Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
$0
$100
Red line = monthly cost of CIH
Recent Donations: 0
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saved by zero, saved by zero, saved by zero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 11:18pm
I'd like to see a new version of this commercial where one of the cars throws it in reverse and crashes into the zero.   Then they can shout: "OMFG, SAVE ZERO!!!   IT'S BEEN SMASHED TO PIECES!!"    
Sponsored Links

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 1:43am

Tongue  Hmm NDizzle.....you are going to get along just fine here!!!!

welcome!
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 12:12pm
Good Lord!
JUST as I clicked on this thread and the commercial came on the T.V., behind me!
Think I got a 'remote control mouse'!Confused

MissyDWolf absolutely HATES this commercial; sends her into a frenzy every stinkin' time it comes on.  May have to sue Toyota for the cost of councelling that we are sure to incur from their repeated mental abuse...

I'll give Toyota one thing only ~ they MUST sell a lot of cars; as irritating as this is, one cannot forget it and everyone likes 0% financing, so when they DO go car shopping, and they DO consider finance rates, I'd wager many will think of Toyota first.
Now that I think about it, I almost bet *she* is a victim, now that she got her 'Blackillac' (metallic black Toyota)...
ghettowidow View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghettowidow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 7:06pm

i thought it was a michigan economy commercial

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 7:33pm

...probably correct, GW.

Michigan did indeed get saved by possible revenue income, by yet another 'clever' foreign car commercial....(as much as I hate to say it, certainly lost a few customers...) 

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 8:00pm
ARRRGH!!!   I saw it last night on Adult Swim too.   

On a good note, I noticed that local dealers use the same commercial just with different music, not that AWFUL elevator music song.

If I ever hear the whole song "SAAAVVVED BYYYYYYYYY ZEROOOOOOOO" anywhere, you'll be able to hear my screaming across the country.
GoMEAT85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoMEAT85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 9:00pm
I just heard this commercial two times, convienently placing a commercial in between. Ick.

All these car companies pick the worse, most annoying songs for their commercials. I remember one of them having this horrible summer song a couple of years back. And they have to repeat it over & over...I couldn't wait for summer to be over, just because of that song!

(I'm Chanél & I approve of this message.)
PrntgSrceAdGrp. View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrntgSrceAdGrp. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 11:09pm
OMFG.... the GD song is on right as I am typing this. Every commercial break, i have to hear this garbage. WTF does saved by zero even MEAN?!

TOYOTA, I am boycotting you, based on this commercial. Buy a Honda!
Portia View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 2:26am
For those of you hoping for relief from the ad after Nov. 3, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but thought you'd want to read this AP article (hopefully before seeing the ad again):

Save us from 'Saved by Zero,' TV watchers complain

As the headline indicates, we are not alone in our dislike of this ad. Curiously, we're not mentioned, so Nathan will have to look for other venues to proclaim our collective dislike of stupid commercials. Wink
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Portia Portia wrote:

For those of you hoping for relief from the ad after Nov. 3, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but thought you'd want to read this AP article (hopefully before seeing the ad again):

Save us from 'Saved by Zero,' TV watchers complain

As the headline indicates, we are not alone in our dislike of this ad. Curiously, we're not mentioned, so Nathan will have to look for other venues to proclaim our collective dislike of stupid commercials. Wink

How ironic that they're is a Toyota ad playing just to the right of this article.

I guess when Tetherow meant "effective" and a "hit with customers" he meant the gullible idiots who what rush out immediately after seeing this ad like Pavlov's Dogs salivating after hearing the bell. Unhappy

the campaign is wearing thin.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
rokkenwithdokken247 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokkenwithdokken247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 4:31am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH this commercial is driving me absolutely nuts! it was on just a second ago AGAIN, I heard it at least 3 times during the Simpsons commercial breaks
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 7:35am
According to that article, the national campaign ends today (Wednesday), and  ads are now running on a local basis, but not everywhere. I've noticed in the last two days that they've been replaced by a more 'grown up'-sounding ad for Toyota's leasing and financing.
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 10:06pm
Maybe more commercials like this by toyota will help the American automakers. I could only wish......
fruitbooter View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fruitbooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 5:16am
The song is okay, but almost all new cars in 2008 are %^&*! And fugly!
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 8:54pm
I'll definitely pass on Toyota.   Next car, definitely Honda.   Unless they come out with some ad campaign that pisses me off.Pinch
20carrocks View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

There's a new Toyota commercial featuring one of the most annoying jingle. A repetitive verse duplicating the title of this thread. I HATE it!

They took a good blast from the past song and butchered it and played it over and over again.  Kinda like how Office Max burned out BTO's "Taking Care of Business".
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 8:27pm
Why can't Toyota USA get on board with something clever like their counterparts in Australia?

First attempt to embed a video, if it doesn't work here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhMzKGWw2Bk

Right now that one is at the top of my "Commercials I Like" list
Kirbybeast! View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbybeast! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 3:50am
First post here for me.  This commercial makes me want to drive into a tree... I am just happy (?) I am not alone in my misery when it comes on...LOL. Tongue
Kelly1968 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 5:22am
Is it just me, or does that guy's singing sound kind of eerie?  Especially the way he says the word "zero."  There's something really spooky about it.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 5:30am
kitten ninjas rock.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 6:25am
random comments suck after the first time somebody posts them.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 6:34am
ninja kittens rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic