Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Return to Real-Grilled Cheese (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Return to Real-Grilled Cheese (video)
    Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 8:21pm
Do these idiots on the left coast really think they can deliver a better product than what we have here in the upper midwest?
 Screw you!
I can't wait for your product and I think what I buy is way better than what is shipped from the west coast. F*ck off!

Bad commercials matter!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 8:56pm
Meh.

Milk is milk and cheese is cheese.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 10:27pm
^I don't know whether to envy or pity you, but I'm leaning toward being glad I was born with taste buds. LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 11:16pm
Jimbo, you're starting to sound like ThorTongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 12:21am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Do these idiots on the left coast really think they can deliver a better product than what we have here in the upper midwest?
 Screw you!
I can't wait for your product and I think what I buy is way better than what is shipped from the west coast. F*ck off!

Why so much anger?  It's really pretty inoffensive.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Meh.

Not to people from Wisconsin.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 12:56am
^^ LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

^I don't know whether to envy or pity you, but I'm leaning toward being glad I was born with taste buds. LOL

Well I guess I'm lucky the subject came up then.

Because I've been really, really wondering lately, what the subtle differences are between the nuances of the taste of California dairy products and dairy products produced in the Midwest. Like say, Wisconsin for instance.

So since I now know you have such extraordinary taste buds, you can tell me!!!!!

And please be very, very specific. Describe it in fine detail, like a true gourmet would.

You know.... the kind who was "born with taste buds".

Here's thanking you, in advance, DH!!!!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Meh.

Not to people from Wisconsin.

Yeah, but I meant eating it, not wearing it!!!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 1:11am
^  There's a head cheese joke in there somewhere.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 1:22am

^  There's a head cheese joke in there somewhere.

I've often wondered why those "Cheese Head" Packer fans always wear the same yellow wedge hat to represent the cheese on their heads.

Why not a lumpy white hat that resembles a glob of cottage cheese?

Or a gooey looking hat that resembles melting mozzarella dripping down their heads?

Or maybe a bunch of yellow strips all stuck together to look like shredded cheddar?

C'mon Cheese Heads!!! Show some imagination!!!!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 1:25am

Well I guess I'm lucky the subject came up then.

Because I've been really, really wondering lately, what the subtle differences are between the nuances of the taste of California dairy products and dairy products produced in the Midwest. Like say, Wisconsin for instance.

So since I now know you have such extraordinary taste buds, you can tell me!!!!!

And please be very, very specific. Describe it in fine detail, like a true gourmet would.

You know.... the kind who was "born with taste buds".

Here's thanking you, in advance, DH!!!!

I'm not sure I can describe the difference in taste between dairy products from different sources with enough detail as to cut through so much condescension, so I'll just go as far as to say that I can taste the difference between a glass of milk from Kroger and a glass of milk from Walmart. 

Sorry you can't. Cry
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 4:45am

I'm not sure I can describe the difference in taste between dairy products from different sources with enough detail as to cut through so much condescension, so I'll just go as far as to say that I can taste the difference between a glass of milk from Kroger and a glass of milk from Walmart.

Sorry you can't. Cry

And I'm sorry if I offended you... again. Embarrassed

I keep on forgetting how sensitive you hillbillies are. LOL

But seriously... it was meant in good fun. I figured you "got" that by now.

But on the subject of milk, if you want to try some that you actually can tell the difference between it and every other grocery store milk, try this...Promised Land.

Best milk on the market.

Comes from Jersey cows, known or giving extra rich and creamy milk.

Expensive though. About $4 a quart.

The "Midnight Chocolate" is almost like drinking a chocolate milk shake.

I know that because my highly functioning taste buds told me so. Tongue

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 10:26am
LOL There's a big difference between acknowledging the existence of condescension and being offended by it.

I'll use a lot more smilies from now on so you'll know you didn't hurt my fragile little feelings. Approve

So, fellow taste budder... milk is milk, cheese is cheese, and coffee is coffee, huh? No wait, contradictory comments confirm that the expensive stuff tastes better. Even if I can still taste the difference between two $2 gallons purchased from different stores... cheeses too, since that's the topic. It's kinda like being able to tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi. They're essentially the same, but... not. You don't know exactly what is different, only that it is.

So lemme just crunch that math. You'll spend 4 bucks on a quart of milk when you can get a gallon for 2 bucks, but it's stupid to spend 2 bucks on a cup of joe when the gas station has it for a buck.

Confused

I think I'm finally catching up. I'm starting to understand Jimbo logic. Wacko

Wink
Tongue

But, yet another pointless discussion, seeing as how your follow-up confirms that you actually can taste things... meaning the "milk is milk" thing must have been meant more as you don't care about the differences in taste, not that you can't taste the differences.

Apologies to your sensitive taste buds, carry on. Hug
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 1:05pm
Strange how someone can tell the difference between two different brands of common, everyday milk based upon which grocery store they were purchased at, but can't tell the difference between real condescension and friendly mock condescension. Perception is a funny thing, isn't it?

Maybe we just need better smilies here at CIH.

But back to the original subject that got your britches in a wad to begin with, yes I admit that I did later on, remember one exception to my original statement on the subject, that being the Promised Land milk, but for the vast majority of common, everyday grocery store brands of milk, in my opinion, my original comment still applies. Certainly there may be some people who like to think that because of some superior attribute or more highly refined sensibility on their part, they can actually tell the difference between two common brands of milk from different stores even though the chances are they probably both come from the same cows at the same dairy, but I think most people aren't that.... "anal retentive" let's say.

Regarding that Promised Land milk and some of the other points you so woefully missed the bullseye on, contrary to your comparison of my milk buying habits to your coffee buying ones, I never claimed that I regularly spend $4 a quart on that brand of milk. The stuff has been in the stores for several years now. Some years ago, back when it was only around $2.49 a quart, I used to occasionally get a bottle of the Midnight Chocolate as a treat. But the price of it has risen considerably over the years, so now I rarely, if ever, spring for it. I think I got one about 6 or 8 months ago, but that was the first time in years and I probably won't again for years. But lets say that I did decide to splurge on a bottle once every month or two, that's still not even close on the silly scale, to frequenting Starbucks on a daily or weekly basis just to piss four bucks down the urinal on a 20 or 24 oz cup of overrated coffee just because it makes one feel all trendy and hip. That's just dumb.

As far as Coke vs Pepsi is concerned, I can tell you exactly why they taste different. The fact that they are both man made beverages with different flavorings is why. Same reason why it's easy to tell the difference between Hunt's and Heinz catsup. Ingredients. I'm not sure what kind of differences there could possibly be between the cows who produce Kroger's milk vs Walmart's milk though. Maybe Walmart uses some foreign "sweatshop" dairy, where impoverished foreign cows work long hours for low pay, slaving and being fed inferior grain that in turn, produces inferior milk. I do know that the Promised Land milk is different because of the breed of cows they use. Jersey cows have a long standing history and reputation for producing a richer, creamier grade of milk than the Guernseys and Holsteins that your common, garden variety dairies use. But hey, if some folks like to think their palates are so much more refined than the average person because they like to think of themselves as superior in general, who am I to stomp on their fanciful little dreams? I wouldn't think of it.

Finally, anytime one participant in a discussion helps the other to finally understand common sense logic (aka "Jimbo logic"), then that discussion has not been pointless.

And let me say that I am happy that I was able to enlighten you, my tattered, barefoot, hill dwelling friend.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 1:15pm
Getting real hard to tell who has their britches in a wad here, and I highly doubt that we're on the same page as to what I've been enlightened on.

I'll leave it at this, though. The soda comparison applies to the milk because not all milk comes from the same farms, cows are not fed the same food, processes are different, etc. I can taste the difference whether you choose to believe it or not. It's got nothing to do with my refined palate, I can just taste the difference. If you can't, you can't. The taste bud thing was a joke... which you were obviously unable to discern from, well... anything else.

I'm not even going to touch the "superior" thing past the point of saying "pot, kettle".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 1:36pm
That's cool, dude.

And let me just say that in both instances, the Starbucks thing and the milk thing, I merely posted an opinion on a topic like everyone else does and in neither case, were those opinions directed towards anyone, you included.

You are the one who, in both cases, both took issue with and made an issue out of it.

Pretty silly things to get irate over, but then y'all "hillbilly types" always have been kinda touchy and prickly.

Carry on.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:18pm
Yup, we-uns just loves to calls out them jackasses when we sees em.

You know, since we're down to name-calling based on screen names and/or avatars.

Funny how having an opinion about an opinion makes one "touchy and pricky". But lawjicks escapes us dumb ole hillbillies doncha know?

I'm sorry, were you dismissing me? My bad. If you want to get the last word in, go ahead.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:54pm
Well, I've always tried to engage in good natured "smart-aleck" banter with you here, sort of a friendly matching of wits kind of thing like many of us engage in on this forum.

But I have come to suspect that maybe you are just not one of those people who can do that. Or at least not with me anyway.

You really do seem to take some level of offense at everything I say, even when it wasn't directed towards you. I said something less than glowing about those who spend $4 a cup at Starbucks, a company that has a reputation for being overpriced. I had no idea that you are one of those people. You took umbrage with it, getting a little snippy in your initial response and even calling it back up here in this thread, weeks later, as if you still haven't let it go.

I also don't know where you get the ridiculous idea that I'm "name-calling" by referring to you as a hillbilly. That's what you call yourself and I didn't mean it derogatorily. There is no "jackass" in my screen name, either. If being referred to as a hillbilly upsets you, maybe you should, oh I don't know.... take the word HILLBILLY out of your screen name? Ya think?

You're a pretty tough guy when you're making a whipping boy out of a milquetoast like Donathan who offers himself up for abuse, but you get downright fragile and even petty with those who are as opinionated as you are.

Maybe the best thing for me to do, is put you in the "Donathan file" and just ignore you from now on, unless you direct a comment towards me.

Now you're dismissed.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:13pm
Bad commercials matter!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:13pm
The Starbucks thing was just a relevant example of a mentality, that's the only reason it was brought up.

The "jackass" was in the avatar, that's the reason I mentioned avatars.

The hillbilly thing absolutely came off as derogatory, and therein probably lies our problem. You come off in such a way... kind of like when women call one another a bitch, but laugh when they do it. They get to say they were just kidding because they were laughing (or in this case add a smilie), but in the end, still called one another a bitch. Undertones. Am I reading you wrong? Maybe, but I don't really think I am.

File me wherever you like, I'm not nearly fragile enough to care.

Now I'll dismiss myself. I changed my mind, I'm not giving you that kind of control.

Have a nice day. Beer
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:15pm
S'all good, Ron.

It's just the internet. LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 4:10pm

The Starbucks thing was just a relevant example of a mentality, that's the only reason it was brought up.

The "jackass" was in the avatar, that's the reason I mentioned avatars.

The hillbilly thing absolutely came off as derogatory, and therein probably lies our problem. You come off in such a way... kind of like when women call one another a bitch, but laugh when they do it. They get to say they were just kidding because they were laughing (or in this case add a smilie), but in the end, still called one another a bitch. Undertones. Am I reading you wrong? Maybe, but I don't really think I am.

File me wherever you like, I'm not nearly fragile enough to care.

Now I'll dismiss myself. I changed my mind, I'm not giving you that kind of control.

Have a nice day.

The Starbucks thing was me offering up an on-topic opinion, relevant to the thread topic. Your response as it progressed a few posts, became plain old butthurt.

My avatar is an album cover. The animal is a donkey or a burro. The "jackass" reference was something you chose to make derogatorily and was obviously an attempt on your part to "get back" at me for the hillbilly references, which is like if PaWolf were to get offended over wolf references or if Thor were to get offended by "Nordic guy who carries a hammer" references.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, any hillbilly references I've made towards you, have been an attempt to "play along" in the spirit that you chose to call yourself that. You calling me a jackass based on my avatar is closer to me calling you a "green, goofy looking, buck-toothed geek with a helmet" than it is to me making cute hillbilly references based on the exact same thing you call yourself. So please, enough with the rationalization.

As far as how I come off, undertones and your reading of me, you are absolutely wrong. I kid around exactly the same way with everyone else and they get it. They kid around with me and I get it. I take great pains to make it obvious I'm just poking good natured fun and the smilies are put in there expressly for that purpose, not to give myself cover. Because if I want someone to know I'm dissing them, I'm not gonna worry about back pedaling later on.

I think what is at the root of your problem with me goes back to the political fights Thor and I used to get into and the liberal positions I always took. As I recall, on a couple of occasions, you expressed your sympathy with certain conservative positions. I'm guessing you took a certain view of me based on the opposite positions I expressed. As such, I think maybe you now regard me as one of those "lefty types" you have no use for, and that has colored your view of me in all other areas.

Whatever. It's NBFD2ME.

I just want to have fun here and engage in some funny, witty, good-natured back and forth. I'm not looking to insult or disparage anyone based on what products they like or dislike or throw some opinion they expressed about Big Bufords or Starbucks coffee or the taste of milk, back in their faces weeks or months later just to play "gotcha".

As Cyndi said so long ago.... "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" .

So how about we all just be nice girls and have fun.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 8:31pm

Screw you!

Why so much anger?  It's really pretty inoffensive.

It bothers me that they would ask that we folks out here look for the "Seal".
This is the heart of dairyland, they don't call us Cheeseheads for nothing.

How could they, California dairy farms, possibly make a better quality milk or cheese.
Secondly, how could they ship it all the way over here (about 2000 miles) and promise freshness and a lower cost?  It's impossible!

I like to power the local economy too. These stupid commercials don't help my opinion of California either.

They should have stuck with the talking cow, I liked those commercials.

Bad commercials matter!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 9:35pm

It bothers me that they would ask that we folks out here look for the "Seal".
This is the heart of dairyland, they don't call us Cheeseheads for nothing.

How could they, California dairy farms, possibly make a better quality milk or cheese.
Secondly, how could they ship it all the way over here (about 2000 miles) and promise freshness and a lower cost?  It's impossible!

I like to power the local economy too. These stupid commercials don't help my opinion of California either.

They should have stuck with the talking cow, I liked those commercials.

I could see them advertising in the rest of the country, but you're right, advertising California dairy products in or near Wisconsin is not only stupid, but seems like it would be a huge waste of money.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic