Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WeatherTech WTF? [videos]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WeatherTech WTF? [videos]
    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:00am
What the hell is the point of these stupid commercials for mud flaps? I don't understand the ones where the "suspenseful" music plays and these douchebags in black costumes sneak around "installing" those floor mats and mud flaps? The speaking characters are always these meek, mealy-mouthed white people like the couple where you only see the dork on the phone, or the idiot in shades (and it's not sunny out) fishing with his kid. And they're always clueless about those creepy midgets crawling around their vehicle. And WHY WHY WHY are they sneaking around installing this crap anyway??? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THESE PRODUCTS? 

The one with the "finance manager" (not "Manger" like it says on iSpot) describes the ONE thing that's great about the WeatherTech floor mats: "LASER MEASURED." Big effing deal! And when the voiceover describes them as "premium," well...you know that means they're 10x as expensive as they ought to be.

They're mats (and mud flaps, and a phone holder, I know). Guess what? When you spill something, you STILL have to clean it up! I don't see how all those ridges and borders make them easy to clean.

Are people buying these things? If so, what are they smoking?

Sponsored Links

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:25pm
Mud flaps keep mud off the side of your vehicle and reduce paint damage from rock chips. Floor mats hold spilled liquids for easier cleaning than if spilled directly on the carpet which would be much harder to remove.
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

Mud flaps keep mud off the side of your vehicle and reduce paint damage from rock chips. Floor mats hold spilled liquids for easier cleaning than if spilled directly on the carpet which would be much harder to remove.

Yeah, I understand what they are. I can buy them for a fraction of the price of these "premium" ones at Walmart. I don't understand what would drive someone to buy WeatherTech ones, based on these commercials that don't explain what's better about theirs (except for "laser-measured" lol).

I'm thinking.......maybe you are one of those people who bought them?
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:26pm
For many people, the draw is they are made in the USA while the Walmart ones are mostly from China. I've never bought mud flaps and only buy original carpeted mats from the dealer myself. 
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

For many people, the draw is they are made in the USA while the Walmart ones are mostly from China. I've never bought mud flaps and only buy original carpeted mats from the dealer myself. 

If that's true (the draw), that's one of the stupidest consumer sentiments I've ever heard of. "I don't care if my car is made/assembled/designed/etc. somewhere else, but my mud flaps HAVE to be made in the good ol' USA!" Those are the people these advertisers are going after? Jeez...
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 9:25pm
Fast forward to December 2019, and this idiotic CupFone commercial is being aired dozens of times per day. The price of this product (and this applies to all their products) is an example of highway robbery: these things START at $35! And the name: it's not a CUP nor a PHONE (oops, I mean "FONE").

I think the idea of putting a phone holder inside a car's cup holder isn't a bad idea (not the best, but not bad), but why does this annoying company have to charge so much money for such minimal products?

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

why does this annoying company have to charge so much money for such minimal products?

Who else makes them? Nobody? I guess that's why. And if people are dumb enough to spend $1000 on a phone, I think the price for this isn't unreasonable. 
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic