Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 737475
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 5:03pm
Oh boy!  Here's a real pisser! We used my old truck as collateral to borrow some money from our Credit Union.  They took the title!  I thought about this before we signed the papers.  I'll bet they make me add collision on the insurance...Nothing was said about it! They didn't ask me if we had full coverage on it.  I'll have to review the paperwork but I don't think we agreed to anything about the insurance.

Now!  Guess what! I got a letter from them saying what they require with an auto loan.  Confused  Uh, this is a personal loan with some of my property as collateral!  They wouldn't do a home equity loan unless we had flood insurance!  It will be a cold day in hell when I do any business with FEMA, the ONLY provider of flood insurance! 

So now I'm thinking and telling mama, what the hell are they going to do?  The money is gone, can they take my truck?  I think somebody just screwed up and it's not us!  Screw them! The insurance is already 54 bucks a month for two vehicles with liability only!
I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Oh boy!  Here's a real pisser! We used my old truck as collateral to borrow some money from our Credit Union.  They took the title!  I thought about this before we signed the papers.  I'll bet they make me add collision on the insurance...Nothing was said about it! They didn't ask me if we had full coverage on it.  I'll have to review the paperwork but I don't think we agreed to anything about the insurance.

Now!  Guess what! I got a letter from them saying what they require with an auto loan.  Confused  Uh, this is a personal loan with some of my property as collateral!  They wouldn't do a home equity loan unless we had flood insurance!  It will be a cold day in hell when I do any business with FEMA, the ONLY provider of flood insurance! 

So now I'm thinking and telling mama, what the hell are they going to do?  The money is gone, can they take my truck?  I think somebody just screwed up and it's not us!  Screw them! The insurance is already 54 bucks a month for two vehicles with liability only!

First things first.

I have no idea how much you borrowed, but it doesn't sound like too much (less than the current Kelly Blue Book value) if they didn't press the insurance coverage matter. Just don't devalue the truck by unintentionally remodeling it (as in an accident). Even if that did occur, you have to pay the LIEN off, which, if not your fault, the other's insurance should cover (hopefully). Depending on how the loan was structured, if you pay it off early (say,  by overpaying by even $5-$10 whenever you can), you may even get a financial break - check with the Credit Union for a fast answer on this.

Holding the title is totally normal. Once the loan has been paid back, you'll get it back. This is a LIEN.

If they gave you the money and you spent it AND are repaying the loan (I assume a payment schedule was set up), I wouldn't worry at all about it. This is a very normal loan. Just try and not get behind on payments, This is excellent for your credit.

The main point: VERY common loan, DON'T WORRY unless you can't pay it back. If you CAN, have them automatically draft the payments so you get used to living on the adjusted income. This would mean if you wanted to pay extra (because they advise it would be to your advantage), you could either send them a check whenever you wanted, or have them adjust your payment amount to be a little higher.

Just *my* thoughts...but then again, they're under-educated thoughts. The Credit Union may have Financial Advisers - it sure couldn't hurt to sit down with that person - free education and they're usually very nice folks. Just like you and me, facing the same issues we all do, but they have *insight*. Use them - they may become very good friends. The more honest you are with them, the better they can help (they can change your life).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 8:53am
The question is whether or not they can force me to add collision/comprehensive to our policy.  I think they covered that (sort of) in the contract. F*ckers!  I called Allstate, their 24/7 customer service dept.  Yeah right!  She did say that if I call back after 7am there would be an agent there to tell me how much more the insurance will cost.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:45pm
Well, Mama stepped up to the kitchen sink and said..."The floor is wet!" F*ck!  I mopped the cabinet with a towel, found my spot light and I still don't see a leak. It must be in the drain line. I have a fan going trying to dry things out.

I added collision/comprehensive coverage to my truck, works out to about $25 more a month.  I'm still pissed at the Credit Union!  I'll have some words for them on Tuesday!  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:54pm
The garbage disposal quit working months ago but I was still able to use that side of the sink.  Now water is coming out of the bottom of the disposal. I got the brand name and model number off of the one I have.  I think Menards has them in stock.

InSinkErator E202WC

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 7:43pm
The lien is a contract, so *specific* insurance expectations and agreements would be written into it. If it is (as it probably is) written in 'legalese', you can probably get an attorney who specializes in contract or business law, but run this thought by any friend with a legal background and fetch their opinion...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 6:11pm
I know I can't fight them on this PaW, I'm just kinda pissed that they would spring this on me 5 weeks after the paperwork was signed.  The "Insurance Tracking Department" ( no name was given ) for this diabolical request. They claim this is an auto purchase loan...No, it's not!  They told me to tell my insurance company to forward the documents to confirm I have the proper coverage.  I'll tell them, YOU CONTACT MY INSURANCE COMPANY!  I've done the heavy lifting.  It won't kill your lazy ass bank people to do this yourselves!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 5:18pm
I think our insurance agent is some sort of a ditz, the company that handles insurance coverage issues for our CU called them on Tuesday while I was on hold.  I wanted to follow up today since I haven't heard anything.  She, (Anna) our agent didn't even return their call. WTF!  I know she looks young, she sounded pretty young on our 3-way call.  Pretty young and naive about this type of demand from a bank or credit union.   Wacko

Some construction dipstick is parked in front of my mailbox, stupid mother f*ckers got no brains!  I hobble out of my truck and give the universal (both hands out) WTF? sign.

The good news today!  Mama enjoyed the free order of fries they gave me at McDonald's...I think they screwed up!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 5:47pm

The good news today!  Mama enjoyed the free order of fries they gave me at McDonald's...I think they screwed up!

Shocked She didn't eat those fries nobody else wanted, did she???!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Shocked She didn't eat those fries nobody else wanted, did she???!!!
LOLLOL

You're a very bright man and I admire you. When you laugh at the same stuff I do it makes me feel like an equal.  You know what my favorite  Beavis & Butthead scene is!

Let's just keep it classy!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 6:52pm
I went to a local fast food place to get a sandwich and chocolate shake for my wife.

"We are cleaning the shake machine"  The lady was so gracious....I was not!

I bought the old lady (Mama) a turtle sundae at the convenience store.  I try to keep her happy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 737475
  Share Topic