Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GEICO: Taking the hint and sinking lower (VIDEO)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GEICO: Taking the hint and sinking lower (VIDEO)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GEICO: Taking the hint and sinking lower (VIDEO)
    Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 2:14am
Right. Squish the worm and go for the gusto...

Please lock these two in the 'Worm's Room', dammit!

...and then lower your standards to the following (I coulda sworn someone had birned Charlie's fiddle!):

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 2:47am
Just to piss off the Tizzer a bit...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 12:22am
they just played that piece o'crap again.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 2:14am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOL that's the best one of all!LOL The rest stink like a crotch sandwich.

"Rabbits"
"Wabbits"
"RRRRrabbits"
"Wabbits"
"RRRRRRRabbits"
"Wabbits"LOL

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I have'nt seen this one,but I saw the one with the Waltons.

LOL that's the nbest one of all!LOL The rest stink like a crotch sandwich.

"Rabbits"
"Wabbits"
"RRRRrabbits"
"Wabbits"
"RRRRRRRabbits"
"Wabbits"LOL

Julie
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 12:21am
DeadCryOH F*K'NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!
Yea, they did.
They have abused one of the shows I have despised since its first airing...and made it their own.
THIS may be simply the very worst commercial ever made.
"Goodnight Grampy..." 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 12:28am

DeadCryOH F*K'NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!
Yea, they did.
They have abused one of the shows I have despised since its first airing...and made it their own.
THIS may be simply the very worst commercial ever made.
"Goodnight, NathanBoy..."Wink I'm WAITING for an official blast on this one... 
Well,I liked the Waltons.I just hated this commercial!
Julie
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 6:23pm
I kind of like the Elmer Fudd one. Haven't seen the Waltons ad yet. Think of  the money GEICO spends for all these different commercials, they must be The King of advertising spending $$$.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I kind of like the Elmer Fudd one. Haven't seen the Waltons ad yet. Think of  the money GEICO spends for all these different commercials, they must be The King of advertising spending $$$.
Yeah,they must be.
Julie
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 10:05pm
yeah, most of their budget must go towards ads because they have about 50 different commercials

Perhaps their opponents should point this out.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 11:59pm
Geico is the root of all evil.  Those fkinbasterds plan to brainwash all of us who only wish to enjoy a program.  I beleave that geico started my hatred for  anything ad related.  Its annoying enough paying good money for insurance when we never have a claim anyway.   We don't owe any money on anything .  Just to protect my ass ettes
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 6:59pm
They got the damn Cavemen back again!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 7:35pm
ConfusedHoly Cow! GEICO actually is distributing the "Boss's Ringtone" right from their front page - I'm in a state of shock and confusion (the damned thing is 'growing' on me).

Boss's RingtoneBosss%20ringtone

You've seen the commercial, now you can have the "worst" ringtone.  Envious of the Gecko's boss?  Now you can have his ringtone – a snappy sounding ringity-ding-ding-dingy-dong on your phone.  Download the ringtone below.  Scroll down for instructions or to share with a friend.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Someone please kill those friggin cavemenDead
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Someone please kill those friggin cavemenDead

Yes but this time they avoid showing his face, the commercial starts out like an iPhone ad (A closeup of the hand doing things with the iphone)except it's for the Geico App it goes along fine until the line "so easy a cave man can do it" is uttered then the camera pulls back the caveman says "Okay really? You've got to be kidding me" he let's go of the iPhone and starts storming out showing the iPhone is hanging to a metal rod in front of a green screen and then the camera pulls out to reveal the background showing the caveman walking away from the camera.
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 6:38pm
I've stated i like the elmer fudd one.
bgrl613 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgrl613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 7:46pm
Grampa Walton sounds drunk off his ass. lol 
Today's TV commercials are one of the reasons people love DVR so much...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 5:59am
Originally posted by Angry Lil Fat Man Angry Lil Fat Man wrote:

I've stated i like the elmer fudd one.
I like the Elmer Fudd one,too.I also like the cavemen ones,but,I did'nt care for the Walton's one or the Charlie Daniel's one.
Julie
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 8:59am
Talking to a lizard is creepy enough. Talking to a lizard in a sh*tter is beyond the sense of reason.

No man talks to anyone except in a dire emergency in the sh*t house. The ONLY time I ever have was when we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and I was having issues stemming from my White Castle binge earlier in the day so I race to the crapper, only to find that of the two- the only one that didn't require severe cleaning was the handi stall. Of course, no sooner do I sit down then I see wheels rolling up. As I exited, I commented that I was sorry he had to wait- and that maybe if they'd clean once in a while I wouldn't have been occupying "his" stall. The dude did laugh, so it was good in the end- but precarious for a minute.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 10:50pm
Talking to a lizard is creepy enough. Talking to a lizard in a sh*tter is beyond the sense of reason.
And talking to hairy cavemen in the 21st century isn't creepy? They talk, dress and have perfect smiles like ordinary people but just can't grab that concept about shaving.Wink
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 10:54pm
I'm not big on the Caveman i'd like to see more of the Gecko sans the CEO? i liked when he talked about free pie... 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:00am
For some reason, it ALWAYS sounds like the jerk is saying 'Johnny' Daniels, rather than CHARLIE Daniels...irks me to NO end - wish they'd clear that up.
Unlucky Wren View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unlucky Wren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:48am

I like the one about the Waltons just because it's so true. I remember having to watch the show with my dad and thinking that they took foreeeever and if my family did that, I'd disown them.

I HATE the Charlie Daniels one though. It's probably because I'm a violinist, and seeing the state of his bow and all the broken bowhair? That's horrible. It hurts me.

Also, I will never ever be that good, ever.
Wait, what?
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Unlucky Wren Unlucky Wren wrote:

I HATE the Charlie Daniels one though. It's probably because I'm a violinist, and seeing the state of his bow and all the broken bowhair? That's horrible. It hurts me.

Also, I will never ever be that good, ever.

Like you, I am also a violinist. However neither of us are "fiddlers". LOL

I wish I could- it takes a real intensity.

If I went through a set of bow hair more than once every couple of years while I was in school I would have caught an earful.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 6:31pm
The Charlie Daniels one is pretty catchy plus I laugh when he says "that's how you do it, son", but very loud so I could see how people wouldn't handle it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic