Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Verizon FiOS 'cable guy in verizon store' ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verizon FiOS 'cable guy in verizon store' ad
    Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 11:13pm
I ran a search and didn't find a post on this new ad.  Sorry if there is one.

It starts with the redheaded cable guy in a Verizon store.  He is awed by a television displaying FiOS TV in the store.  The Verizon employee talks to him, and the cable guy asks if anyone will know if he switches to FiOS.  As he says that, the FiOS tech (who has been in the other commercials with him) walks out from behind the TV display and says something like "hey, what are you doing here?" as if the tech works all the time at the Verizon retail store.

Here's why I don't get...it appears this Verizon store is one of the small mall stores that predominately sells Verizon cell phones.  Why would the Verizon tech be there?  Wouldn't they have their own building that they are based at (and go to before being sent to people's homes for installations)?  There's a Verizon building near my home that isn't a store (they are also the landline phone company in my area) and I'm sure the FiOS operations are based there as well as the phone operations, not at some Verizon store in the mall! LOL

Plus, wouldn't the cable guy go to a Verizon store in plain clothes and not his cable uniform to avoid being seen?  I think its funny when commercials like this make things so far from reality in regard to clothing just to show the person works for the opposition.  It'd never be like that in real life.

Secondly, don't you think that the cable guy would go to a Verizon store a short distance away from his town if he really wanted to avoid his Verizon tech friend?  But wait, his Verizon tech friend would probably show up to install it at his home...oh wait, I spoiled their next commercial that'll debut in a month. LOL
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 12:20am
I detest those stupid commercials.
I'm so tired of them. Along with  the mac/PC  ads.
Enough already! They are very silly.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 1:07am
i think the ginger has a goof ball cute quality to him - i like him better than the verizon guy
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 1:53am
me too
I like beardy red hair guys for some mysterious reason.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 12:00pm
He's like a gigantic dumb elf, with his exotic Chinese food (kung pao chicken/delicacy).
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic