Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TGI Fridays: Guy Fieri

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skins21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TGI Fridays: Guy Fieri
    Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:08pm
I've got a beef (no pun intended) with Guy Fieri and his hocking of TGI Fridays food as if it was 5 star quality...The guy has multiple shows on Food Network geared towards GREAT food...Yet, here he is giving the impression that Friday's food is a gourmet meal...It's FROZEN items!!!  Talk about destroying your credibility....

I guarantee you you'd never see Emeril or Gordon Ramsay hocking this restaurant crap.....
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 10:23pm
Well, one of Guy's shows is "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" - I guess this is the "Dives" part.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 7:51pm
I had a portobello mushroom burger there that was fantastic.  But, I get what you mean...
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 8:23pm
The only time I ate at Friday's, I got a massive MSG headache.

Granted, that was some years back, but it was after MSG was acknowledged to be a bad thing, and the sheer amount of it used left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended).
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 10:08pm
We quit going to 'TGIF' when we grew up.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 3:52am
What gets me with these ads is that he says "you should get the [insert whatever menu item he said here].  I'm getting the [insert other menu item]."  Screw you.  Don't tell me what I should order.  I want potato skins and the chicken fingers basket and that's what I'm getting!  Big%20smile
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:47am
I've eaten at TGI Friday's only a couple times--and believe me, the food there is no better than at IHOP, Chili's, Texas Roadhouse, Denny's, Ponderosa or a zillion other places that are considered a notch above fast food. 
sickntired View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickntired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:32am
That guy is hot!!!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:42pm
Emeril is all about marketing, if the price is right he'd do it. In the chef world Emeril is known for cooking very little and talking a lot.
His skills exist, but he is nothing to celebrate.
Batali, Morimoto, Keller. Those are working chefs.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:46am
That guy seems like a real flamer.
"Hey I'm talkin' here" Yeah and nobody gives a sh*t what you're sayin' you pretentious cock sucker.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 7:15pm
Okay, this Sammy Hagar look-alike has been in several TGI Friday's commercials for their "right portion, right price" menu.  These commercials are annoying in general, but two of them are commercials I hate. 

The first I hate is one of the first in this series of ads, in which Fieri says something like "I'm getting the [insert menu item], you should get the [insert other menu item]".  First of all, screw you for telling me what I should order.  If you think something is particularly good here, then just say "their chicken tender salad is really good" or something.  Secondly, if what you are telling me I should eat is so good, why aren't you ordering the same thing?

The second ad that pisses me off is when a guy is on a date and when the girl goes to the restroom, Guy Fieri goes and sits across from the guy and tells him "Hey pal, date's going great" and then proceeds to recommend what to order again.  I'm confused by this commercial.  Does Guy Fieri even know this guy?  Were they sitting at the same table?  Fieri acts like he was sitting at another table.  If he is sitting at another table, why is he listening to their conversation?
smokefilledlungs View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 7:16pm
I just hate Guy Fieri.
He's a big pussy.
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Jnmcda0 Jnmcda0 wrote:

Does Guy Fieri even know this guy?  Were they sitting at the same table?  Fieri acts like he was sitting at another table.  If he is sitting at another table, why is he listening to their conversation?

It kinda seems like he was standing right next to the table, waiting for the chick to get up. She probably went to call the police because some strange no-name (celebrity?) is being creepy.

Plus, I'm gonna order what I want to order. I'm not going to try and order something I don't want to impress him/some chick. This commercial just reminds me of everything annoying about the dating scene.
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 7:25pm
Heh, looked this douche up on google, look at his page:
http://www.guyfieri.com/the_man.html

I mean, just look at the URL. The tone of it all just annoys the crap out of me. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy that I had no idea who the bleep he was and thought he was a douche just from his 10 seconds in a commercial. Guess he's an easy read.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Jnmcda0 Jnmcda0 wrote:

...The second ad that pisses me off is when a guy is on a date and when the girl goes to the restroom, Guy Fieri goes and sits across from the guy and tells him "Hey pal, date's going great" and then proceeds to recommend what to order again.  I'm confused by this commercial.  Does Guy Fieri even know this guy?  Were they sitting at the same table?  Fieri acts like he was sitting at another table.  If he is sitting at another table, why is he listening to their conversation?

NO KIDDING!

One would think the 'date' might be more concerned about GF moving in on her date, as soon as she steps away (and turns around to giver her beau a wink - then sees THAT)...

I'm waiting for ther version where the date comes back and B-slaps Guy F, for 'stepping in'...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
smokefilledlungs View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by shebazz shebazz wrote:

I mean, just look at the URL. The tone of it all just annoys the crap out of me. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy that I had no idea who the bleep he was and thought he was a douche just from his 10 seconds in a commercial. Guess he's an easy read.

He looks like a fat woman in the one picture.
I have never found fat men attractive, nor have I found blonde guys attractive, ESPECIALLY bleached blonde. You're not J Simp.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 12:15am
I never watch the Food Network, so I missed Fieri's 'startdom' on that channel. He's from Sonoma County, CA, where he owned two popular restaurants-'Johnny Garlic's' and something else with an equally stupid name. Something about the 'Johnny Something or other'-style name just puts me off wanting to try the place!
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 4:21am
Originally posted by shebazz shebazz wrote:

Wow, that's so funny, because when I saw the title of this post, I didn't recognize the guy's name, but I saw "TGI Fridays" and said in my head, "oh, the commercial with that douche bag"  Guess he IS an easy read!
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 7:29pm
I can't stand him because of his SCREAMING!  He is like Billy Mays as a chef.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 8:35pm
I do enjoy his show, "Drive-ins, Diners, Dives". 

I've been to a few places he's profiled.  One in particular...Leonard's in Memphis was gooood!.

Don't care for the Food Channel otherwise.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I do enjoy his show, "Drive-ins, Diners, Dives"... 
 Yea, o.k., Hooty - but I could still see a girl getting pissed off because he sneaks in to pick up her guy while she goes to the bathroom....
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 9:14pm
I call him hedgehog boy.  His hair is ridiculous looking and I want to slap the sunglasses off of the back of his head.  Other than that I like his shows, I am suprised he is not as big as a house as much as he eats in some of those restaurants.  Never watch the show when you are hungry though, bad news.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by msdeli msdeli wrote:

I call him hedgehog boy...
LOLLOLLOLI LOVE IT! 
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 10:23pm
Pa,

Didn't you do a stint in Memphis?  Ever been to Leonard's?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Pa,

Didn't you do a stint in Memphis?  Ever been to Leonard's?
Hooty - You ARE talking about Leonard's BBQ, of course, right???!!!! YOU BET!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic