Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!
    Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 3:11am
As much as I hate to say it, down in The Swamp, I've found a general difference in driving styles of white versus black, old versus young, and male versus female drivers.
Black middle-aged women are by far absolutely THE WORST, especially if they found a weak-minded gold mine husband to buy them a nice car (no, no - the Missus' fine name will always remain excluded) as they seem to believe they are 'owed respect' and thus are 'privileged', no matter 'Mama's baby' cannot read, doesn't understand respect is earned and has no concept of why laws exist , much less why they have to take driving classes, and why white people are starting to round 'em up into FEMA-style community camps and get 'em ready for the reintroduction of 'slavery'. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 6029
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 12:17am
Far too many "drivers" who are ignorant or totally inconsiderate of the other 7+billion people on this planet. I was in a parking lot driveway when an ignorant A-hole backed out of a parking space 10 feet in front of me. I stopped and was able to back-up and let them out. My kindness was rewarded by them opening their window and screaming "Idiot! cars backing out of parking spaces have the right of way"! News to me, DMV, and my state's legislature. I have to vote ignorance as they had in-state plates. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 45297
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 6:36pm
Speaking of sh*tty grocery store behavior...

I went to one of our WMNM's yesterday to pick up some goodies for the weekend. I'm driving through the parking lot and I see what looks like someone about to back out of a prime parking space. Brake lights are lit and the backup lights are too. So I stop and wait.

And wait. And wait.

Toot the horn a couple of times. Occurs to me that it's probably some inconsiderate jerk on the phone. Finally the idiot takes its foot off the brake and takes the car out of reverse, signaling to me that said idiot wasn't about to back up after all.

So I look out my window directly at the driver as I'm moving away and make a pointed comment directly at them. When I get about halfway up the next row, I see this idiot motherf**ker finally back out of the space!!!

Gawd I hate that sh*t!!!!


Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 10:18pm
I'm most annoyed by the slow shoppers---the ones who need to look at every item on the shelves.  They stop every few feet with no apparent awareness of anyone behind them.  The worst are the obese and/or simply lazy ones who rest their arms across the cart handle and push the carts at a snail's pace using the weight of their bodies.  Are you really that exhausted?
 
Then there're the ones who are more interested in their phones than they are in getting their items.
 
 
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

People at the grocery store who stop their cart sideways in the aisle when they're price comparing on the shelves so that it's blocking the entire aisle.  And of course, it they see you coming and have to stop what they're doing to adjust their cart so you can get by, they give you the look as if you're the jerk for inconveniencing them.


Yeah, this annoys me too. One time someone doing this actually had the nerve to ask "you couldn't have just waited for me to move?" after I said "excuse me" and started walking past him when he moved out of the way. Now, I'm not normally a confrontational person, but THAT reaction prompted me to turn around reply "Sorry, I didn't know how long you planned to stand around being a dick".
Big smileEvil SmileIt happens to me, too...and THAT is when I can be the very best asshole I can be. I will come up on it and VERY, VERY LOUDLY, "Excuse me! Other people shopping too! May I pass by?". I don't win friends but I do influence people.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 45297
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 2:59pm
I've never had anyone do that to me with their cart sideways, but there has been a time or two where someone had their cart in the middle of the aisle enough so that I couldn't get by and wouldn't move after I said "excuse me" two or three times. At that point I just move their cart out the way myself and screw them if they don't like it.
Back to Top
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 22 May 2012
Location: Crowley
Status: Offline
Points: 2064
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

People at the grocery store who stop their cart sideways in the aisle when they're price comparing on the shelves so that it's blocking the entire aisle.  And of course, it they see you coming and have to stop what they're doing to adjust their cart so you can get by, they give you the look as if you're the jerk for inconveniencing them.


Yeah, this annoys me too. One time someone doing this actually had the nerve to ask "you couldn't have just waited for me to move?" after I said "excuse me" and started walking past him when he moved out of the way. Now, I'm not normally a confrontational person, but THAT reaction prompted me to turn around reply "Sorry, I didn't know how long you planned to stand around being a dick".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 45297
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 1:07am
MeTV will probably bring him back before too long.
Back to Top
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Status: Offline
Points: 22379
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:26pm
Well something odd happened on Cozi TV today. It was scheduled at 12:00 for Rockford Files to air today. It got as far as the phone ringing and the text "James Garner in" appearing then it switched over to some soap opera that airs on NBC! wTF!? Why do this!? I was so ready to see Rockford Files and they spring this soap opera on viewers for no good reason! This was unscheduled! I might as well buy the DVDs and forget this $#@&!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 8:11pm
DisapproveI'm very very very tired. Leave me alone and quit teasing me!
Image result for girl pigtails crying
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 45297
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

From what I garnished, he lived in the Houston area, which would be right in the thick of it.

Did you "garnish" that....



...or did you "garner" it?



Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:36pm
From what I garnished, he lived in the Houston area, which would be right in the thick of it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar
8+ years on CIH

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 9247
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:34pm
Didn't insanity live in Texas where those awful floods were a few years back? I hope nothing bad happened to him. He was a funny fellow.
The artist formerly known as Madawee



Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^He's probably dead - no posts since 2015.Wink
 
That thought's crossed my mind.  He left pretty suddenly.
 
 
Right - no feelings whatsoever. That's why *I* think I123 was prolly posting an opinion, suffered a fatal seizure and on his way out accidentally pressed 'clear form' rather than 'post', which really sucks.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^He's probably dead - no posts since 2015.Wink
 
That thought's crossed my mind.  He left pretty suddenly.
 
 
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 45297
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 12:57am
I thought you'd like it....

Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 12:03am
^^^ShockedEmbarrassedClapClapClapYAY!!!! *IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii* like it! Thanky ol'Mule! THAT is a WONDERFUL avatar - can I steal it? No matter, I'm going to....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 45297
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Yea I did.
Why?
Because I could...and I knew it would generate a pulse.


You sir, are a THREAD NECROMANCER!!!!



Corpse humper!!!!

Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 10:22pm
^^^He's probably dead - no posts since 2015.Wink
Well, you can wish him a HB on 2/13. No email address.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Location: WI
Status: Offline
Points: 21707
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 9:06pm
^ Yeah! PaW! You are almost as weird as I am!
 
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I like A/C (even more so at work because of all the electronic sh*t heating up the place even more than the natural warm up), but it's not life support for me like it is for most people down here.  Most everyone I know can't fathom how I can manage a monthly light bill around $100 bucks in the summer.

I typically run my A/C at home (when needed) from 5:15 until about 8:00, with the temp set at 78.  Weekends it runs a little longer since I'm home, say from about 1:00 or 2:00 until 8:00.  I leave it off overnight and while I'm gone. 

With a car though, it's heated up by the sun to about 150 degrees, and down here we have the humidity to boot.  No A/C is a death warrant, even with a convertible.  I don't have one, but you don't see a whole lot of topless cars on the road in the summer months. 


Same here. The humidity makes it hard to breathe! I do like to be cool at night or else I can't sleep, but once my husband leaves for work, the thermostat goes from 68 to 78 so I can feel my toes!

What really sucks about summer in Texas is that most establishments feel the need to overcompensate and keep their stores and restaurants about 35 degrees cooler than outside. It makes dressing for the weather impossible. If I wear shorts or a skirt, I'm fine outside, but literally shivering if I try to go somewhere for dinner. Plus, my food gets cold almost immediately. What would be wrong with keeping those places 75-78 in the summer instead of 65? It would be cheaper, more "green," AND 50% of your clientele wouldn't have to keep a damn sweater with them all the time!
I miss Insanity 213!
Bad commercials matter!
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 11:22pm
Yea I did.
Why?
Because I could...and I knew it would generate a pulse.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 45297
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:57am
Did you really just respond to a nearly four year old post????

Somehow I don't think you should be expecting a reply to your somewhat belated reply.
Back to Top
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Status: Offline
Points: 37002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

 ...The humidity makes it hard to breathe! I do like to be cool at night or else I can't sleep, but once my husband leaves for work, the thermostat goes from 68 to 78 so I can feel my toes!

What really sucks about summer in Texas is that most establishments feel the need to overcompensate and keep their stores and restaurants about 35 degrees cooler than outside. It makes dressing for the weather impossible. If I wear shorts or a skirt, I'm fine outside, but literally shivering if I try to go somewhere for dinner. Plus, my food gets cold almost immediately. What would be wrong with keeping those places 75-78 in the summer instead of 65? It would be cheaper, more "green," AND 50% of your clientele wouldn't have to keep a damn sweater with them all the time!
ConfusedOnly problem is, on many of those terribly humid Texas days, if an establishment is a dry 75-78 degrees, then you can smell everyone around you. That just isn't always a good thing.
 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Back to Top
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 714
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I like A/C (even more so at work because of all the electronic sh*t heating up the place even more than the natural warm up), but it's not life support for me like it is for most people down here.  Most everyone I know can't fathom how I can manage a monthly light bill around $100 bucks in the summer.

I typically run my A/C at home (when needed) from 5:15 until about 8:00, with the temp set at 78.  Weekends it runs a little longer since I'm home, say from about 1:00 or 2:00 until 8:00.  I leave it off overnight and while I'm gone. 

With a car though, it's heated up by the sun to about 150 degrees, and down here we have the humidity to boot.  No A/C is a death warrant, even with a convertible.  I don't have one, but you don't see a whole lot of topless cars on the road in the summer months. 


Same here. The humidity makes it hard to breathe! I do like to be cool at night or else I can't sleep, but once my husband leaves for work, the thermostat goes from 68 to 78 so I can feel my toes!

What really sucks about summer in Texas is that most establishments feel the need to overcompensate and keep their stores and restaurants about 35 degrees cooler than outside. It makes dressing for the weather impossible. If I wear shorts or a skirt, I'm fine outside, but literally shivering if I try to go somewhere for dinner. Plus, my food gets cold almost immediately. What would be wrong with keeping those places 75-78 in the summer instead of 65? It would be cheaper, more "green," AND 50% of your clientele wouldn't have to keep a damn sweater with them all the time!
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56330
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 4:47pm
 
^  That's why our temps can be 60 in the morning, and then rise to 100 by 2pm.  We rarely have any clouds in the summer...and with no cloud coverage, there's nothing to keep heat and moisture trapped near the earth's surface. 
 
Last summer, I was a little more liberal with the air-conditioning, simply to make sure ol' Sneakers wouldn't be too uncomfortable.  At times, I've put the A/C on just so that my computer doesn't overheat.  It's upstairs where it's usually 10 degrees warmer than the downstairs.
 
 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.



"CANDIE!"