Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wayfair.com; Happy Singing Idiots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wayfair.com; Happy Singing Idiots
    Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 5:17am
I searched and didn't see anyone pointing this video irritant out so here it is:

Yes, your life can be so much better by spending lots and lots of money for crap you can pick up in the clearance aisle at Kmart.

The only thing that makes it smile worthy is the look on the two kids' faces at :15 when they react to "mom's" singing
Sponsored Links

MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 5:36am
I knew this would get a thread eventually.  They're trying to be a frickin Disney cartoon. This commercial is soooooooooooooooooooo annoying!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 3:01pm

I decorated my house when I moved in in 2002.  It never needs to be decorated again.  Many of my decorations are my favorite big rocks and pieces of wood that I've found.  You don't "update" rocks.

I just can't get it up for all this updating stuff that such places push.  If something needs replacement, it's one thing.  But modernizing or having the latest colors is not for me.  I took great pains to make sure my house doesn't look like any era in particular.  I wanna keep it that way.  Of course, I'm single---so I don't have to feign interest in cute couch pillows and the latest window treatments and that sort of thing.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I decorated my house when I moved in in 2002.  It never needs to be decorated again.  Many of my decorations are my favorite big rocks and pieces of wood that I've found.  You don't "update" rocks.

I just can't get it up for all this updating stuff that such places push.  If something needs replacement, it's one thing.  But modernizing or having the latest colors is not for me.  I took great pains to make sure my house doesn't look like any era in particular.  I wanna keep it that way.  Of course, I'm single---so I don't have to feign interest in cute couch pillows and the latest window treatments and that sort of thing.

I have never been a slave to fashion either. In the awful commercial the first 2 women share the same "vocalist". The high pitched cartoon voice hurts my ears.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 3:46pm

My neighbor's into buying new "cute" things.  Problem is, she doesn't get rid of the old "cute" things.  Their house is packed.  It's all neat and clean and nicely arranged and all, but Jeez, there's no room left for anything else.  Even the walls are completely covered.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 4:26pm

My neighbor's into buying new "cute" things.  Problem is, she doesn't get rid of the old "cute" things.  Their house is packed.  It's all neat and clean and nicely arranged and all, but Jeez, there's no room left for anything else.  Even the walls are completely covered.

I can't stand walls that have a ton of stuff on them! Makes my skin crawl.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 4:37pm

^  They added a new wooden stand of some sort last week to hold more framed pictures, which now obscured the wall clock.  So, they moved the wall clock into a small cubbyhole next to the entertainment center, 'cuz there was no other space left to hang it.  It's barely visible, but for some reason, they just had to get that wall clock in there.  The entire stairway is lined with pictures, as is the hallway.  They must have 300-400 framed pictures in their house, on tables, shelves and walls.  Then, there're all the other sorts of decorations.  To add to it, they had to add crown molding and decorative strips of wallpaper on the walls along the ceilings.  Yikes.  The house is nice, but way too "busy-looking" for me.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 4:47pm
^ Sounds like Beloved's boss - pictures of the entire family EVERYWHERE. Good God, how much in love with yourself can you be? They have these huge compilations of pictures framed into one giant mess.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 4:52pm

Yep. A lotta that.  And pictures taken of them at some roadside attraction dressed up like the 1800s, and big framed pictures of John Wayne, and pictures with every hairdo Mom's sported since the 1950s, even pictures of their former homes.

The kitchen sports corkboards with all sorts of smaller pictures tacked into it.

Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 12:40am
Holy crap, a house full of dust magnets! All aboard the nope train to f*ckthatville.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Event Horizon View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Event Horizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 2:05am
I kinda like that song, it's catchy.

No, but really, this is a piece of garbage. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 5:24am

Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

Holy crap, a house full of dust magnets! All aboard the nope train to f*ckthatville.

LOL

I'm gonna hafta try to remember that.

A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 7:35am
The second chick has a really annoying voice.
DeathToHipsters View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathToHipsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 8:17pm
OMG, there is so much I hate about this commercial. f**k these people; I would love to see their head's on the end of a pike. Except the kids. They're cute, and they know their mother is a f**king dipsh*t consumer whore c**t.

First off there is that dumb asian bitch skipping around her house, and singing in the most annoying tone possible. Do they have "every color, and size in your mind?" No, nope, no! Your mind is full of shoveled horse sh*t from the dingbat pavilion, you dumb bitch.

And then, here comes the neurotic mom of the year, chasing her kids around the house, because god forbid they drop a blanket on the ground. I would kill myself if I had a wife like that.

Also, at 0:18 there is that pathetic fat jabba the hut pig in pink, doing the fat insecure white girl shuffle. "Too fat to dance. Must... spin... Ruffles and Jack's Link jerkey with pickles flavored ice cream!"

Finally, there is that black guy at the end, and he's doing the gangsta's don't dance no mo picnic shuffle.

This is absolutely the worst commercial on television, mainly due to its trying to appeal to the phoniest motherf**kers on the planet.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 8:24pm

LOL LOL
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 2:44am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

LOL LOL

^^ I think that's my favorite quote outta this whole thread!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 1:36am

I am glad I found this posted (by accident, was looking for another thread) before starting a new thread for it. I believe that the Wayfair song and singers deserve to be ranked very high in the listings of awful commercial music.

It took only ONE viewing/hearing of this earlier tonight to make me hate it.. detest it.. dread it: and, for a moment, I thought..

Wow. “I’m living the life of dreams” has some real competition…

But that was only for a moment.  Sorry Wayfair, you’ll have to try harder to outdo “life of dreams” as perhaps the most deeply despised and hated commercial music of the year. Or any year.

Still, this is truly awful.

TTownExPat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTownExPat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 6:26am
Both the first and second girls sound like prepubescent munchkins. Nobody told them to sing from the diaphragm? Freakish singing voices. Wow, I feel so much better!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TTownExPat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 6:30am
Not much worse than grown women singing with baby voices and acting like 12 year olds.
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by TTownExPat TTownExPat wrote:

Both the first and second girls sound like prepubescent munchkins. Nobody told them to sing from the diaphragm? Freakish singing voices. Wow, I feel so much better!

LOL

If you're a singer or vocal professor, you must really hate another trend we have heard where young women artificially make their voices gravelly because they think it sounds alluring- around here it's called "Vocal Fry" (I learned). I can't think of any threads in particular but one hears it everywhere. I call the male equivalent "Grunge Guy", another advertising ploy. CIH should have threads for both of these awful vocal examples.
The visual equivalent would be the selfie "duck-face" or "platypus-lips" (thanks Thor for that). It could go under one classification of "hipster generic"- something meant to be or sound sexy and cool, but isn't. Smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 4:25pm

^  There are a few threads here about vocal fry.  Here's one where I mentioned this new trend.  I'd just heard my morning radio talk show guys discussing it.

LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 12:34am

^  There are a few threads here about vocal fry.  Here's one where I mentioned this new trend.  I'd just heard my morning radio talk show guys discussing it.

Ah yes-- thanks Thor. I knew that Vocal Fry was mentioned elsewhere. I'll go that thread to comment since it also addresses some other similar issues that piss me off and I want to bump it. LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTownExPat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 3:56am
Yeah, vocal fry is another annoying phenomenon. They think they sound more authoritative, but they actually come across as "pretentious dumb" and vapid. Smart people quickly recognize the mismatch between demeanor and content. When I was a nanny from a working class background sunning myself at the pool waiting for my little one's swimming lesson to be done back in the 80's, I was constantly rolling my eyes at the vapid , pretentious convos I heard around me. This involved snobbery in comparing Child World to Toys R Us and Mr. Rogers to. Sesame Street. Who cares? Free Market, rich bitches!
chilliconcarne View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilliconcarne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 3:23pm
This commercial for me is a mess. I mean, this is the sort of commercial that makes me embarrassed for these actors. I mean, did they grow up thinking " I know what I'm going to be when I grow up! An actor in a commercial where I act like an idiot, and I do it poorly as well". 
People talk about "target market" "oh you don't like this because you are not the target market" - whatever, keep telling yourself that to try to deny that some commercials are just a reflection of poor creativity and people sucking at their jobs.

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 4:52am
Originally posted by A.C. Sativa A.C. Sativa wrote:

The second chick has a really annoying voice.

The first chick has the annoying voice, IMO.

I know the second "chick" - she's a colleague of mine, and I think her voice is quite wonderful. But of course this ad doesn't really show what she can do musically. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic