Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Honest Company

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelaranator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Honest Company
    Posted: 02 May 2014 at 1:44am
I can't believe no one has posted about this atrocity yet! Basically after Jessica Alba got knocked up her acting career ended and started an overpriced baby care line. Whatever, didn't care much for her anyway. What I can't stand is the yuppie idiot Ryan McKee in the commercial! Why does everything she say sound like a question even when it isn't? "IT ALL STARTED WITH THE CUTE DIAPERS?" KILLS me every time!!!! Angry

Sponsored Links

rope View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 3:02am
I don't think I'm familiar with this ad, but I am furious that I didn't get to knock up Jessica Alba.

Apparently she's "too good" to answer my texts/phone calls/emails/letters/skywriting messages/morse code messages/craigslist ads/billboard ads/words written using the condensation formed on her bedroom window after I'm done breathing on it.

I guess she think she's better than me. Stuck up.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 7:20am
I don't think the commercial is very good as ads go but what really gets me is Jessica being a hypocrite about her products. Organic, all-natural safe for her baby, I've seen interviews where she talks about wanting the best food, products, environment for her family...all the time knowing she's smoked cigarettes for many years. She is just so smug, and better than you attitude, but is a secret smoker. Yes, there are photos though most celebrities try to hide it. Not picking on smokers but I don't think smoking is exactly healthy or good for your children's living space.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 7:44am
Originally posted by rope rope wrote:

I don't think I'm familiar with this ad, but I am furious that I didn't get to knock up Jessica Alba.

Apparently she's "too good" to answer my texts/phone calls/emails/letters/skywriting messages/morse code messages/craigslist ads/billboard ads/words written using the condensation formed on her bedroom window after I'm done breathing on it.

I guess she think she's better than me. Stuck up.
LOL Have you considered stalking?

I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 3:16pm

^  One way or another, I'm gonna find ya, I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I don't think the commercial is very good as ads go but what really gets me is Jessica being a hypocrite about her products. Organic, all-natural safe for her baby, I've seen interviews where she talks about wanting the best food, products, environment for her family...all the time knowing she's smoked cigarettes for many years. She is just so smug, and better than you attitude, but is a secret smoker. Yes, there are photos though most celebrities try to hide it. Not picking on smokers but I don't think smoking is exactly healthy or good for your children's living space.

I just find that whole "I'm the most wonderful parent ever" attitude nauseating.

Patricia Heaton in The Middle, when her son's teacher (Doris Roberts) accuses her and her husband (Neil Flynn) of over-parenting:

"That's not us.  If anything, we underparent.  In fact, we pretty much phone it in".

SO much to hate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SO much to hate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 9:04pm
Ughhhhhh! This ad is PAINFUL!!!! I hate the way 'Ryan McGee' says the word "products". I hate the way she says the word "shop". I hate the way she says the word "cute". I hate everything about this ad. I find the whole ad to be unbelievably pretentious and just unbelievably annoying. Hate it hate it hate it.
SO much to hate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SO much to hate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 9:19pm
Here's thedrink to the ad if you want to share in the pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBl04rV1aHM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 9:23pm
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by SO much to hate SO much to hate wrote:

Ughhhhhh! This ad is PAINFUL!!!! I hate the way 'Ryan McGee' says the word "products". I hate the way she says the word "shop". I hate the way she says the word "cute". I hate everything about this ad. I find the whole ad to be unbelievably pretentious and just unbelievably annoying. Hate it hate it hate it.
I feel your pain.  Ouch  I'm glad I'm not the only person who gets irritated and creeped out by the way these b!tches pronounce their words in that yuppie, goody-goody girl, thinks they're smart way.  With that crap ass music in the background, it's really a trip to Ughsville. Angry
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by thelaranator thelaranator wrote:

I can't believe no one has posted about this atrocity yet! Basically after Jessica Alba got knocked up her acting career ended and started an overpriced baby care line. Whatever, didn't care much for her anyway. What I can't stand is the yuppie idiot Ryan McKee in the commercial! Why does everything she say sound like a question even when it isn't? "IT ALL STARTED WITH THE CUTE DIAPERS?" KILLS me every time!!!! Angry

That question sound at the end of each statement is a constant form of speech from California people. It's very annoying.
One man gathers what another man spills
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Originally posted by thelaranator thelaranator wrote:

That question sound at the end of each statement is a constant form of speech from California people. It's very annoying.
I'm a native Southern California girl (not a Valley Girl) and I don't speak like that.  I've heard people from back East talk with that annoying inflection and don't know where they get it from.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by SO much to hate SO much to hate wrote:

This is one of the trends that many young people do today. They try to sound "smart", but wind up sounding pretentious and snob-like.
There is an alternative version of this annoying trend from these sorority girls, and that is the ever annoying vocal-fry!

They all need to have their faces pushed into a loo, and flush it a couple of times!
One man gathers what another man spills
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 10:00pm
^^"I feel the earth move under my feet, I feel the sky come tumbling"

Dammit, meaning to quote DRS, I 'm slow with my big fat fingers.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 10:00pm
I'm sick to death of everything and everyone being amazing.  I've even had check out counter girls say, "Amazing" as I hand them my credit card to pay.  This annoying twats' two little brats are probably not amazing, considering all they do is pee and poo into overpriced cuuutte diapers.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 2:02am
My son is almost 5 months and I get every Mom out there asking me if I use their product or that I must use them. One time at a baby store with my Mom she asked me why I don't use this stuff. I brought her over to where they sell some of their stuff and showed her the prices and said "That's why!" 
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 3:23am
This thread brought to you by the letter 'S'!
Over-enunciation of 's' sounds is 2014's vocal fry!

Oh yeah, and you'd better believe women let their insecurities all hang out when they're buying stuff for their baby. It's a multi-billion dollar industry. I doubt most even consider what the baby likes. What the hell is the baby gonna say, after all?
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 4:50am
^ Man, you aren't kidding. She was an "amazing" choice for this heap of steaming dung. Awful, just awful.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 5:21am
I guess I'm a "fortunate son" I have no idea who Jessica Alba is!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Yes!!  I noticed that when I moved here in the 80s.  It always sounds as if they're unsure of even the simplest statements of fact, and that anything they say is open to debate.  Even just stating their own name can sound like a question.  When someone calls and says "Hi, my name's Betty and I'm calling from the ABC Company??", I want to say "I disagree!!"

Coming from NJ, where everyone is absolutely sure that absolutely everything that they think and say is the absolute truth, this California thing always sounded really weak to me.  However, lately, I've noticed it's infecting people across the US.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I'm sick to death of everything and everyone being amazing.  I've even had check out counter girls say, "Amazing" as I hand them my credit card to pay.  This annoying twats' two little brats are probably not amazing, considering all they do is pee and poo into overpriced cuuutte diapers.

Really!  Show me how they can do trigonometry or crap live puppies into those cute diapers, and then you can call them "amazing".

Gen Guerrero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen Guerrero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 11:25pm
I C-A-N-N-O-T S-T-A-N-D this person Ryan McGee in this commercial for The Honest Co. She is overly smug and stuck up. I ask, what is so "amazing" about two small girls? What have they done that is so "amazing" at the ripe old ages of 2 and 4? Another example of the insipid smugness and self-satisfied superiority of this woman. What is that funny thing she does with the left side of her mouth, it's as if even in her smile she feels she is superior. This commercial has "snob" written all over it. Can't stand it.
cocopuff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 10:18am
I want to stab myself in the eye every time I hear her say (and for extra drama, she closes her eyes as she says it) AMAZING girls. Eff off you pretentious snob. Unless those kids are already speaking 5 languages and have early entrance into Harvard, they are not AMAAAZING. 
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 4:29pm
Just another celeb of days passed using whatever fame they have remaining to try to sell us their snake oil.  No thanks.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 12:20am
Why do you have to have pretty diapers? Everyone knows they end up in the trash!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic