Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too many "blur-outs"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too many "blur-outs"
    Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 2:51pm
You know how brand names and logos are blurred out on clothes and products on "reality" shows?  I know they have to avoid "advertising", but it's getting ridiculous! Angry
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 3:17pm
I just pretend that they're actually blurring out some offensive insult to the person wearing them.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 4:23pm
This leads me to a different question.  Why do so many people wear such clothing? 
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 5:07pm
That's a good one, Thor... Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever bought anything that has the brand name on the outside of it... 
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 11:35pm
I'd imagine most of the shirts are freebies, probably picked up at radio station promotional events or the like....
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

This leads me to a different question.  Why do so many people wear such clothing? 

Which leads me to yet another question. People actually watch reality shows?Sleepy
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Which leads me to yet another question. People actually watch reality shows?Sleepy

Well, I like watching "Cops", which is a REAL reality show, and once in a while they gray out t-shirt logos also, and I've seen them gray out obscene tattoos on suspects.

I don't know if this has had it's own thread or not, but it is on topic with this thread: I fail to understand why anyone would buy and wear Tommy Hilfiger clothing and accessories. I've no idea who the dweeb is, and I see no reason to give him free advertising by wearing his stuff. And I don't like the styling of his stuff much, even if it didn't have his name and logo on it. The old Levi's Jeans did it right: a very small LEVI tag sewn to one of the back pockets. Small enough to be hardly noticeable, and easily cut off if the wearer didn't want it.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 11:08am
They also do this on news to cover up the original sources logo, it ruins the picture plus it looks just plain odd. I HATE IT! PLEASE NO BLURRING!!!!! just place your logo over the original source's IT'S NOT THAT HARD!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 1:03pm
Was up late watching MANswers (total trash entertainment) and the blurring is rampant. When they were explaining how to act during an elevator crash, there was a quick shot of elevator doors closing, and they even blurred out the "OTIS" on the floor of the elevator Wacko
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

That's a good one, Thor... Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever bought anything that has the brand name on the outside of it... 

I want to kill the next person I see wearing a "West Coast Choppers" t-shirt.

Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 6:00pm
Hey Thor, maybe you could write to the new President- I have a feeling Obama might mandate that all owners of these t-shirts be executed Tongue
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

They also do this on news to cover up the original sources logo, it ruins the picture plus it looks just plain odd. I HATE IT! PLEASE NO BLURRING!!!!! just place your logo over the original source's IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

Yeah, especially when it isn't "blurred enough" and you can see through it.    Or when there's a huge blue and red blob on the left side of the screen(that's OBVIOUSLY a FOX O&O station bug!) Wink   
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2009 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Was up late watching MANswers (total trash entertainment) and the blurring is rampant. When they were explaining how to act during an elevator crash, there was a quick shot of elevator doors closing, and they even blurred out the "OTIS" on the floor of the elevator Wacko

Like anyone is considering purchasing an elevator for personal use.

Elevators suck. Otis and Dover are the worst.
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic