Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Men's Wearhouse hipsters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men's Wearhouse hipsters
    Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 5:25pm
Saw this one last night.  I think it was around for awhile last year, too.

Does anyone else want a truck to come careening down the street and turn these guys into road pizza?  I'd want them to be crushed into exactly the same pose they're adopting in the commercial.  That guy at the end of the commercial especially has to go.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:02pm
Ya mean the guy in suspenders? Yea. Looks like a banker - run him over.
~~~
Now, as far as 'Larry, HomeyMo, and Squirrly' all mis-dressed-up while sitting and having lunch next to the front-door of the unemployment office (or, well, is that 'Labor Ready')? Yea, go ahead and run them over. They aren't going to school, they aren't ready to work in the kitchen, or the construction jobsite. They're probably either dumb drug dealers or wannabe hip-hop moguls.
I'm thinking 'Men's Warehouse' might be in sickly shape, grasping for whatever business. Maybe they are going through their death throes (we'll know this is the case when they open a store next door to the local, in-hood Timberland shop.
Personally, there are times to still dress up and wear ties, but not everyone faces a judge day after day. Other than that, unless one is in certain market areas, suits and ties are generally a thing of the past. Well-dressed casual is more the norm, although it sometimes makes sense to slap on the light-coloured leisure suit (no tie).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:05pm
Yeah, they don't compel me to buy one of their suits for my boyfriend. Look, all the damn pant legs are way too short!Thumbs Down And that middle guy isn't f*cking wearing socks! Dead

Usually I think a guy in a nice looking suit is pretty hot. Not this...
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:18pm
Yea - I wasn't sure I saw that 'no-socks' scene correctly - just not sure how much tackier one could be. Socks, like underpants, remain 'suggested standard attire accessories'.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Yea - I wasn't sure I saw that 'no-socks' scene correctly - just not sure how much tackier one could be. Socks, like underpants, remain 'suggested standard attire accessories'.

Exactly. Hope those shoes weren't too expensive, cause if he has to do any kind of walking, he's gonna have to work hard to get the stinky foot smell out. Oh, wait, he probably doesn't care. He'll just wonder why everyone (excluding his other "fashion idiotsbuddies" there) is sticking to at least fifty feet away...
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 7:26pm

More like a pretend banker.  In fact, more like a Men's Wearhouse model dressed as a pretend banker in order to demonstrate the look of a pretend banker to hipster customers who want to look like pretend bankers, too.

And that doesn't mean just run him over.  It means run him over and go back and forth over him until he's flattened to the point where he's like one of those masses in the road that you can't identify as anything in particular.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

More like a pretend banker.  In fact, more like a Men's Wearhouse model dressed as a pretend banker in order to demonstrate the look of a pretend banker to hipster customers who want to look like pretend bankers, too.

And that doesn't mean just run him over.  It means run him over and go back and forth over him until he's flattened to the point where he's like one of those masses in the road that you can't identify as anything in particular. 

Shocked...if ya go and do that on a freshly-tarred road, ya could strip him afterwards and re-sell his clothes to some goth ragamuffin! There's 'gold' in them there thoughts of yours, Thor!
Line 'em up, boyos!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Saw this one last night.  I think it was around for awhile last year, too.

Does anyone else want a truck to come careening down the street and turn these guys into road pizza?  I'd want them to be crushed into exactly the same pose they're adopting in the commercial.  That guy at the end of the commercial especially has to go.

Better yet, they deserve to be run down by Bonnie on her Segway and then each one of them raped anally by the old gal who has her CVS. Hipsters are mutants. Sorry folks!
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 7:33am
Gay Hipsters excluded!
I approve this message.
skunkfox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:18pm
wow ...just wow...you guys will just look at anything without knowing sh*t about it and just cause they dont look like ...you or cause they look "fancy" youre all saying "Kill em all, they dont deserve life. We know nothing about anything by looking at an ad, hyuk..."  
Wow...A...Furry...and Bi...I LOVE BEING ME!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:21pm
Glad ya noticed.
You're right.
We DO know.
Run over the lil'fu*ks, I( say.
Any of them coming into *my* shop looking like that are nothing more than a waste of time and a joke on the side.
No, no no no no - they are in NO way going to 'show me how it is done', much less my org.
They're not only not that mature, they're certainly not big enough.
Gimmee a friggin' break, I swear!
skunkfox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:24pm
yes because I bet you are what the heavens says is "Rightly Dressed" or you might be thrown out when you walk into a shop owned by someone who doesnt like your dress cause to them , you are a waste of time
skunkfox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:27pm
those hipsters are better peopel than you probably
skunkfox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:29pm
OH WAIT youre NO DIFFERENT! Because you cast violent judgement because you dont like how they do things, nothing hipsters do is deserving to death, and I DONT LIKE HIPSTERS
skunkfox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:29pm
THUS I dont
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:30pm
WTF?
All I see is guys in suits (and a guy without socks) and you say "Kill 'em all" WTH?
What's pissing you off?
I don't get it how do you know they're hipsters you psychic or something?

WHAT GIVES????
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
skunkfox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:31pm
thank you
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by skunkfox skunkfox wrote:

thank you

LOLSorry to offend you as you work your way into 'The Real World' - just be a grown-up and you'll do fine.

skunkfox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:34pm

Originally posted by skunkfox skunkfox wrote:

thank you

LOLSorry to offend you as you work your way into ;The Real World' - just be a grown-up and you'll do fine.

Im sorry I got so heated man, my bad
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:43pm

Be You.

Be considerate of others' sensativitie requirements and needs, keeping yourself invisible along the way.

If not invisible, always answer the door with an encouraging smile and a willingness to make more meaningful things come to life in a manner where everyone wins, everyone benefits.

Legacy - leave one.for mankind.

Can't lose that way.

You're going to do JUUUUST FINE, my friend!Big smileWink

...and screw trying to look as cool as Men's Warehouse can make you believe you need to look.

skunkfox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skunkfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 11:47pm
Gee very nice :3
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 12:07am
I'm certainly not being sarcastic - hope you are not.
Building professional teams to address business requirements is a day-to-day thing for me.
I don't give a damned what ANYONE says - 'appearance counts'
BE yourself (yet, in a professional manner) - but realize that does not mean LOOK YOURSELF.
'Hiring & Firing' has been part of life for MANY years.

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 12:38am
Hipster wouldn't dare shop at Men's Wearhouse

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 1:16am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Hipster wouldn't dare shop at Men's Wearhouse

LOL"More True Words Have NOT Been Spoken"Thumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

WTF?

I don't get it how do you know they're hipsters you psychic or something?

WHAT GIVES????

It's the uber self-conscious clothes and poses.  The pretentious hats, the sloppily-tied neckties, the bad hair, the jacket collar turned up, etc.  Mainly, it's the way they pretend not to care how they look (yet we know that there's nothing more important to them than how they look). 

That guy at 7 seconds looks like Red Skelton.  He just looks incredibly silly to me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic