Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SuperModelquin Super Search

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SuperModelquin Super Search
    Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 7:56pm

I saw this one a couple of weeks ago and now am bugged by it enough to post about it here.

[video below since I jumped the gun and didn't look at the instructions for YT videos before posting. Embarrassed]

The woman's fake sounding giggle, the look on her face when told she "rocked on her mannequin stand" and the (also fake-sounding) crying she does when told she has to "hand in her stand" makes this an addition to my "2010 Commercials I Hate" list.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 8:00pm

I hate this commercial as well who in their right mind would approve this commercial is beyond me.

I want to take the creator and dunk him in a pool of sharks.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 12:06am

Whoever came up with this Supermodelquin idea should install a barbed wire fence without gloves and wash his hands in pickle juice.

ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 1:40am
I was kind of happy because I hadn't seen any Old Navy mannequin ads since Christmas. And then this showed up on my set. Do they think this is really soooo much wittier and clever than actually using a live, moving actor?  Dead
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 2:33am
Originally posted by ShinyGreenApple ShinyGreenApple wrote:

I was kind of happy because I hadn't seen any Old Navy mannequin ads since Christmas. And then this showed up on my set. Do they think this is really soooo much wittier and clever than actually using a live, moving actor?  Dead

This is insulting to me, they think we're infants and going to laugh at anything odd or unusual, WERE ADULTS STOP THINKING WE'RE KIDS YOU f**kS.

skullface2112 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skullface2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 3:42am
I knew it, they want to turn us into them! And they want to insult our intelligence all the while!

Pity though, I love Old Navy. Why must every brand I adore have crappy ads?
"Never doubt the power of stupidity in numbers." Why do you think there's so many crappy commercials out there?
msmur View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 4:33am
I still cannot figure out this ad. Maybe I am overthinking the whole thing. I just do not understand what it means when they say she rocked on her stand? It is so dumb!!!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by msmur msmur wrote:

I still cannot figure out this ad. Maybe I am overthinking the whole thing. I just do not understand what it means when they say she rocked on her stand? It is so dumb!!!

I do not understand either, I'm puzzled as well, WTF are they aiming for in this series? lameness? suckitude? sh*tstastiqueness? WHAT?

I want to take the creator of this ad series and put him in a tank full of mannequins along with some sharks.  Angry
msmur View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 10:14pm
Worst commercial idea, ever!! Though, IMHO, Old Navy has a long tradition of terrible commercials! Love the clothes, hate the ads!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic