Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Education Connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Education Connection
    Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 12:43am

Just saw this one today, and I think they do this sh*t on purpose.
They actually self-commented this YouTube video with "Love it? Hate it? Want to be in one of our new Videos?!?!?!?"
Now that's desperation!
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 3:16am
ClapLOLThank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! That EdConComm was simply mind-numbingly stupid.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 3:44am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ClapLOLThank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! That EdConComm was simply mind-numbingly stupid.

Woah. You might want to chill out or you'll turn into one of these. LOL
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/plastic-bag_thank-you.jpg
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 3:49am

Pa's already a wrinkled old bag.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 4:02am
So... the guy who was telling her all about how great Education Connection is, has a career as a window washer, eh?

Thumbs Up

I wonder what "university" he studied that subject at.

Or maybe he was just a perv pretending to be one just to look in her window.

Seems kinda odd, you're a teenage girl at home in your bedroom & there's some guy on a ladder outside your window.

"Daddy, the window washer you hired told me all about Education Connection!!!"

"Window washer??? What window washer???"

Confused

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 4:02am
LOLI'm not a bag! But after watching that ad, I SURE feel 'dumbed down'!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOLI'm not a bag! But after watching that ad, I SURE feel 'dumbed down'!

No....U R NOT.

Re these online universities.....fact is, I have no clue at all.   I am moved to dismiss them all out of hand, but that's never a good thing to do.

Amazing there must be so many this company is trying to succeed by being like some monitor all travel sites site.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 2:11am
....duhhhhh....
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 2:37am
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

Just saw this one today, and I think they do this sh*t on purpose.
They actually self-commented this YouTube video with "Love it? Hate it? Want to be in one of our new Videos?!?!?!?"
Now that's desperation!

THANKS! I saw this yesterday and almost posted it. Good grief, what a dumb ad.....
"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 3:16am
I think my brain just died, watching that video!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 8:20am
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 9:50pm
I saw it on Adult Swim last night(I kid you not, it played again RIGHT AFTER it was done playing). My initial thought: I don't like this one. I like the old ones better.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 12:37am
Originally posted by MrPink MrPink wrote:

Dare I say that the new commercial makes me long for this old piece of sh*t?  Tongue
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 1:00am
Dear God... Please help us all.. The way she "raps" reminds me of the early 80's rap. And not in a good way. They need to get edumacated.

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 1:49am
Is this even legit? I ask because of this....

As some posters here know I retired from the army in 2013. While looking for employment I applied to some online. Minutes after doing so I'd get a call from some education service asking if I wanted to use them to go back to school. At first I was polite, telling them, no, I applied for a job, I want to go to work, not school. But it didn't take long to realize maybe I'd a mistake. You apply for a job, you're naturally going to give them your number. I was getting a bunch of calls every day from "we can assist you going back to school" places. They seemed really interested in the fact that as a retiree I had GI Bill privileges.

It frustrated me because I explained to one of these services, I don't need your help. I can drive to the Education Center on post in less than 15 minutes. So nope, don't need the service even if I was looking to go to school at the time. I managed to stop the calls by just not using any online applications to apply for them. I even GOTR a job that way.

I didn't really like the job and I didn't 'need' the money, so I decided to go back to school at a local college to learn some new skills. Took me all of one week of looking at school and one afternoon of applying without "Education Connection".

"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:31am
I just saw this piece of garbage commercial on the ID channel. Holy sh*t it's terrible! 

Is this ad supposed to make me feel stupid so I need to go back to school, because my IQ dropped a few notches after seeing this. I can't take this commercial seriously.
------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I just saw this piece of garbage commercial on the ID channel. Holy sh*t it's terrible! 

Is this ad supposed to make me feel stupid so I need to go back to school, because my IQ dropped a few notches after seeing this. I can't take this commercial seriously.

I'm pretty sure it's geared towards the folks whose mesothelioma/vaginal mesh/slip & fall windfalls didn't pan out.
Number One Navy Seal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number One Navy Seal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 12:25am
I don't know why people don't just get off their lazy asses and at least get a GED so that they can do somewhat better with their lives than going to a for profit crap school.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 1:01am
^Yeah, go to a REAL school, like Big Johnson Academy or whatever that supposed all boys school is that Donathan went to, right NONS?
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 1:08pm
Hey, Marshall Johnson Academy is a Prestigious Private school, and the graduates of MJA go on to the even more prestigious Harvard and Yale!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

^Yeah, go to a REAL school, like Big Johnson Academy or whatever that supposed all boys school is that Donathan went to, right NONS?

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Hey, Marshall Johnson Academy is a Prestigious Private school, and the graduates of MJA go on to the even more prestigious Harvard and Yale!

Donathan

Members Profile

Find Members Posts

Add to Buddy List

Junior Executive

Quote Donathan

Thanks(0)
    Quote   Reply Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:19pm

Okay, okay! Marshall Johnson Academy is not a real school in Jacksonville, Florida! It's not a real school at all!

To quote Judge Judy: "If you tell the truth, you don't have to have a really good memory."
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:57am
There are 1440 minutes in a day.... there's half of one I'll never get back!
I do not think much, I do not think often, but when I do think, I think about sex!!
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:33am
I'm sick to death of almost every thread becoming about Douche Boy.  I can ignore the ones patently about he/she/it, but still have to wade through the continuous crap of self-aggrandizement and mockingly posting more lies from the past to keep the whole train going.

Dead
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

I'm sick to death of almost every thread becoming about Douche Boy.  I can ignore the ones patently about he/she/it, but still have to wade through the continuous crap of self-aggrandizement and mockingly posting more lies from the past to keep the whole train going.

Dead

Thumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 3:34pm

We'd have to do our part and stop setting him up, too.  In this case, someone else goaded him into a reply.  I've done it myself.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic