Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slightly Off-Topic. Outdated Magazine Ads.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slightly Off-Topic. Outdated Magazine Ads.
    Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 3:02pm
I was flipping through a magazine a few years ago, about 2006, and there was a Clean and Clear commercial where a 17 year old Hilary Swank look alike named Julie wrote to Clean And Clear to thank them for clearing her Acne-ridden face. Nothing wrong with that, except that in 2011, I flipped through another magazine only to find the exact same magazine ad! :S Julie should be a 22 year old adult now, not still a 17 year old teenager! If that's not an outdated magazine ad, I don't know what is. :S 
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 3:23pm
There's a commercial presently being aired (having something to do with the crooked head foundation or something), featuring their late spokeswoman, Dixie Carter. 

Also, I recall that, well after the death of Jim Varney ("Ernest Goes to Various Things"), his commercials endorsing a local car dealership continued to be aired.

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 4:45pm
And I remember ads featuring Billy Mays airing for several weeks after his death.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 9:33pm
Yeah, it's weird when outdated commercials are still being aired....:S
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic