Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trivago Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Go find that quote, Ron because it doesn't exist. I never said I was Calvin.
 You may not have said it, but you can't fool us, weedhopper.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi. I'm semi new here!
Sponsored Links

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 10:17pm
I am not Calvin! Stop saying that!

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 9:33pm
I just saw the latest Trivago atrocity for the second time. His "girlfriend" kicked him out after she searched his browser history. Thank God whatever hotel he searched out has WI-FI!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:26pm
and...just like THAT..hes GONE...the obnoxious half shaved belt free imbecile must have asked for more $
cuz...

ALL HAIL TRIVAGO GAL!!!!

shes SUCH a relief..its the same damn ads, but so much more palatable and watchable
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:27pm
this makes me think MAYBE the ad tards actually LOOK at the site
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 2:12am
if you want to sell your product as a futuristic and high-tech app that can search multiples sites at once and target it to internet-booking travellers then perhaps you should use a spokesperson who looks modern and web-savvy instead of a rumpled 45 yr old schlep who probably still uses a flip phone.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 3:53am
Trivago Guy (Finally) Takes A Shower!

The way he says "pillows," talking with his mouth full, stealing the shampoo, forgetting to shave.  Creepier than ever!  Dead
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 3:51pm
my guess is Trivagodicks contract came up for reappraisal, and he pulled an ego-fueled-'i built yer BRAND' pitch to get paid more,, and they said, 'hit the road...bum...your generation LOST the war' and got this new hottie with the cosmopolitan brit accent and ..really easy on the eyes and a total leap forward
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:31pm
Saw her this morning, for a sprit second I thought that was Kate Beckinsale.
The creators of these ads did something right though, there's no loud dub step BS offensive music and no one is screaming at you.

These are not instant "grab your remote and hit mute" ads...to me that's ok.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 3:10pm
and yet...Trivagobum does occasionally crop back up again amid older ads..can they REALLY be unsure of this new wenchs appeal? READ THIS site, you morons!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

if you want to sell your product as a futuristic and high-tech app that can search multiples sites at once and target it to internet-booking travellers then perhaps you should use a spokesperson who looks modern and web-savvy instead of a rumpled 45 yr old schlep who probably still uses a flip phone.

They're probably going for the well-off traveler type. so they may want someone like him rather than someone younger and hipper. 

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 12:28am
Last night on my NBC station Trivago Guy was back at it.  Unhappy  He was lounging in his chair watching himself on the telly, or Fernsehe as they say in Deutschland, where our favorite travel bum hangs his hat.  After that I was screaming NO! NOT YOU! so I don't know what he was saying.

I saw a couple of videos on YouTube with him being interviewed.  One of them Explains It All as to why and how he got chosen to be the Trivago Guy, another is him being interviewed by some American radio talk show.  He is skeezy and full of himself, checking it all in with fake humility, IMHO.  He's on a German soap opera and cut a record because he thinks he's a musician.  Apparently he's straight, as he said he fell in love with his girlfriend (his words, not mine) and they took off for Germany, where they broke up a year later.  I know, TMI.  Dead
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 1:02am
with any luck, new trivago gal will test with immense success and Deutschland can have that jackass back for KEEPS
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:09pm
The new Trivago girl?  I love her. That accent? I bet she knows how to mix it up in the 'hotel' room. Evil Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:51pm
She is a hottie, no doubt.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:06am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The new Trivago girl?  I love her. That accent? I bet she knows how to mix it up in the 'hotel' room. Evil Smile

Her accent is Australian. She is definitely a hottie!
One man gathers what another man spills
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:44am
I actually saw what APPEARED to be a new Trivago GUY ad on Survivor finale tonight..what? are they WAFFLING? he cannot possibly have FANS
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:57pm
I cant believe it took me this long to flash on this..

DOOSHEBAGO GUY
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

I actually saw what APPEARED to be a new Trivago GUY ad on Survivor finale tonight..what? are they WAFFLING? he cannot possibly have FANS

Yeah, I saw a new one with him too. I dunno if they're just alternating now, or if the cute Aussie was just a test run, or what.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wk29/trivago-ideal-hotel-for-the-best-rate - https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wk29/trivago-ideal-hotel-for-the-best-rate

Ok, that actually made me laugh a little.....Smile
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
NeilHamburgerFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilHamburgerFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:41am
OP here, 100,000 views later. Got a chuckle when they skewered the Trivago guy on "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt".

Lillian: "I'm waiting for the Trivago guy to come on. He looks like he smokes."

Titus: "He looks like he's married but he'll do it with anyone to hurt her."

Good for him he's still got the gig! Now maybe he can afford an iron and a razor.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:01am
Actually, I think they have slowly and carefully 'style-crafted' him all along. I think the weird clothes are gone and we have a kinder, gentler unshaven 'Uncle Trivago', now. 
I still wouldn't trust him watching the children alone, though - he knows far too many hotels and how to find the one "perfect for him", not to speak of a lot of European contacts...next time you see your beloved little Erika, she'll be 20 years older, wearing red fishnet stockings, have 7 kids, and be speaking...well - here she is:
...she can probably help you learn how to use Trivago.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:57am
Trivago guy, Flo, Toyota Jan, and Chevy "Putz" plus"Badda Book Badda Boom" actors are all way past their sell by dates. I guess the drug addled AdTards don't notice and neither do the similarly impaired marketing executives!!! I thought the modern trend was totally incomprehensible who knows what they are selling ads. With totally incomprehensible C-rap!   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
NeilHamburgerFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilHamburgerFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:53am
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/us/trivago-actor-arrest-trnd/index.html

Of course he got popped for DUI (what was he doing in Houston?!)

CNN crack reporting: "He shot to fame as the rough-and-tumble pitchman for "Trivago."
In later ads, he came across as more polished -- his hair nicely tousled and a fashionable touch of facial stubble."
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 10:10am
^Hah!!  This is great!  I hate that idiot!  He should know...Always book a room that has a bar and restaurant on site!

(CNN)Timothy Williams, best known as the pitchman for travel site "Trivago," was arrested this week after Houston police say they found him passed out behind the wheel of a car in a moving lane of traffic.

"He was passed out with his foot on the brake in a moving lane of traffic," said Houston Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva. Police got the call Wednesday afternoon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic