Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USPS: Bad singing of a botched 12 days of Xmas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USPS: Bad singing of a botched 12 days of Xmas
    Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 7:05pm
Greeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat, just when you thought, Christmas music couldn't get any worse, USPS does a bad rendition of 12 days of Christmas! IT IS HORRIBLE, I HATE OFFKEY SINGING! It doesn't make any sense and it is stupid! I'll see if I can find a video of this abomination!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 7:35pm
I found the ad....yes very bad. It was not on youtube so I'm not sure how to move the video over here.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 7:43pm
I barely remember the lyrics, one was "And one giant blow up snowman that kinda creeps me out" and another was "four lightning bolts" I think it's supposed to represent what they face when they deliver packages. However it's all over the place, so you lose the meaning.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 9:02pm

It's a horrible song to begin with...only surpassed in awfulness by 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.  Both relentless and repetitive.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 10:16pm
Okay, they showed this POS at least three ing times. Enough already!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 3:32am
I wouldn't expect anything less from our government. What a waste of tax dollars or China's money for this sh*t? It's like reviving a person who's been dead for six months. The USPS bleeds money. And this commercial sucks. If I was doing the commercial I have them going postal.
I approve this message.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 6:00am
I heard this ad on the radio and I wanted to tear my hair out. Oh MAN, that was horrible!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 2:30pm
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 12:54am
Ugggggghh !!! I really wish commercials would stop trying to be funny or witty. Nothing is more painful for an audience to sit through than something that tries way too hard to be funny and fails. Bad singing is not, never was, and never will be funny. Hopefully these people all find a great big lump of reindeer dookie in their stockings.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 3:50am
I thought this ad was kind of silly. It aired on the radio as well. Believe they mentioned "five fruitcakes" that weigh about 70 pounds - what the heck?   
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 4:14am
The one I hate the most is "five boxes addressed by toddlers, that's a quuuuuuuuuuuuuue" WTF? This takes the commercial from plain unbearable to sh*tastic!y craptacular!

Ugh!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 6:11am
I don't even understand half of what they're singing about.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Zipity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 7:04am
I don't think it's a bad commercial.   Better than the Pennsylvania lottery ones.  
And for the record, the USPS gets VERY little taxpayer money, and it certainly isn't used for their advertising.  :)
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 1:39am
Now that it's the new year, the tone-deaf mail carriers are singing "Auld Lang Returns." A-derp-dee-derrrrrrr Ermm

Is this going to be like "Party City," where they do a new irritating ad for every holiday? *shudder* This reminds me of that stupid Burger King breakfast campaign a few years back with the singing and marching morons. Thanx a lot, USPS, for bringing back those horrific memories. Angry

Ryback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 8:51pm
I guess the USPS forgot the term "going postal" referred to disgruntled postal workers who get angry.

So I don't think it was a good idea to show a commercial with postal workers singing about things that make them go crazy.
Chillinpat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 9:33pm
USPS must have known I was looking at this thread, as soon as I clicked on it, low and behold the commercial came on. 

First time I heard this new version, I had this "WTF" look on my face.  Hit mute instantly this time, it was on right before the Packers and Niners playoff game. 

Easy-Peasy?  Give me a break.  Such craptastic lyrics.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Is this going to be like "Party City," where they do a new irritating ad for every holiday? 

God I hope not. Luckily I haven't seen this new one airing here yet.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic