Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Department of Health

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Department of Health
    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:05pm
I've been seeing these ads, let's all just celebrate and start swapping spit because of the new 2 vaccines!

I've managed to stay safe through all of this,  I'm not sure I even want the vaccine!

Sponsored Links

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:04pm
I got really sick for three weeks with covid 

i got my first shot already 

next one coming up in a few weeks 

it sucked really bad 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:18pm
Wow. Glad you got over it.

My second shot is next Friday, 7:24am. Really, that's the exact time I'm scheduled.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:24pm
I got mine (Pfizer) a week ago today.

Get my 2nd on the 23rd.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 10:00am
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
Oh look!  They didn't invite Trumpy Bear!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 4:34pm
I get my shot on Thursday at 8:25!  What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:23pm
Already got both of my vaccines, an I got my second nearly 3 weeks ago, so I'm starting to get back to normal.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:03pm
I see there is some concern about the J & J vaccine. Blood clots?  That's just the kind of thing that can kill me.

I scheduled my first shot for Thursday morning, the Moderna vaccine.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:05pm
I'm getting my second shot in 10 days on the 23rd.

They're saying that it might become an annual thing.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:14pm
I got the Moderna one 

arm hurt and was sluggish for a day 

i dont understand why folks are concerned about this 

I mean we eat junk food, smoke and drink, take drugs of all kinds 

ive already gotten vaccinated for all kinds of things 

why would I care ?

we are the music makers
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 2:52am
Just got my second Moderna today.
As for the blood clot issue, you have to take it in perspective. We're talking about 6 (SIX) bad cases out of over 6,000,000 vaccinations. Literally, ONE in a MILLION chance of problems. Your odds of hitting the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292,201,338. How many of the naysayers pay the lottery without thinking about it?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 3:07am
I had the Moderna, I posted a few weeks back about how I was stuck in bed for most of the day with a fever and chills.

I think every seasonal flu vaccine will now have the Covid vaccine as well, just like it's been with the Spanish Flu for over 100 years.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 4:58am
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

I got the Moderna one 

arm hurt and was sluggish for a day 

i dont understand why folks are concerned about this 

I mean we eat junk food, smoke and drink, take drugs of all kinds 

ive already gotten vaccinated for all kinds of things 

why would I care ?

That's mostly a right-wing, fundie goofball thing.

C'mon, man!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:54pm
That's mostly a right-wing, fundie goofball thing.

Yeah I guess so 

there are flat earthers too

and fat birthers !
we are the music makers
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 11:55pm
Is it just me, or has the whole messaging about vaccinations been so bad from our leaders and health experts?
(BTW I am NOT eligible yet for the vax. I believe it will be a week or two before all 16+ can get it.)
They (meaning people like Fauci) promised normalcy as we got X number of people vaccinated. Most Americans thought that once we got a vaccine, we could return to normal. 
Now we hear him say "your kids should be masked up on the playground" and "don't even think about going inside a restaurant even if you're fully vaccinated".

These attitudes need to be scrapped altogether if our goal is to get the economy back to normal, the masks off our faces, and life looking like summer of 2019 again. Because it won't be just far-right-wingers protesting if this continues well into summer. If we keep seeing events and fairs canceled in August or September, how can the general public NOT be complaining, knowing most of the country will be vaxxed? And that's what brings anti-vax thinking to a lot of people. 
Instead, these people should ask Americans how their lives were in 2019, when life was still normal. What did they do that summer? What places did their families travel to? Theme parks? Yellowstone? The Outer Banks? And then promise Americans "When you get the vaccine, your life will rapidly become normal again."
Oh, and normal = no masks. Smiles a plenty everywhere you go - yard sales, state fairs, that seafood restaurant you've wanted to hit on the beach, etc. Maybe masks for a little longer in doctor's offices and hospitals.

Rant over.
P.S. Most of the variants they are screaming about can be prevented with at least the Moderna vaccine...I've never been concerned about those. (I was a grocery worker for eight months of this. I was exposed to probably 25K+ unique people. I'd love to find out if I already have the antibodies. I exercise about 18 miles a week and take a Centrum every day, which has 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 in it. My weight, like a lot of us, went up big time during the pandemic. I reached 200 lbs for the first time ever. Now down to 193 1/2 and dropping weekly as the weather gets nicer and the ridge hikes become snow-free.)
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:11am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Is it just me, or has the whole messaging about vaccinations been so bad from our leaders and health experts?
(BTW I am NOT eligible yet for the vax. I believe it will be a week or two before all 16+ can get it.)
They (meaning people like Fauci) promised normalcy as we got X number of people vaccinated. Most Americans thought that once we got a vaccine, we could return to normal. 
Now we hear him say "your kids should be masked up on the playground" and "don't even think about going inside a restaurant even if you're fully vaccinated".

These attitudes need to be scrapped altogether if our goal is to get the economy back to normal, the masks off our faces, and life looking like summer of 2019 again. Because it won't be just far-right-wingers protesting if this continues well into summer. If we keep seeing events and fairs canceled in August or September, how can the general public NOT be complaining, knowing most of the country will be vaxxed? And that's what brings anti-vax thinking to a lot of people. 
Instead, these people should ask Americans how their lives were in 2019, when life was still normal. What did they do that summer? What places did their families travel to? Theme parks? Yellowstone? The Outer Banks? And then promise Americans "When you get the vaccine, your life will rapidly become normal again."
Oh, and normal = no masks. Smiles a plenty everywhere you go - yard sales, state fairs, that seafood restaurant you've wanted to hit on the beach, etc. Maybe masks for a little longer in doctor's offices and hospitals.

Rant over.
P.S. Most of the variants they are screaming about can be prevented with at least the Moderna vaccine...I've never been concerned about those. (I was a grocery worker for eight months of this. I was exposed to probably 25K+ unique people. I'd love to find out if I already have the antibodies. I exercise about 18 miles a week and take a Centrum every day, which has 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 in it. My weight, like a lot of us, went up big time during the pandemic. I reached 200 lbs for the first time ever. Now down to 193 1/2 and dropping weekly as the weather gets nicer and the ridge hikes become snow-free.)

Very well said Crainbebo. It's almost as if they don't WANT the economy back to normal?!? Confused The "leadership" by Fauci since the beginning has been absolutely horrible. He has outright lied, flip-flopped, promised things, predicted things that never happened. He is an absolute f#*k-up when it comes to leading the American citizens and helping us through this with honesty and concern. Yet, he is still there?!?!? I don't believe a G-d damn thing that comes out of his mouth anymore. He is a hypocrite and a liar.

Like Crainbebo said, we were all led to believe that if we get the vax, things can finally go back to normal, and that seems to have been another lie. Of course, that was after they first promised if we just stayed home for a month, we could all go back to normal. And then, all we had to do was wear masks for a few months and then things could go back to normal. Who believes these clowns anymore? Seriously?!? Whether you think the vax is good or bad, you can't ignore that Fauci and his regime has utterly and completely dropped the ball on handling all this properly. Therefore, why would I listen to a damn thing he says? (I don't!Wink) Honestly, at this point, if Fauci recommends a certain thing, I will most likely do the opposite.

This country has lost so much because of knee jerk reactions and false predictions and poor leadership (both by Fauci and some power hungry governors and mayors). Our small businesses and our overall economy and people's sanity has been sacrificed so (mostly) elderly people with who already have underlying health conditions can live a little longer? In this case, the "cure" is worse than the ill. My mom is in her upper 70's, and both she and I agree that we would rather her take the chance of getting covid and dying than to see the devastation caused by the "prevention" protocols that have been put in place.

One more thing I will leave here. I don't think many people are aware of this, but the "death count" of people "killed" by covid is very misleading. I know last year when the covid "crisis" was happening, if a person died, and was tested positive for covid, they were labeled a "covid death". That's it. They didn't have to check and or prove that having covid actually killed them. And that's not to mention that the guy who invented that covid test they were using has come out and stated that his test was not meant to be used in that manner. There are SO MANY questions surrounding the legitimacy of the "NUMBERS" that I just shut off my tv and guess what? The "pandemic" disappeared! Now don't get me wrong, I am very sympathetic to anyone who has died from this or has had family die from this. What I am saying is that the "numbers" we have been told should be taken at the very least with a big grain of salt. Like I have said from the beginning, if we were in the middle of a deadly pandemic (as the mainstream news would have you believe), you would know it!! You wouldn't need the tv news to tell you that. You could walk down your street and see sick or dying people. Is covid real? Sure! Is it the deadly killing machine that the MSN wants you to believe? I don't think so. I think this has all been way overblown and it has and will continue to cost us as a nation dearly.

You may call me a right wing nut if you want, but if you have read any of my previous posts, you will know that I am an independent. I simply try to use common sense and critical thinking and look for the real truth. And, NO, I won't be getting the wonderful vaccine that our leader Fauci recommends.
There is no such thing as an independent woman.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:14am
Oh, one more thought. When fauci and his cronies came out supporting (or at least not condemning) all the blm riots last year while we were supposedly in the middle of a deadly killer pandemic? That was the last straw. I knew he was absolutely full of sh*t and didn't care about us citizens.
There is no such thing as an independent woman.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Rant over.

Fauci says that if we can get 75% of people fully vaccinated, we will develop herd immunity. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic