Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back to School 2019 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to School 2019 Season
    Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:09am
As *I* see it, 'Back to School' will always be just that and no matter how or what we do, it will always be about as exciting as catching the flu. And no matter what we do, the bullies, jocks, social climbers, 'haves' and 'have nots' will *always* be there, no matter where you are or how you grow up. As long as we can keep our kids bound with morals, scruples, and values, along with keeping them INTERESTED and NOT 'overly self-conscious' in school, they'll be fine. But buying your son a 'Hello Kitty' backpack? No, no, no - that's just begging for trouble, doncha know...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:32pm
Hah... get a load of THIS junk from Amazon. "3! ... 2! ... 1! ... HAPPY SCHOOL YEAR!" ConfusedConfusedConfused

Really? ... REALLY? ... REALLY???

I can tell you... that when I was young... back in the dark ages... you could not force me at GUNPOINT to count down the seconds to go back to STINKING SCHOOL! OKAY? Thumbs Down

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 1:22am
The Gap ad I just saw is just flat out annoying! Starts off with Axl singing, then it just goes downhill real fast! 
Thanks kids (The Gap) for f'ing this up! Angry

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 4:27am
"Why these kids love paying high prices for being walking billboards for a company is beyond me."
this is known as rebellious conformity--tattoos, sports wear, emd,...these are all forms of it
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:41am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

[QUOTE=aka ron]
The women who do the voice work in these commercials drive me bonkers.  Wacko
I know they aren't talking to me!  STFU!

KOHL'S CASH  KOHL'S CASH  KOHL'S CASH!!!!!

Wow 18 bucks for a shirt that says Adidas on it?!?! Just buy a plain shirt with no logos for 5 bucks.

Why these kids love paying high prices for being walking billboards for a company is beyond me.
Annoying commercials at least getting peoples attention has been around forever. It has never worked on me and does not work on you. Commercials in general do not work on me. If I want to buy something I will find it and buy it! I also cannot determine why the AdTards choose spokeswomen with the most annoying voices.Confused 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 11:02pm
Yeah, when these air...then I know it's "back to school." This will continue to air well into Spring.
The acting is this ad is amazing! Confused

The one with the "mean girl" is a new one. ugh.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 1:49am
'Cuz it's cool', says every 8th grader.
It makes them fit in with the rest of the students. And sports celebrities wear them. Wanna bet out of 1000 students at a suburban middle or high school, 500 or 600 wear Nikes/Air Jordans? We can also count Converse...what used to be the most iconic shoe for decades, the Chuck Taylor All-Star, now is basically a Nike without a swoosh. Because Nike has owned Converse since 2003.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Wow 18 bucks for a shirt that says Adidas on it?!?! Just buy a plain shirt with no logos for 5 bucks.

Why these kids love paying high prices for being walking billboards for a company is beyond me.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:03pm
Paul? did he  dress in Macys or Old Navy in his surely bullied school days? did
he aks 'how ju like me NOW cuz Ise Jest DAT GUD?' and that explains
his twitchy and apprehensive tv presence?
wait... BACK 2 SKUL..dats tight, HOMIE
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Just we old people who don't have kids in the house.

The FA locked that Sprint thread...Someone please invent something that will keep Paul out of my living room.
LOLQuit whining, aka! YOU should feel 'blessed'...if not, ol'Mule & I  *could* protest and we'd have Donathan on our side, to boot! Leave your thread locked and take a hint from FA - that way you don't need to get banned to France, like I did...
Paul is Paul and that is that - leave a Paul alone.
Just do your time and admit your crime...and finish your chalk board work - that IS NOT '100 times', yet!Wink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:59pm
Just we old people who don't have kids in the house.

The FA locked that Sprint thread...Someone please invent something that will keep Paul out of my living room.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:38pm
After Gilroy, El Paso and Dayton, do we need to readjust our capacity requirements due to a required population adjustment? How many don't care about 'Back To School' sales anymore?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:18pm

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 6:25pm
Yesterday that Macy's commercial aired again. Annoying, atrocious, and everything that young people shouldn't be. Especially the 10-year-old who gets out of a sports car with light-up wheels, good lord. I'd be shocked if he didn't join a gang before 18. We never lived like that. Sure, plenty of Nikes on the feet of schoolchildren, but not to any extreme. They even act like idiots in that commercial. It's unrealistic to any ordinary middle school building - at least middle schools have a mix of good and bad students - not just dancing giddy idiots everywhere!

And this one from Famous Footwear - can't believe no one has posted this yet. The music is REALLY annoying:
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  LOL.  Sometimes such results are due to things you've Googled previously.  In this case, I'd guess you've Googled bikinis and/or Borat within the past few days.  LOL

LOLLOL I thought that too. No, I swear...I never Googled Borat's "Bikini" once.

ONLY thing I can think of is a post I DID make when CNN's The Movies 2000's movies aired a few weeks ago about the movie Borat, I thought the movie was hysterical - and inserted a YouTube clip "Borat" taking a crap on a Trump Hotel property in NYC.  I guess that explains it?? lol

Damn Google, get out of my sh*t! 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 9:59am
^  LOL.  Sometimes such results are due to things you've Googled previously.  In this case, I'd guess you've Googled bikinis and/or Borat within the past few days.  LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:16am
I was curious to see if there were any new crappy ads we haven't seen yet, Googled "back to school 2019" and immediately saw the odd Google ad on the top right. Seriously, WTF?? LOLDead

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:01pm
Yeesh... kids... Thumbs Down

But nothing will ever top "What's a computer?" Confused

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 10:14pm
I count the most tubbies in the JC Penney ad which at least indicates Penney knows its clientele
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 5:33pm
Amazon bought Pill Pack!  I might need an anti-depressant if I see many more of these commercials!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 9:50pm
"We cool?" No, you are NOT. You're now going to in-school suspension for the rest of the day for being brats! AngryAngry

And would Shakespeare pick 'some pens' for this Office Depot/Office Max ad? 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 6:15pm
Christ!  What does 'back to school' mean to me?

Just of how fast time flies by!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I didn't even notice the pimped out ride the kid gets out of. SMH!
I try not to even watch this annoying f'ing commercial when it comes on now.

LOLLOL
That has to be a parody!  Even the largest retailers don't want to encourage stupid, dangerous behavior.

And the song? Another rape of a decent song from 4 Non-Blonds.

Ad Hock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Hock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:55pm
And when did schools allow roller blading down the hallways?
O.K., It's just a little pinprick . . .
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:12pm
I didn't even notice the pimped out ride the kid gets out of. SMH!
I try not to even watch this annoying f'ing commercial when it comes on now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic