Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's The Worst Thing You Ever Ate?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's The Worst Thing You Ever Ate?
    Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 1:56am
Inspired by this cute site:  http://worstthingieverate.com/  I ask you all the same question?  I'll mull over my food history and offer mine later.  Wink

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 2:33am
Does "drink" count?

There's nothing worse than taking a swig of milk that has texture and twang.

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 3:18am
IKURA.
I hate it.
It's NASTY
And beets and stuff like that, but Ikura is really gross as well as Guiness beer.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 4:00am
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

IKURA.
I hate it.
It's NASTY
And beets and stuff like that, but Ikura is really gross as well as Guiness beer.
Okay...well thanks for contributing.  But we need to know what IKURA is, you see.  In order for us all to comment.  Cool

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Does "drink" count?

*thinks a second*....

Uhhh...Yeah!!  Big%20smile

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 4:50am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

I ask you all the same question?  I'll mull over my food history and offer mine later.  Wink

Ooh!  Ooh!  Can I make a guess?
Does it have anything to do with your... avatar?  LOL

Quiche....
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 4:58am
Cold quiche....  Dead
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 1:42pm
A small, very small bite of conch harvested off the waters of Forked River, New Jersey.

That shot out of my mouth like my lips were a Smith & Wesson.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 2:29pm
Thought I was going to eat it this week in Boston.

The green stuff inside a lobster.

Actually, it was ok.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 3:18pm
It wasn't me, it was Mr. Aleen.  He ate huitlacoche (aka "corn smut") as a result of me showing him this blog called "Steve, don't eat it!"  The "Steve" in question eats all sorts of gross things and blogs about it.  Only Mr. Aleen would look at this blog and see it as inspiration!  If you're unsure of what huitlacoche looks like and have a strong stomach, do a Google image search.  I dare you!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

If you're unsure of what huitlacoche looks like and have a strong stomach, do a Google image search.  I dare you!

I just did.  I read about it, too.

It's a disease.

That people eat.

Confused

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 3:51pm
I read that in some cultures that the afterbirth is saved and eaten by the new parents.

After the doc delivered my son, I watched him deliver the afterbirth.  I said, "I'll have that to go doc!" 

He wasn't amused.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 4:16pm

Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

If you're unsure of what huitlacoche looks like and have a strong stomach, do a Google image search.  I dare you!

I just did.  I read about it, too.

It's a disease.

That people eat.

Confused

And apparently a delicacy at that...Dead
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 7:21pm
Stay away from all delicacies!  If "delicacy" didn't sound so much like "delicate", and were called "creepycacies" or "inediblacies" instead, I doubt there'd be any market whatsoever for them.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 9:05pm

ConfusedBelieve me - you really don't want to ask me that question.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 10:01pm
I can never understand why people dislike quiche so much.  I made about 10 different kinds and there's never any left.  And yes..I do check the plant pots after everyone's left....LOL

Anyway..the worst thing I ate recently was at a road side rest area in Maryland.  We decided "Phillips Seafood" looked ok.  So what does dummy here ::: points to self:::   order?? A HOT DOG!  And yes it tasted like ass (they sure looked good though, twirling on that twirly grill thingy), and the fries with it were cold and rubbery and had black spots on them.  I was too hungry to make any changes...so...I burped for hours afterwards. I think I can still taste it and it's been 3 weeks.   DeadDeadDead

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 10:17pm
Stewed tomatos. Just looking at that lump of red & white goo on a plate makes my stomach turn. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Well, okay.  Then we'll all just have to assume it's feces.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Stewed tomatos. Just looking at that lump of red & white goo on a plate makes my stomach turn. 
I'd like to know what the "white goo" in your stewed tomatoes actually was!  Perhaps some mold of some sort?  Shocked  That's just not normal!  LOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Virginia Dare Virginia Dare wrote:

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I'd like to know what the "white goo" in your stewed tomatoes actually was!  Perhaps some mold of some sort?  Shocked  That's just not normal!  LOL

There was white goo in the container of sliced-up red and green bell peppers that I opened yesterday.  Damn, those things go bad fast.  I tossed 'em.  Then I sliced up some more, and froze 'em.   

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 1:21am
I like to freeze chopped peppers too, learning the hard way to put them into heavy duty freezer bags.  Green Pepper Flavored Ice Tea isn't very tasty.  Same with onions, chopped. 

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 4:55am

LOL
Well...o.k., then...but not quite.

Guess I set myself up...and you 'pushed the envelope' right back at me.
I'll 'open it' and tell you a cute little story.

Some years back, I was in Heidelberg, Germany, on business.
Went out with some friends to eat dinner at a little gasthaus (local tavern). It was a family-owned place, on a very old street corner; in my youth, it was a regular hang-out.
My 'German' was quite rusty, both reading and speaking - it had been almost 20 years.
I wanted to 'come home' per se...and I really blew it.
I looked at the menu and acted as if it was 'only yesterday', pointed at my selection...and in the worst German I could possibly use, proceeded to send the waiter into a laughing fit, as I ordered "SH*T FLESH STEW"...actually, I was trying to order "Blood Beef Stew" (but I had a totally wrong idea of what I thought I was ordering - and I DIDN'T want "Blood Beef Stew" - I thought it was "sliced beef (marinated in a fine red wine) stew".
Don't ask me why, because I forgotton...probably for all the same reasons one would care to forget some cannibalistic dinner...and no...after about 2 bites (yea, I swallowed), it was over.
Every time I hear the old song, "Timothy", it all bleeds through...need I say more?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:12am
Urine and beverly soda from Italy omg :P

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 4:46pm
A turkey sandwich the other day. I don't know WTf it was, but the turkey smelled like pastrami or something. How does one F up a turkey sandwich? And the deli/store I got it from boasts about its "prime meats"

Prime meats my arse. That sandwich was frickin GROSS. I'll never go there again.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:30pm

LOL
Well...o.k., then...but not quite.

Guess I set myself up...and you 'pushed the envelope' right back at me.
I'll 'open it' and tell you a cute little story.

Some years back, I was in Heidelberg, Germany, on business.
Went out with some friends to eat dinner at a little gasthaus (local tavern). It was a family-owned place, on a very old street corner; in my youth, it was a regular hang-out.
My 'German' was quite rusty, both reading and speaking - it had been almost 20 years.
I wanted to 'come home' per se...and I really blew it.
I looked at the menu and acted as if it was 'only yesterday', pointed at my selection...and in the worst German I could possibly use, proceeded to send the waiter into a laughing fit, as I ordered "SH*T FLESH STEW"...actually, I was trying to order "Blood Beef Stew" (but I had a totally wrong idea of what I thought I was ordering - and I DIDN'T want "Blood Beef Stew" - I thought it was "sliced beef (marinated in a fine red wine) stew".
Don't ask me why, because I forgotton...probably for all the same reasons one would care to forget some cannibalistic dinner...and no...after about 2 bites (yea, I swallowed), it was over.

Ha!  Similar story...

Years ago, I was sitting at my desk one morning, when an Irish woman I worked with handed me what looked to be a piece of chocolate to eat.  I popped it in my mouth, and soon enough, realized it wasn't.  I spit it out.  Turns out it was homemade blood sausage.

I said "Scab!  You just fed me scab!"  She thought it was hilarious.

I guess I deserved it.  A few days prior, after she left for home, I taped a used cigarette butt to the mouthpiece on her phone so that her first phonecall the next day would put that butt right in her mouth.  It went according to plan, and, boy, was she pissed!  She hated cigarettes, especially cigarette butts.  I guess the blood sausage was her revenge.

We had some fun at that job.  LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic