Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T Lily - yikes! Another Jan!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T Lily - yikes! Another Jan!
    Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 5:13am
ok - so I'm now seeing not one but two AT&T Commercials featuring an uber-perky brunette with big eyes and a quirky personality who bears a strong resemblance (appearance, style, and mannerisms) to Toyota's over exuberant customer service gal, Jan. At first I thought it was a "one off" when I first saw the "Yay Love" commercial and wrote it off to a coincidence and nothing more. The lo and behold, Lily (that charming cheery chipmunk) shows up in a second AT&T commercial. Yes, she is now fast becoming the new Jan. And soon we will see her be-dimpled shiny face on every channel, getting into odd situations with clients which are meant to be funny but come off slightly obnoxious. Even her cheerleader voice is irritating, Why can't companies just make commercials that sell their product instead of trying to make a star out of the actor/actress with their mundane sketches?
Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

ok - so I'm now seeing not one but two AT&T Commercials featuring an uber-perky brunette with big eyes and a quirky personality who bears a strong resemblance (appearance, style, and mannerisms) to Toyota's over exuberant customer service gal, Jan. At first I thought it was a "one off" when I first saw the "Yay Love" commercial and wrote it off to a coincidence and nothing more. The lo and behold, Lily (that charming cheery chipmunk) shows up in a second AT&T commercial. Yes, she is now fast becoming the new Jan. And soon we will see her be-dimpled shiny face on every channel, getting into odd situations with clients which are meant to be funny but come off slightly obnoxious. Even her cheerleader voice is irritating, Why can't companies just make commercials that sell their product instead of trying to make a star out of the actor/actress with their mundane sketches?

You're kinda late to the party, I think. Lily's been the AT&T spokeswoman for like the past 2 years, lol. There's been several threads on her various commercials here in the past, along with a decent percentage of the male posters expressing an interest in getting service from Lily that has nothing to do with the phone.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 3:27pm
'an interest in getting service from Lily that has nothing to do with the phone.'

COUNT ME IN...its not her fault her writers set their bar creatively at INSECT JAN...

she can sell me her PORTABLE DEVICE anytime
Baggin the tiki since the 90s
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

I guess maybe they're going for the "Flo/Progressive" thing.  That is, if you don't automatically remember the name of the company, maybe some interesting spokesman will help.

I don't know if that's been successful, though.  While I think of Progressive when I think of Flo (two words that go together at this point), for some reason I keep thinking Lily is with Best Buy.  Maybe it's the blue shirt and the fact that Best Buy sells phones, too.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't know if that's been successful, though.  While I think of Progressive when I think of Flo (two words that go together at this point), for some reason I keep thinking Lily is with Best Buy.  Maybe it's the blue shirt and the fact that Best Buy sells phones, too.

Or maybe it's because they are both evil shape-shifting wallet suckers??

Lily's cute and all, but she works for the deathstar company.
Therefore, I know it's just a facade and soon as you get her home, she eats your face or something.

BTW:  +1 to the person who posted "uber-punky" earlier in the thread.
That description nails it. 

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Or maybe it's because they are both evil shape-shifting wallet suckers??

Lily's cute and all, but she works for the deathstar company.
Therefore, I know it's just a facade and soon as you get her home, she eats your face or something.

BTW:  +1 to the person who posted "uber-punky" earlier in the thread.
That description nails it. 

You got that right! I have really come to hate AT&T. Bastards!!!!!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:16pm
Difference is "Lily" is hot while "Jan" is just a square-faced annoyance. I'd "upgrade" my "phone" with "Lily" anyway! (nudges you all with elbow)  
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 10:47pm
I like Lily, she's kittenish. Seems like the type who under her ATT threads is a tight little gymnast's body and she'd be the type that would take sex to a new dimension. Of course she'd be the type that would go awww to cute cuddly puppies and kittens. If you give her a foot rub. My kind of girl. Her real name is

Milana Vayntrub and she's from the Russian/Ubekistan area.

And here is my kittenish beauty looking hot. I told you she's a little minx!
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:48am
Yeah, I may find the writing of ATT ads stupid, but I have a hard time hating "Lily." 
Not her fault.Wink

"Jan," well thats another story.
------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:25am
^  I Googled what I could see of that magazine title---"eed world".  Apparently, it's Weed World, and doesn't seem to be about crab grass and dandelions.

Looks like it's this issue:

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:02pm
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:18pm
Nuff said.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:34pm
Fine looking pair of tube socks...
Jack's_Son View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack's_Son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 10:42am
Yeah, I have to admit, they hit the jackpot when they signed "Lily". It is, in fact, no wonder, that this site, acclaimed for it's universal derision of all things commercial-wise, draws the line at throwing shade at "Lily". She's impervious. Flo and Jan are fodder. 

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 11:10pm
Whatever she's selling... I'll take two please!
I do not think much, I do not think often, but when I do think, I think about sex!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 5:15am
I want to see AT&T put her in a commercial looking like this...

That would get people to sit up and take notice.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 1:26pm
You want her to look like a bedazzled 80's pro-wrestler?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 5:31pm
Well that IS a picture of her.

I'd just like to see them put her in a AT&T commercial in that get up.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 7:31am
"Enjoy your phone!"

"You too!"

... Stern Smile ... Disapprove ... Ermm

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:45am
I dunno, if I was faced with the curvy cutie and her bubbly attitude that could be misinterpreted as flirtatious, I might say dumb things and run into walls too. LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 1:41am
I don't dislike the Lily ads. I think she is extremely pretty, unlike Jan....or Flo!
One man gathers what another man spills
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 4:16am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I don't dislike the Lily ads. I think she is extremely pretty, unlike Jan....or Flo!

Maybe.. but never turn your back on her.
She works for the "Deathstar Company".  (See: AT&T's logo, the resemblance is disturbing!)

On the bright side, if AT&T's proposed merger with Time-Warner goes through, maybe Lily can replace Wolf Blitzer on CNN. 
Now wouldn't THAT be a welcomed change?

The news won't get any better, but nobody will really care!  Big smile

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 3:11pm
Lily = good and easy on eyes
Jan = overly artificial/insect like/ really poor writing(yes worse than ATT--imagine THAT)
Flo=landlocked manatee with hair/make up from the 50s/cronies abuser
Baggin the tiki since the 90s
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 2:13am
^ I more picture "Flo" as a short-order waitress at some out of the way greasy spoon.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

"Enjoy your phone!"

"You too!"

... Stern Smile ... Disapprove ... Ermm

Yeah, I can picture doing this.
Get flustered around a hot girl, then I'd say something like this.
------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic