Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:44pm
I lost my golden retriever to cancer this last February.  He was 11.  What's sad is, he couldn't walk anymore and just laid in the garage on a blanket.  I stayed with him as much as possible, but he just died while I was in the house doing something, so I wasn't with him. Unhappy The golden I had before him also died of cancer at age 10.  So many dogs die from cancer...I think it's all that processed dog food.  If I ever get another dog, I'm going to make my own dog food.  It might be more expensive but at least I won't be feeding him chemicals. 
Nothing like sad dog stories to start the day.  Sigh.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:33pm

I'm sorry about your Retriever, Carol.

My neighb's Golden Retriever (a big, lovable guy) died this year, as did two other dogs, Thelma and Toby, from within three houses. All, really nice, friendly pooches.

I wonder how long it'll be before my cat Rocco ventures upstairs to the dog's area of the house. For 2+ years now, they've lived in fear of each other, and have managed to avoid any meet-and-greet. If they only knew how silly they were both being about it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:46pm
Sorry to hear about your dog, Thor.

That sucks. I still don' know what killed my cat Fidget. He was fine one day, then suddenly stopped eating. Within a few days he was dead. Had it not happened on a Friday, I would have been able to get him to the vet a couple of days earlier. Might have made a difference.

Dogs seem to be very susceptible to health problems, especially bone and joint problems.

My sister spent thousands of dollars on treatment for her little Chihuahua mix.

I think the vet put her kid a good way through college off the bills she charged my sister.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:37pm
Re Fidget---I hear kidney failure can come on pretty quickly.

The vet my bro goes to (well, the vet group he belongs to) is considered really good. It just so happens that I work with the vet's mother. Back about 4 years ago, I asked her if she knows of any good vets in the area as I knew she was an animal lover, and she said "Yeah, my son!". They're pretty expensive, though.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Re Fidget---I hear kidney failure can come on pretty quickly.

The vet my bro goes to (well, the vet group he belongs to) is considered really good. It just so happens that I work with the vet's mother. Back about 4 years ago, I asked her if she knows of any good vets in the area as I knew she was an animal lover, and she said "Yeah, my son!". They're pretty expensive, though.

That's what I'm thinking it was.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 4:37pm
The sad thing with Leah was her mind was still sharp, all body functions were still working well.  Her rear legs just couldn't support her own weight on hard floors.  She had a good 14 years with us if my math is right.
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 4:51pm
Can we change the subject now?  I'm about to start Cry.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 5:10pm
I just got this notice in the mail today.  "Not affiliated with the dealer or manufacturer"

Our records indicate you have not contacted us to have your vehicle protection activated.

STFU!  I still have an active 36 month, 36,000 mile power train warranty.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:43pm
Sorry for the loss of your dog Thor.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Sorry for the loss of your dog Thor.

Thanks, RaNF.

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

That sucks. I still don' know what killed my cat Fidget. He was fine one day, then suddenly stopped eating. Within a few days he was dead.

A few years back I had a cat with the same symptoms.  Turned out to be a throat tumor and she couldn't swallow her food anymore.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

That sucks. I still don' know what killed my cat Fidget. He was fine one day, then suddenly stopped eating. Within a few days he was dead.

A few years back I had a cat with the same symptoms.  Turned out to be a throat tumor and she couldn't swallow her food anymore.

Ouch!!! Ouch 

That sounds rough, but my Fidgy had something else.

It came on quickly and took him quickly. The main symptom was anemia, but the underlying condition that caused the anemia I am not sure about. Probably kidney failure.

One Friday morning in January, he gobbled down his morning meal like he usually did. Then at lunch, he came out, sniffed at it then went back in the bathtub where he had been sleeping.

That was the beginning of the end. By Tuesday he was gone. Had it happened earlier in the week, I could've gotten him to the vet a couple of days earlier and the transfusion they gave him might have worked.

OTOH, he might have been too far gone at that point for anything short of an organ transplant to have saved him.

Oh well. Nothing I can do now but miss him. Cry

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:50pm
As much as I love my fur babies, I'm not sure I'd spring for an organ transplant.  Ermm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:02pm

As much as I love my fur babies, I'm not sure I'd spring for an organ transplant.  Ermm

Yes, that's a tough dilemma and a sad choice a lot of people are faced with.

The transfusion and associated treatment for Fidgy came to over $600.

And I still brought home his lifeless body. 

The vet originally told me the transfusion would have to be done at another vet's office and could cost up to $2,000!!! After I balked at that, I got a call later from another assistant telling me they could do it there for $250. 

I suspect a little, that the first vet, who is part of a group and works out of more than one office, was trying/hoping to score a big $$$$$ sale for his other practice.

He told me he had just gotten confused.

Yeah, right. Ermm

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:08am
It's sad when vets make someone choose between medical care for their pet and spending all of their savings on procedures they can't even guarantee will cure the animal.  The almighty buck....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:54am

It's sad when vets make someone choose between medical care for their pet and spending all of their savings on procedures they can't even guarantee will cure the animal.  The almighty buck....

Yeah, it's the 'Murican way though, ain't it?

On one hand, you can't fault vets for wanting to make money especially after all the money they spent getting an education and training and opening up and running their practice.

But one can also not help but wonder how many of them are exploiting situations and just capitalizing off of people's devotion to their pets.

And then again, some people will fork over the dough partially out of a sense of guilt.

They know they'd feel like bad people if they let their helpless little fur buddies die just because they didn't want to part with a buttload of money to keep them alive, which itself is not always guaranteed even if they do spend the money. 

Sucks how life is so full of crappy choices, don't it? Ouch

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 2:03pm

Yeah, it's the 'Murican way though, ain't it?

On one hand, you can't fault vets for wanting to make money especially after all the money they spent getting an education and training and opening up and running their practice.

But one can also not help but wonder how many of them are exploiting situations and just capitalizing off of people's devotion to their pets.

And then again, some people will fork over the dough partially out of a sense of guilt.

They know they'd feel like bad people if they let their helpless little fur buddies die just because they didn't want to part with a buttload of money to keep them alive, which itself is not always guaranteed even if they do spend the money. 

Sucks how life is so full of crappy choices, don't it? Ouch

I agree.  You just said it all.  Condensed version:  stuck between a rock and a hard place.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I just got this notice in the mail today.  "Not affiliated with the dealer or manufacturer"

Our records indicate you have not contacted us to have your vehicle protection activated.

STFU!  I still have an active 36 month, 36,000 mile power train warranty.
I get those for vehicles I have not owned for 5 - 10 years.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:43am
I get calls from those scammers all the time.  I tell them I lease from a dealer & it's all covered (a lie, of course , but they still keep talking even as I hang up on them...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 3:14pm
I get a call from one of these companies at 6:12 on a Sunday evening.  I got part of a voicemail.

I can't wait till they call me back.  I will act like I'm stupid and interested, waste as much of their time as I can.  Before I tell them...

I'm on the 'do not call' list
You can shove your f*cking service straight up your ass!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:11pm
My father gets calls at his business multiple times a day, asking him to update his Google listing. He doesn't and has never had a listing, yet they keep calling him, and it's likely not Google calling him. He repeatedly says "Take me off your list" and they never do anything. The Do-not Call Registry has never helped at all. Robocalls stink and it's even worse it seems if you own a business.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

My father gets calls at his business multiple times a day, asking him to update his Google listing. He doesn't and has never had a listing, yet they keep calling him, and it's likely not Google calling him. He repeatedly says "Take me off your list" and they never do anything. The Do-not Call Registry has never helped at all. Robocalls stink and it's even worse it seems if you own a business.
The gubmint has talked about cracking down on these scam callers for years!  Like everything else they try to do, no obvious results.  This is not enough to make me change my plan, I've had people laugh at me when I say I'm on the national do not call list.  Angry

I've been here for over 2 months. I heard the neighbors voice for the first time today.  He was telling his dog to stop barking at me.  He also parked his truck in a way that made it tougher to back into my driveway.  No more chickens! I'm old and I don't see too well!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 4:36pm
Jesus Christ!  I should have moved out of this po-dunk town when I had a chance.  There are 2 car washes in town. My first choice was completely closed down, even the self serve lanes.  The second one, at the Shell/BP station, takes only quarters or tokens. No one dollar bills!  WTF!  I think if you buy gas they give you a code to punch in. I just filled up the other day! Angry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Jesus Christ!  I should have moved out of this po-dunk town when I had a chance.  There are 2 car washes in town. My first choice was completely closed down, even the self serve lanes.  The second one, at the Shell/BP station, takes only quarters or tokens. No one dollar bills!  WTF!  I think if you buy gas they give you a code to punch in. I just filled up the other day! Angry

There are quite a few car washes within a 5 mile radius of me. One of them is closed down. You'd think that every car wash would take dollar bills. Kind of stinks when you're in a small community and there's not a whole lot of options.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 5:08pm
I used to have a heated 3 car garage that I added 6 florescent, 4 foot shop lights to.  I couldn't hand wash my truck today.  Back then, it sure was nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 125>
  Share Topic