Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 63>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It sure is quiet in here!
    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 5:31pm
My little brother sent me an email this morning at...Tue, Aug 24 at 12:16 AM

He has had some health problems. He still smokes the last I heard.  He quit drinking.

I haven’t been doing very well.  For 2 weeks now.  It’s my legs. I ended up loosing my job over it.  It just plain sucks.

My reply...

Not good news at all.  What's wrong with your legs?  I had Edema (swelling) before I went to the hospital. My SS benefit isn't much but it's better than nothing. Have you seen your doctor?  Let me know if I can help.

Me...

I don't feel too bad. Having trouble sleeping again. Just made my Will legal yesterday. I had to have 2 witnesses and a Notary.

His response...

It’s caused by damage from nerves. From when My aorta was clogged up. I put off that surgery for 2 years. Shouldn’t have waited.

If he needs money, I can help him.  But I will first ask him if he still has his Corvette.  It might be time to sell things like that.  Linda is just holding some money for me.  She will have plenty of money for my final expenses.  I have made all of that as inexpensive as possible via my will.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 3:36am
I got 4 hours of sleep last night, I should be sleeping like a baby with a poopy diaper.  Embarrassed
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 6:07pm
I got a notice in the mail saying that this collection agency has closed my account.  I paid the other bill off.

It seems like there are no people pressuring me to pay them money.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 2:25am
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 6:47pm
Sharonite!  Hey!  Nice to see you!
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:44pm
THANK YOU!

Love this song…….
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:38pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 6:11pm
It's so quiet in here.  I just have to post a song and leave.  It's not easy to be me.

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 10:47pm
Lucky you had cash on hand! We always keep money in the house just for that reason.
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 10:18pm
My neighbor (Wally) was giving me crap about wanting to get a room at the crappy motel uptown.  Run by a dark skinned (Palestinian) couple. With the EAA Air Venture happening in Oshkosh.  Hotels and motels are hard to find and the prices are jacked up.  I called Comfort Inns and Suites in Oshkosh.  They wanted $475 for a room.  That's freaking criminal.  When I went to reserve a room here in town, he could not take my credit card.  No internet or TV service because of the storms.  I went back home and got the cash to pay him.  By the time I got into my room, TV service was restored.  I didn't need wifi cause I don't have a laptop.  I did sleep pretty well.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Love both of those songs!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:14am

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:03am

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:19am
Rotten Willie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotten Willie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 11:56pm

As a kid I thought he was saying "I'm getting closer to my womb" Shocked 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 6:32pm
I think from the comments above, yes.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 6:26pm

He didn't stay long or comment...He was here about 10:30 looking at PaW's profile.

I wonder if he knows he passed.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 6:25pm
He didn't stay long or comment...He was here about 10:30 looking at PaW's profile.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 4:33pm
Good to see Hootman on the forum, I hope you are well!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 11:56pm
He fancied himself a writer. But when you make it so hard to slog through your every word, your every phrase, your every bon mot---so much that people often just don't even bother---you can't be a helluva good one.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 11:11pm
I liked Pa in spite of some of some of his more annoying qualities.

Or maybe because of them.... 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 8:57pm

...and post all his crypto-babble.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Bet PaWolf was a fun guy! I noticed both msmadz and moocha were sad to learn of his passing. He obviously entertained the CIH family!

People mourned the death of Kim Jong Il, too.

Just sayin'.

LOL  PaW liked to have a Molson or 10.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 8:48pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 63>
  Share Topic