Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

work ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: work ?
    Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 12:32am
They are making major changes to my dept. and they aren't good for us, but are putting another department in the middle of ours. My supervisor and those above are excited/happy about the changes. My supervisor is constantly talking about he changes and how wonderful they are. I think he wants us to get excited and effusive about it too, which we just can't do. So far I have avoided commenting but it is getting harder. On a whole, the administration we have now do what they want and expect everyone to get rabidly excited about it. And they are known to threaten your job if they feel ├┐ou are not on board"for whatever they do. It's possible we are going to be asked about the project by our newspaper (small town)and I do not what to lie about something I feel so badly about. My co-worker said we should do whatever they ask even if it is wrong.

So, I need a good way of answering that isn't a lie, if I can't avoid it, and I would love some tips/advice about how to block out all of the hype and physical changes and moving.

Any good ideas?

BTW--this is not a good idea, it is a time and money waster, and many other people don't understand why they have picked this as something good for anybody.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 12:43am
If that's the case, then it will fail.  I was under a VP once that thought every new idea was worth trying.  Most failed miserably and he was gone soon enough.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 12:45am
^Actually, we do think it will fail, and it may not happen this way, but many of the admin. blame everything on someone else.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 1:11am
Aren't journalists supposed to protect the identity of their sources?

If they ask you, make sure they understand your comments are off the record & you want to remain anonymous.

Then blast the living crap out of their dumb idea.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 1:27am
I get into this ALL THE TIME. I see efforts work and fail, good people come and go.
Call it 're-engineering' the workplace...sometimes even the business.

Pesonally, I constantly advise my own team (and I no longer really need to) to never get lost in the prospect of change; keep the nose to the grindstone and let me do what I have to (I wear the 'flak jacket'). My folks have known me for many years ('cept my newest few) - they KNOW I will let them know if change will affect their ability to put food on the table. People have families..
Sometimes these efforts end up happening more AROUND you than TO you; stick to what you do - you do it better than any others - NEVER listen to rumor. DO NOT GET CONSUMED BY IT. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 6:28am
Smile to their face, and in the meantime start looking for another job.  The cynic in me says they are merging the departments and are then going to downsize/fire/f**k over quite a few people by having the new dept. take on their work, which makes the rest of you "redundant".  Pretty sure it will happen by Dec. 31st.  Sorry, that's just the way I see it playing out....  Unhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic