Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What pisses you off?
    Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 7:34pm
I had my rant about flood insurance. Insurance in general.
We have some teen neighbors with loud vehicles and NO concern for neighbors sleeping.
This isn't 7 pm, It's 1 am.
We like to go with the flow but sometimes other people cross the line.
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 7:39pm
Dishonesty. Really grinds my gears.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 7:54pm
I would never lie to you Ms. mad.
These friggin calls that want to solve my credit problems.
I tried to be nice, leave me the fk alone.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 8:08pm
Here's another thing that steams my asparagus:

People with their kids trying to sell me sh*t outside the supermarket. I don't care if your school needs new desks, or if your team needs new uniforms. I'm not into sweets so stop waving Girl Scout cookies at me. If I need a jumbo bar of Kit Kats, I could have picked up a bag of them while I was inside the store. And parents, don't you dare give me a dirty look when I decline.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 8:25pm
With the arrival of Spring, those damn birds i.e. flying rats that have begun chirping and squawking away nonstop right outside my bedroom window at the crack of dawn.  Sometimes I wanna take a baseball bat to those feathered bastards.

The weekly emergency broadcast system tests.   That sh*t's not only irritatingly LOUD, but it's like crying wolf .. if it comes up because there really is an emergency, how many people will just dismiss it as a test and pay it no mind?
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

The weekly emergency broadcast system tests.   That sh*t's not only irritatingly LOUD, but it's like crying wolf .. if it comes up because there really is an emergency, how many people will just dismiss it as a test and pay it no mind?

It's already happened. over 40 people were killed in a town in Indiana because the twister (an F-4) struck the town at 1:00 PM, when the Fire Department tested the alarm. A police officer noticed nobody was reacting to the alarm he got on his bullhorn telling everybody to take cover, this is not a drill. His neighbor saw him doing this and gave him the one-fingered salute. That neighbor was never heard from again.
Poiuyt Power!!!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 11:01pm
Essentially everything.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 11:59pm
My #1 is the same as Maddy's - I cannot liars.

#2 are those that constantly pepper basic conversation with obscene words of any kind - especially the 'F'-word.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 2:08pm

Dysfunctional people, chaotic families.

Seems no one from my dead neighbor's family has done anything re the "estate" (lotsa junk, important papers, plus a cat) of the deceased.  Supposedly, the live-in girlfriend (who seems like a tweaker) of Jeff's bro was gonna get a charity in to take what they want as donation, but she hasn't started that process yet.  She wants to take some furniture for herself, but she's waiting for her government check so she can rent a U-Haul.  None of the 3 brothers even went to his funeral.  I have no idea if the landlord even knows Jeff's dead.  His mail is piling up.  

My part in this is that I agreed to feed his cat while awaiting a female friend of his to come and get her.  What if the landlord comes and wants to lock the place up?  The month is almost over, and technically, the landlord can take possession in a few days.  Will I have to bring the cat to my house?  I don't want this cat here.

I wish these people would get their sh*t together.  I understand his mother (who lives 2+ hours away) is grieving, but there's a bro and live-in gf who live nearby who should be handling a lot of this.  From what Jeff's told me, his family consists of a mother, a dead father, several stepfathers, step-siblings, live-in girlfriends, lotsa people who don't talk to each other, drugs, crime, health issues, etc.  In other words, people who can't get their own sh*t together, let alone anyone else's.

Even if I wanted to, I can't take control of the matter as I'm not the executor.  But I don't want to and it's not my business, anyway.  I wasn't even close friends with the guy.  I was just the guy who helped him out when he needed a ride or a loan or someone to help pick him up when he fell.

All I want is that the cat be taken.  I hope the friend comes this weekend for her.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 2:22pm
I was thinking the other day, are these people counting on "thor" to clear this place out, at his own expence.

A rental?  Even more sticky situation.

Did they give you any phone numbers?

Take the cat to the humane society if you have to.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 2:48pm

If they told me they were counting on me to handle matters, I could just say yes or no (I'd say "no").  But, as it is, it just seems like there's no plan at all.

I have the number for the bro's live-in girlfriend.  But whenever I've talked with her, she's just totally scattered.  I also have his mother's number.  Supposedly, she's coming up here sometime next week.  I'm guessing next weekend.  I guess I could call her to find out for sure, but I just don't wanna put myself in the situation too deeply.  I have a feeling these are the types of people who are just looking for someone else to handle things.  I don't want to be that guy.  

My only responsibility is to feed the cat, as that's the only thing I volunteered for.  I don't want to send her to a death sentence at the Humane Society.  She didn't ask for any of this.  But I think the friend will come to take her.  She seems way more "with it" than his family, and she actually asked for the cat, so I'm hopeful.  I just want it to happen now.

I might be jumping the gun in my assessment.  Maybe it'll all come together without me, and soon.  Who knows?  

Also, I just thought of something.  The matter of clearing out the house might not be quite that pressing.  I think tenants have a month before they (or their belongings, in this case) can actually be removed.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I don't mind the tests themselves, I just wish they wouldn't step all over the audio of the program that's on when they do it.

Ever notice how they never run that sh*t during commercials?

Heaven forbid they offend one of their precious advertising customers.

Just screw the viewers over. What the hell do we matter, anyway?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:13pm

People were pissed not too long ago when the Emergency Alert System notified them on their cellphones in the middle of the night (using that same screeching modem sound) of some Amber Alert situation.

Apparently, this cellphone feature can be disabled, but no one knew that at the time.  Scared the sh*t outta them.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

All I want is that the cat be taken. I hope the friend comes this weekend for her.

My only responsibility is to feed the cat, as that's the only thing I volunteered for. I don't want to send her to a death sentence at the Humane Society. She didn't ask for any of this. But I think the friend will come to take her. She seems way more "with it" than his family, and she actually asked for the cat, so I'm hopeful. I just want it to happen now.

The poor cat is probably facing a death sentence anyway, even if that ding-a-ling does take her.

She probably lives in an apartment complex that she'll have to move away from eventually & have to leave the cat behind to fend for itself because she can't have pets in her new place.

Even were she's at now, the cat will probably be left outside all the time to roam around the parking lot & the rest of the complex where who-knows-what may befall her.

I wonder if she's even been spayed.

Which brings me to another thing that pisses me off... people who don't get their pets spayed & neutered.

The dumbasses who live across the street & down a ways took in the female cat those hicks left behind back in 011 & have never gotten her fixed. The cat has had 3 litters of kittens since then, out of which they've kept 3 males which they also haven't had fixed.

Of the 3 males they've kept, one disappeared because they took off for 3 days & left him outside, one I never see outside so all I can assume is that they either got rid of him or he died, & one I see hanging around occasionally. He visits my yard sometimes & recently when the female (his mother) was in heat, he was outside all night sceeching & fighting with a couple of other males that were hanging around all day & night, howling for her.

At least they started keeping her inside most of the time.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:21pm

Originally, the bro's live-in gf said she'd take it.  That'd probably be a disaster for the cat.  Then this other woman said she wanted it.  I met the woman.  She seems together.  Drives a Lincoln, and dresses business-y.  She owns a house and property.  She currently has a pooch and a 19y/o cat.  So, I'm hopeful.

I just want it to happen...and now!

And yeah, she's neutered.  Sweet cat.  About 5y/o, a little fat, tiniest little meow.  She'd make a good pet.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:33pm
Be nice if you could contact her & remind her.

She might be on the fence about it & a polite little push could get her to act.

Did you get her name or phone #?

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:36pm

And yeah, she's neutered. Sweet cat. About 5y/o, a little fat, tiniest little meow. She'd make a good pet.

"She" would have been spayed.

Only males are neutered.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:41pm

Yeah, if she doesn't come for it, I'll get her number from Jeff's bro's gf.  She got it from searching around Jeff's house for an address book, as his cellphone is locked.  Luckily, she found one and it was in there.

And yeah, if she needs a push, I can give it.  "Prissy" is a pretty pleasant cat.  She seems like she might be the affectionate type.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:42pm
Do it now.

Don't wait.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And yeah, she's neutered. Sweet cat. About 5y/o, a little fat, tiniest little meow. She'd make a good pet.

Only males are neutered.

Ahh, yes.  Duh.

I guess, however, both genders get "fixed".  But that doesn't seem like an appropriate word either.  "Damaged" would be more apt, in my opinion.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:51pm

Do it now.

Don't wait.

I'll call her today.  I need to know when this woman is gonna come and get her, as it'll take a little time and effort on my part to round the cat up.  

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 4:08pm

Only males are neutered.

Ahh, yes.  Duh.

I guess, however, both genders get "fixed".  But that doesn't seem like an appropriate word either.  "Damaged" would be more apt, in my opinion.  LOL

Or "altered".

An old gf of mine had a spayed female Siamese that she referred to as an "it".

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 4:17pm

That's why I had no qualms about naming one of my males "Mallory".

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 4:38pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 5:14pm
Big smile  That instant Karma is gonna get you.  Hah!!   The neighbor, across the street and 2 doors down, that are idiots, selfish and inconsiderate just went through the ice down at the end of our street. HA HA HA!!
I could still see the handlebars on the snowmobile, They have a jet ski trying to hook a line to it.

The cop was just pulling up.  I wish I had my camera.  My new phone has a camera. I'll have to have mama show me how to use it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 125>
  Share Topic