Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"...No Santa, NOOO!" / Bad XMAS Gifts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "...No Santa, NOOO!" / Bad XMAS Gifts
    Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 2:11am
Confused...and you thought for certain you knew how to be a GOOD Santa.
No worries! Paw's here to SAAAAVE you from your very own bad ol'decisions with 'things NOT to give as gifts'.
How could or would *I* know what's bad for you, much less what's good?
Experience, dear minion - lots of experience and pain.
Then again - YOU may have some 'experiences & pains' that we all can learn from, so post your suggestions, too.

Fruit Cake. This crap should have died a horrible death long before your Great Grandmother was born, but it hid in the back of old grocers' shelves and refused to mold, only to re-appear during the holiday season.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 2:15am
Evil SmileSometimes one will make choices to ensure 'mutual feelings' exist.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 2:58am
I LOVE fruitcake!!!!

Especially with coffee!!!

If I got a bunch of fruitcake as a present, I would be happy with it!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:03am
Now this on the other hand....

...would be a crappy gift.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Now this on the other hand....

...would be a crappy gift.
LOL The Missus called those 'Jail Chips' because inmates could purchase them in the prison canteen, but not cook them. They would carefully smash the noodles to small pieces, then open one end of the bag, remove the 'flavor' pouch, open and pour back in, hold the bag closed and SHAKE!
I found I could have been a model inmate - I fell deeply in love with Jail Chips - especially if I had some hot sauce to sprinkle in before shaking.
Then the AfgyLad came home from war and immediately told me to STOP eating this stuff - he got to see some of the places where and how it was made. He says at LEAST WASH THE NOODLES IN WATER a few times to get all the animal & human urine and feces out of it...but sometimes I forget. Got three packages for a dollar earlier this evening. I remember when I used to get 6 for a dollar.

DeadAnd I still remember barfing fruitcake when I was something like 4 or 5 years old - just typing this I have bile coming up under my tongue and the very taste at the top of my esophagus...I'm about to puke a tiny bit in the back of my mouth...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 4:04pm
Paw XMAS gift tip of the day:

Never give cigarettes or toothpaste unless the person is in prison.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 4:23pm
ConfusedHere's a SERIOUS one, folks. 'Slackers Slackline'. Seems the lawyers are all asking Santa for new briefcases to hold all the wrongful death and serious injury cases to sprout by spring...yet, to tell you the truth? I LOVE this thing and would sensibly set one up in the back yard, if I had any more spermmistakes....
Image result for slackers slackline photosFor the interested, look this thing up - there are assorted versions and applications.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Paw XMAS gift tip of the day:

Never give cigarettes or toothpaste unless the person is in prison.

My mom used to buy my bil and me each a couple of cartons of smokes for Christmas every year.

I had to get her to stop getting them for me because my smoking dropped off to the point where I wasn't smoking two carton's a year.

For awhile there, I had about four or five carton's of cigs in the bottom drawer of my refrigerator. Ended up selling a couple of them to a friend.

Still have half a carton of unopened packs that have been in there for well over a decade.

Will I smoke them someday?

I might.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 4:03am
unicorn Meat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 4:06am
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:43am

Confused...and you thought for certain you knew how to be a GOOD Santa.
No worries! Paw's here to SAAAAVE you from your very own bad ol'decisions with 'things NOT to give as gifts'.
How could or would *I* know what's bad for you, much less what's good?
Experience, dear minion - lots of experience and pain.
Then again - YOU may have some 'experiences & pains' that we all can learn from, so post your suggestions, too.

Fruit Cake. This crap should have died a horrible death long before your Great Grandmother was born, but it hid in the back of old grocers' shelves and refused to mold, only to re-appear during the holiday season.

Actually, Panettone is a sort of fruit cake(Except it looks and tastes like a big muffin) and it is VERY popular in the Hispanic/ Latin community. The chocolate version is aptly named, "Chocottone," ;) My Walgreen's customers LOVE it. I sell loads of them in the holiday season and on the boxes themselves they have fans gushing about Panettone saying stuff like,"It's like a delicious big muffin! "Heaven with coffee!" Milk's best friend! (Actually, Oreo also claims something like Oreo is milk's best friend too, ;) Is milk a best friend fiend? ;) Also, my customers have said that Panettone is meant to be eaten with milk, so the fan who said ,"Milk's best friend! " Is spot on. :)
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:57pm
I think I once ate too much fruitcake while drinking a 7-11 grape slurpee...seems I went on a puking frenzy.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Actually, Panettone is a sort of fruit cake(Except it looks and tastes like a big muffin) and it is VERY popular in the Hispanic/ Latin community. The chocolate version is aptly named, "Chocottone," ;) My Walgreen's customers LOVE it. I sell loads of them in the holiday season and on the boxes themselves they have fans gushing about Panettone saying stuff like,"It's like a delicious big muffin! "Heaven with coffee!" Milk's best friend! (Actually, Oreo also claims something like Oreo is milk's best friend too, ;) Is milk a best friend fiend? ;) Also, my customers have said that Panettone is meant to be eaten with milk, so the fan who said ,"Milk's best friend! " Is spot on. :)

In Germany, at Christmas they eat something similar, called "Stollen" (pronounced shtullen).

It's more like a cross between a cake and a bread, with dried fruit pieces baked into it and glazed with fine, powdered confectionery sugar.

It comes in a couple of different styles, like cherry, butter and marzipan. I don't particularly like marzipan, but the cherry and butter kind are really good with coffee.

They sell it at Aldi's every Christmas season.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 4:43pm
AngMcP may be the only person I would ever consider getting one of these things for...because he may be the ONE person who would properly appreciate it....
Related image
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 4:48pm

In Germany, at Christmas they eat something similar, called "Stollen" (pronounced shtullen).

It's more like a cross between a cake and a bread, with dried fruit pieces baked into it and glazed with fine, powdered confectionery sugar.

It comes in a couple of different styles, like cherry, butter and marzipan. I don't particularly like marzipan, but the cherry and butter kind are really good with coffee.

They sell it at Aldi's every Christmas season.

DeadMarzipan sounds better than it tastes and maybe that is why it is so rare in the US of A - an almond/honey/sugar combination that tastes like sweet cardboard.
Yum.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 4:54pm
Here's something for your little starving sniffling coughing crying tub of butter!
Image result for very bad childrens gifts 2018 photos
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:03pm
I love fruitcake! I guess that's because I am strange. Either way, if anyone here wants to send non drugged fruitcake to me, I'll give you my po box. Hell, some of you I'll give my home address... I never get fruitcake. I get gift cards to local restaurants.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:30pm

AngMcP may be the only person I would ever consider getting one of these things for...because he may be the ONE person who would properly appreciate it....
Related image
LOL

I had one of these when I was a kid, I would not drink anything without my pistol mug.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:19pm

Related image

I would love to have one of those if my cupboard wasn't already overcrowded with glasses and mugs.

I usually drink my coffee out of one of these...

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:51pm
Winkol'Mule? Did you get those from the Tizzer himselfLOL? If he sees that post, maybe we will hear from him again.
I also have BOXES of coffee mugs - I have so many I can cover entire walls with them. The Missus tried to get me to 'Just Say No', but I'm SO WEAK!
However, with 8 million mugs (maybe a few less) and growing, I really only use ONE:
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 8:01pm
I once donated half a goat to an African village in my sister-in-law's name.  That was her Christmas gift.  I think she got some kind of embossed certificate for it. 

Worst gift ever.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 11:42pm
Cry
I just could not stop and take the picture or I would have trashed the Wolfy-iM....but I'll TRY and 'paint the picture'...

Driving along the edge of The Swamp, one may encounter any number of home-made XMAS gifts and ideas being hawked on the side of many roads. There are all kinds of people around here and most folk wouldn't want to know 75% of them. Heck, *I* don't want to know 90% of these folks!

Sitting along the side of the road was a broken-down, early '70's Ford station wagon.
Hand-painted banner - all XMASy and what not.

'Christmas Oysters - FRESH!'

SantaWolf skipped the milk and puked on the side of the road....Dead
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 12:21am

Sitting along the side of the road was a broken-down, early '70's Ford station wagon.

Oysters are not something one should buy out of a car from a stranger on the side of the road.

Not if eating them is part of the plan, anyway.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 12:56am

Oysters are not something one should buy out of a car from a stranger on the side of the road.

Not if eating them is part of the plan, anyway.
Sick

Who the heck would want SWAMP OYSTERS out of the back of some ol' broken down station wagon?
Crack 'em open and see red & green?!Dead
Handled by some ol' boy who probably has toes that need a suckin' by someone who has a choice between toeclamjam or 2 years in jail....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 10:24am
Just saw these things at work yesterday.  Miniature Walmart baskets with toy food inside.  Can't decide if this would be a bad gift or the best gift ever.  LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic