Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who should Rihanna date? are you f**king kidding?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who should Rihanna date? are you f**king kidding?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Wow . . . sexism AND racism in one thread!  We don't get this lucky that often! Confused

Oh geeez...... what'd we do wrong this time? Ermm

And, though I would certainly never condone hitting a woman, or anyone else in anger or for any reason other than self defense, I can't help wonder if she didn't "press his buttons" or provoke him a little bit.

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Women intentionally will 'push the buttons', however, I still believe any (real) man with an inkling of self-control can avoid 'losing it' - and if he does, he still operates with some form of morals, values, and scruples - none of which condones "slappin' da *itch around 'cause I's daMan!".

Let's see...PaWolf regularly makes what I consider to be questionable comments race-wise. Pa, I think you are usually a very nice and kind man, but honestly, you say things that I can't believe come from someone who is married to a black woman and who has children with her.  Do you think that gives you a pass?  Because it does not.

I've never said anything about it before, but I am saying it now.  

And you, Jimbo:  why do you assume she "pushed his buttons"?  And Pa agreed with you, that women intentionally do that.

It is certainly not true of all women, and I'm guessing not even MOST women (although since none of us knows EVERY woman, we can't say for sure what most do or do not).  Women are manipulators, but men are not?  Why not, instead, say, "Some people intentionally push the buttons?"  "Women" do not.

/rant over.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:20am

Women intentionally will 'push the buttons', however, I still believe any (real) man with an inkling of self-control can avoid 'losing it' - and if he does, he still operates with some form of morals, values, and scruples - none of which condones "slappin' da *itch around 'cause I's daMan!".

Let's see...PaWolf regularly makes what I consider to be questionable comments race-wise. Pa, I think you are usually a very nice and kind man, but honestly, you say things that I can't believe come from someone who is married to a black woman and who has children with her.  Do you think that gives you a pass?  Because it does not.

I've never said anything about it before, but I am saying it now.  

YOU are reading what you WANT to read into it, Faith - YOU are applying 'race' to verbage. And NO - save your lectures. 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:24am
(dodges flying objects)  

LOLLOLLOL
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:30am
No flying objects.  I've said what I had to say.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:33am
    Rihanna is a worse role model then her piece of crap boyfriend, I DO condone hitting women. I'd like to knock her f**king teeth out for setting women's rights back at least 100 years. Chris Brown is worthless, no ifs and or buts. Rihanna not pressing charges is worse than useless; she's an enabler. Anybody that pities her should seek therapy. Also, I somehow think there is more to this...she has a very volatile temper as well and probably hit him first. Regardless, Americans need to rethink their idol worship and perhaps focus on people that give back to the community. Isn't it truly ironic how both Whitney Houston's and Bobby Brown's careers both went to hell and Tina Turner, who finally took a stand and became her own woman is more popular than ever?
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:42am
   Faith, my dear friend, I will never , ever say that Rihanna was asking for it. Regardless of the situation nobody has the right to inflict bodily harm on another being unless it is a paid boxing match. In defense of both Pa's and Jimbo's reference to button pushing; although very insensitive and not p.c., that does sometimes apply. My mother, that you know I adore, is very guilty of doing exactly that. No matter the situation, marriage of the moment, etc., She pushes and pushes until she has hit the raw nerve that takes every bit of one's strength to walk away from.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:47am
Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

Also, I somehow think there is more to this...she has a very volatile temper as well and probably hit him first. 

I imagine she may just enjoy the drama.  A lot of those tough girls do; they want a man that's stronger, tougher, and meaner than they are.  I'll bet now that he beat her, they're more in love than ever. 

So, maybe she burned his clothes, broke some dishes, etc.:

Breakin' Dishes
Rihanna

I don't know who you think I am

He been gone since 3:30
Been coming home lately at 3:30
I'm super cool, I've been a fool
But now I'm hot and baby, you gon' get it

Now I ain't tripping, I ain't twisted
I ain't demented, well, just a lil' bit
I'm kicking ***, I'm taking names
I'm on flame, don't come home, babe

I'm breaking dishes up in here, all night
I ain't gon' stop until I see police lights
I'ma fight a man tonight, I'ma fight a man tonight
I'ma fight a man, a man, a m-a-n
A man, a man, a m-a-n

I'm still waiting, come through the door
I'm killing time, you know, bleaching your clothes
I'm roasting marshmallows on the fire
And what I'm burning is your attire

I'm getting restless, I'm getting tested
And I can't believe he's always out every night and never checks in
Is he cheating? Man, I don't know
I'm looking 'round for something else to throw

A man, a man, a m-a-n

But I really don't give a damn right now
If you don't come I'ma huff and puff and blow this, blow this, oh
Blow this, blow this, I'ma blow this, blow this, oh
Blow this house, house down!
Dishes breaking, dishes breaking, dishes

A man, a man, a m-a-n
A man, a man, a m-a-n
A man, a man, a m-a-n

Breaking, breaking, breaking, breaking
Dishes, dishes, dishes
Dishes, dishes, dishes

Dishes, dishes, dishes
Dishes, dishes, dishes

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:52am

Faith, my dear friend, I will never , ever say that Rihanna was asking for it. Regardless of the situation nobody has the right to inflict bodily harm on another being unless it is a paid boxing match. In defense of both Pa's and Jimbo's reference to button pushing; although very insensitive and not p.c., that does sometimes apply. My mother, that you know I adore, is very guilty of doing exactly that. No matter the situation, marriage of the moment, etc., She pushes and pushes until she has hit the raw nerve that takes every bit of one's strength to walk away from.

Do you not know men who do that?  I was married to one of them.  He knew exactly what to say to upset me, and then he'd stand back and look at me like I was crazy for reacting.   A psychologist I knew said that just because my ex could say something inflammatory in a calm voice and I reacted the way anyone would have, it doesn't make ME the crazy one and him the sane one.

Your mother may very well do that, Gail.  And so may other women.  But men do it, too.  It's also called manipulation.  Know any manipulative males?

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Also, I somehow think there is more to this...she has a very volatile temper as well and probably hit him first. 

I imagine she may just enjoy the drama.  A lot of those tough girls do; they want a man that's stronger, tougher, and meaner than they are.  I'll bet now that he beat her, they're more in love than ever. 

So, maybe she burned his clothes, broke some dishes, etc.:

Breakin' Dishes
Rihanna

He been gone since 3:30
Been coming home lately at 3:30
I'm super cool, I've been a fool
But now I'm hot and baby, you gon' get it

Now I ain't tripping, I ain't twisted
I ain't demented, well, just a lil' bit
I'm kicking ***, I'm taking names
I'm on flame, don't come home, babe

A man, a man, a m-a-n

I'm still waiting, come through the door
I'm killing time, you know, bleaching your clothes
I'm roasting marshmallows on the fire
And what I'm burning is your attire

I'm getting restless, I'm getting tested
And I can't believe he's always out every night and never checks in
Is he cheating? Man, I don't know
I'm looking 'round for something else to throw

A man, a man, a m-a-n

But I really don't give a damn right now
If you don't come I'ma huff and puff and blow this, blow this, oh
Blow this house, house down!
Dishes breaking, dishes breaking, dishes

A man, a man, a m-a-n
A man, a man, a m-a-n
A man, a man, a m-a-n

Dishes, dishes, dishes
Dishes, dishes, dishes

Dishes, dishes, dishes
Dishes, dishes, dishes

I know what I said, but let's not consider it advocacy. She turns my stomach though and I have an inate distrust of her. Perhaps that's why it makes the situation all the more heinous. If it was a drama ploy, sadly, legions of women will suffer because of it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 2:57am
Who is the simpleton who sings about the fact she's "gonna knock the windshield outta yo car"?!
Perfect example of 'beauty might not even be skin deep - even in the dark'

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:02am

Do you not know men who do that?  I was married to one of them.  He knew exactly what to say to upset me, and then he'd stand back and look at me like I was crazy for reacting.   A psychologist I knew said that just because my ex could say something inflammatory in a calm voice and I reacted the way anyone would have, it doesn't make ME the crazy one and him the sane one.

Your mother may very well do that, Gail.  And so may other women.  But men do it, too.  It's also called manipulation.  Know any manipulative males?

Faith, reread the post. I said That NOBODY has the right to inflict bodily harm. regardless of  being male or female. Manipulative men? Oh yes, I know many. Most could easily be labelled sociopaths. Oh the times i've fantasized about having a gun. The difference between us and them is that we do walk away.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:05am

Who is the simpleton who sings about the fact she's "gonna knock the windshield outta yo car"?!

YAY FOR ME!!! Here it is...

(any MAN should know when to 'walk away'; screw the mental torture and all that comes with it, especially if it heads this direction...)

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:06am

Wow . . . sexism AND racism in one thread!  We don't get this lucky that often! Confused

Oh geeez...... what'd we do wrong this time? Ermm

And, though I would certainly never condone hitting a woman, or anyone else in anger or for any reason other than self defense, I can't help wonder if she didn't "press his buttons" or provoke him a little bit. 

Even though you included my quote in your post, you still misquoted me, or at the very least, misinterpreted what I said.

Here's what I said

I can't help wonder if she didn't "press his buttons" or provoke him a little bit.

People who are intimately involved with one another often times do that.

And here's what you said I said

And you, Jimbo:  why do you assume she "pushed his buttons"?  And Pa agreed with you, that women intentionally do that.

Note that I used the words "WONDER & IF", as well as "PEOPLE & ONE ANOTHER".

I made it a point to use those words specifically so that someone wouldn't GET THE WRONG IDEA & think I was being prejudiced towards women, or assuming that she provoked him.

I "assumed" NOTHING.

All the assuming that was done, was on your part.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:20am

That whole thing with destroying a man's belongings to get back at him seems to be a black thing.  I hear it in lyrics and see it on TV a lot.  I think it has to do with some notion of female empowerment, and may have gotten popular with that movie from the 90's in which an angry woman (Whitney Houston??) gets back at her husband or boyfriend by setting his car on fire.  And then there was that girl from TLC who burned her boyfriend's mansion down around that time, too.

Here's the article on that one:

edit:  I found it.  The movie was Waiting to Exhale. 

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:25am
   Gotta tell you Thor; that comment is going to bite you in the ass. It may be more of a female trait, but black????  Does that mean that a bitter custody battle with a husband who's sole purpose is retaliation is a white man's thing?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:27am

That whole thing with destroying a man's belongings to get back at him seems to be a black thing. 

(first bite)
Don't go through life believing THAT; it is much more of a culturally-independant behavior than any article may lead one to believe. Unless you're Muslim - those women generally know better than to lose their heads over considering such an action, doncha know.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:33am
It might bite me in the ass, but it's my observation that that sort of behavior is more prevalent in the black community.  It seems to be almost celebrated.  And the examples and lyrics I cited, and the video Pa posted, sort of point to that.

I guess I could be wrong, but I just don't hear of this sort of thing being celebrated so much among white women.  I dunno---do Avril LaVigne or Britney Spears have that sort of song in their repertoire?  Maybe they do.

Oh, even Judge Joe Brown scolded a woman recently for destroying her boyfriend's property, saying she's feeding into a racial stereotype.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:37am

It might bite me in the ass, but it's my observation that that sort of behavior is more prevalent in the black community.  It seems to be almost celebrated.  And the examples and lyrics I cited, and the video Pa posted, sort of point to that.

I guess I could be wrong, but I just don't hear of this sort of thing being celebrated so much among white women. 

That's probably because most trailer park music isn't made into videos...and country music tends to lean toward 'love songs'. If they celebrate it in the trailer park or out on the ranch, they're going straight to a jail that probably isn't all that overpopulated. Especially in the women's dorms.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:39am
What?   Are you saying rednecks never beat their wives?    The whole reason why we have the wife beater shirts is due to the hillbillies on COPS getting arrested in domestic situations while wearing those shirts. 

I feel the urge to issue two "Watch it, sucka"s to the two individuals trying to make this into a Muslim and Black thing.     This is not a Muslim thing, not a Black thing, but a HUMAN thing.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:40am
I thought it was a "women" thing.

I've seen white women portrayed as doing that in TV commercials & movies & TV shows for as long as I can remember.

As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen a black woman portrayed anywhere as throwing her man's stuff out on the lawn or destroying it.

If anything, the black women you hear talking about it in songs are probably picking up the cue from the TV/movies stereotype of white women doing it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:40am

I guess I could be wrong, but I just don't hear of this sort of thing being celebrated so much among white women. 

Thor, I wouldn't refer to that sort of behavior as being "celebrated". It would require a helluva alot of anger and I somehow think that something quite hideous having been done to the woman described might warrant it. No matter which way you slice it, physical violence is far more heinous.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:43am

Does that mean that a bitter custody battle with a husband who's sole purpose is retaliation is a white man's thing?

I dunno.  Maybe it is.  Do you think it is?  It sounds like you might.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:44am
o.k.o.k.o.k.o.k....back to topic.
I think Rihanna should date Little Stevie Wonder.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:45am

I guess I could be wrong, but I just don't hear of this sort of thing being celebrated so much among white women.  I dunno---do Avril LaVigne or Britney Spears have that sort of song in their repertoire?  Maybe they do.

Oh, even Judge Joe Brown scolded a woman recently for destroying her boyfriend's property, saying she's feeding into a racial stereotype.

What about the Two and a Half Men episode with Jenna Elfman where she was smashing up her psychiatrist's Mercedes with a baseball bat the first time they ever saw her?

Then, I think maybe later in the episode, it turns out that it wasn't really her shrink's car afterall, but her boyfrioend's or husband's.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 3:48am

Thor, I wouldn't refer to that sort of behavior as being "celebrated". It would require a helluva alot of anger and I somehow think that something quite hideous having been done to the woman described might warrant it. No matter which way you slice it, physical violence is far more heinous.

By "celebrated", I mean it's sung in songs and presented in movies as a positive thing.  In Waiting to Exhale, the woman (it was actually Angela Bassett) burned her husband's belongings because he left her.  In the song that Pa posted and the lyrics I posted, a boyfriend who's merely suspected of cheating, gets his windshield smashed and his clothing set on fire.  Maybe they do deserve it, but nevertheless, those women are "celebrating" their bad reaction to his bad behavior.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic