Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 656667
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

So you didn't let him crawl under the house?  Yeah, just as well.  Last thing you need is more vermin trapped under the floors & making noise while you're trying to sleep...  LOL
LOL  That old fart would have even more trouble getting down there than I would.

I did try to find out if I have the right to refuse a 'walk through' by someone from the assessor's office. Kind of a mixed bag of answers. Mostly about when someone challenges the assessed value and/or the actual amount of the property tax bill.
I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:52pm
Good for you, aka ron!  Thumbs Up  Do not let the government into your home without a warrant or an appointment.  I would have told this man to make an appointment with me for a reasonable, mutually convenient time and slammed the door in his face.  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:58am
^Thumbs Up

We've been here almost 12 years, not once has the Assessor tried to contact me.  We get the annual paperwork.  Has the FEMA remediation caused the home to lose value?  You're goddamned right it has!! Angry

Tons of dry storage space, GONE!  Our storm shelter, GONE!  And I wouldn't be surprised, if something goes wrong.  There are contractors who will refuse to work in such a confined place.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:06pm
I've lost my NBC and PBS channels. I've also seen commercials telling broadcast TV users to re-scan in early July.  WTF!  The remote for the digital converter no longer works! I still have the manual for it, I'll see if there is a way to scan for new channels without the remote.  AngryConfused
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 5:29am
Replace the batteries(?), then check the on-screen menu to make sure you didn't accidently block channels...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 2:14pm
I tried 2 sets of batteries, the remote still doesn't work.  I'm taking a gamble and ordered a new remote online, only $17.  I could go to Walmart and buy a new converter with a remote for less than 30 bucks, IF they have that model in stock.  I can't handle a long walk through Walmart for nothing!

I thought about cracking open this remote and I might still, probably have to use a hack saw to get it open.

I think I still have my soldering iron, could be just a loose wire from the batteries.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:29pm
Have you tried a universal remote?

Maybe it's time you just invested in a flat screen TV that doesn't need a converter box.

JAS.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Have you tried a universal remote?

Maybe it's time you just invested in a flat screen TV that doesn't need a converter box.

JAS.
I'd still need the box for the other TV's in the house. Besides, this months budget is all f*cked up!

The second payment on property taxes...$1852.00
Plates for both vehicles.  I still need to pay the utility and Sprint bills yet this month, we only have about $800 left and it's only the 7th.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:10pm
The freaking DOT can't even get their sh*t straight, I was able to cross the bridge yesterday. HWY 21 was completely closed to westbound traffic yesterday, that's supposed to be one of the detours to get to Oshkosh.  AngryAngryAngryAngry  Be happy you don't have to deal with a cluster f*ck like this!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:16pm
When Mama was serving as unpaid babysitter to Henry, did she also have to drive over there and back?  When Henry's father gets another job and they start wanting free babysitting services again, maybe Mama should be busy having to do other things, sorry, can't go there today.  Wink  Maybe once in a while but grandparents should be able to visit their grandkiddies without babysitting them the entire day or night.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 656667
  Share Topic