Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV to count by

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV to count by
    Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 9:19pm

I was flipping the channels the other day trying to find a good old reality show. Which according to Adam is not real anymore anyhow. In some cases they are even scripted. I settled on COPS, that could have some script, but it has “some” reality to it. I was happy.

While flipping the channels I had watched a little of the national news and got to thinking. Being the first real “TV Generation” I discovered it had taught me how to count. My premise is below for the world to see.

If  you have 1 of anything then you “have 1.” But if have 2 of something then you “Have a few.” It is the same with 3,4, and 5 but the “few” is getting stronger. Then you reach 6 and you clearly are sitting on “Half-a-dozen.” 7,8, and 9 are kind of on their own but they could be “Many” or “a lot.” 10 is easily “many” but it could be a “whole” 10 . 11 claims the “Almost a dozen” label. When you have 12 of anything you do not have a dozen. You have a “FULL DOZEN.” 13 is a Bakers dozen” and is almost like you have stolen a few extra things.  14 and15 and up are  ”many” or “extreme.” Then you get into “groups” or “herds.”  If you’re not sure of the exact count it can be a “flock” Don’t forget “gaggle” when geese are involved.

So you see the news does serve a purpose. They help teach your kids to count. I go now to bed. I hope it'd not bug infested. (Infested= more than 1 lees then ?)

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 10:19pm
The reason for this thread was....Counting!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:17am
A 'baker's dozen' is 13, not 14.  Owlboy needs to watch Sesame Street instead of the news...
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 7:28pm
thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic