Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wegmans Grocery (especially the pharmacy!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wegmans Grocery (especially the pharmacy!)
    Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:02pm

We shop in Wegmans Grocery whenever we need to stock up. Best quality of food at absolutely the best prices...but we only noticed ONE important thing the other day, when we had to get MissyDWolf's antibiotics for her eye, at their pharmacy - they were FREE.

Before posting this, it seemed best to check into their policy - and the below link comes directly from their website:

Check out the store locator on their website - there may be a Wegmans near you (they are mostly located on the eastern seaboard)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 3:48pm
I think they are mainly a NY area chain. From what I read, they only consist of 71 stores.

Certainly none in Florida.

We've got Publix ("Where Shopping is a Pleasure") & Winn Dixie ("The Beef People") down here.

Speaking of "The Beef People"....

I wonder if this is what a "Beef Person" would look like....

Seems to have the basic qualifications "covered"...... Tongue

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I think they are mainly a NY area chain. From what I read, they only consist of 71 stores...

Yea, they started in the Rochester area, but they do have stores between Virginia and New York (and the states in-between).

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:27pm
if y'all are ever in WI (or northern IL), check out Woodman's grocery store.  It's great.  MASSIVE store (like the size of a walmart superstore, but it's just a grocery store).  The liquor dept is the size of some grocery stores...  They have the best selection of asian food products that I've ever seen - stuff you don't find anywhere except the little neighborhood asian groceries..
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

if y'all are ever in WI (or northern IL), check out Woodman's grocery store.  It's great.  MASSIVE store (like the size of a walmart superstore, but it's just a grocery store).  The liquor dept is the size of some grocery stores...  They have the best selection of asian food products that I've ever seen - stuff you don't find anywhere except the little neighborhood asian groceries..

Just out of curiosity..... does having jerky lips constantly make you want to eat your own lips? I would think it would. I know if I had them I'd be chewing on them all the time.

Friend of yours? WinkTongue

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 4:02am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

We shop in Wegmans Grocery whenever we need to stock up. Best quality of food at absolutely the best prices...but we only noticed ONE important thing the other day, when we had to get MissyDWolf's antibiotics for her eye, at their pharmacy - they were FREE.

Our Central/Capital District grocery stores, Price Chopper, also have free antibiotics and free diabetic medications.  However, Price Chopper's medications should be free, as most everything else is expensive as hell.LOL  We shop sales at Price Chopper, and everything else at Aldi.

http://www2.pricechopper.com/diabetes/

My husband takes the diabetic medication Metformin, but we pay the $4 copay at Rite Aid to get it.  Everybody at Rite Aid knows us, and we're more comfortable there.

We'd LOVE to have a Wegman's.  Max lived in Ithaca before we were married, and he tells me wonderful stories of Wegman's.  Cry

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:27pm
Wegmans is FABULOUS. They have amazing bread as well, definitely the best grocery bakery I've ever seen.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:43pm
Big smileIt may possibly be one of the very bestust places on this big ol' goofy planet.
Wegman's is almost the very first place I take off for at the crack o'dawn, every payday.
I generally LOOK like sh*t.
I probably smell like sh*t.
I always buy a ton of sh*t while I'm in there.
I'm like a kid with a million bucks in his pocket, cut loose in a 'Fat Factory', doncha know...
And I can buy beer at 5 A.M. - ice-cold beer.
Is there anything that could possibly make one's life better? What's that you say? "..a good-looking hooker in Isle 13?"
Nehhh....
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:14am
Absolutely the most unique market in the US.

http://www.junglejims.com/
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 5:47pm
Whenever I go upstate, I make sure that I am able to stop into a Wegman's.  Unfortunately we don't have any in our part of New York, but we sure do love them!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 7:16pm
(OuchNOT Recommended - 'Shopping with MissyDWolf')
We dearly love our Wegmans trips...free snackies, high quality, low prices...but now we generate more attention for 'shopping for fun' and 'store entertainment'.
I think I need to start shopping alone so I can quit being the 'Judy'. Yea, pretty much has turned into "Punch & Judy Go Shopping"...
(from the other evening alone)
At $2.50 per bar, this soap is expensive - but one has about eight (8) choices of scents/styles from this maker. Every single one has a fantastic aroma, but she didn't need to make a scene as she figured out *I* needed this particular one:
While veggie shopping, the hand appeared from around the cooler with a nice, loud "...YOU need this! How many ya want, PaW?!!!" .
Really cute - had a number of folk looking at me, looking at the hand, looking at my gut....
...and finally, the 'laughing fit'.
She couldn't get over these (but I could)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic