Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tide Pods-Safety (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tide Pods-Safety (video)
    Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 1:15pm
I've been bitching about this product for years, stupid f**king idiots and their candy colored pods.
Here's proof they admit there might be a small problem, assbags!!  AngryAngryAngry

Sponsored Links

Dr.HortonWho View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr.HortonWho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 5:07pm
I grew up during a time when parents knew to keep bad stuff out of our reach. I think it's sad that they have to be TOLD to do it these days.

Of course, back in those days, we didn't have lawyers hovering over every damned thing in our lives.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 4:22am
You'd think that during product testing they'd have somebody taste the goo inside.  But then,  maybe kids don't have a developed sense of taste, or they scarf it down without tasting it (like they'd probably do with a handful of candy), so any nasty flavoring added wouldn't work anyway.  I expect that the next step will be packaging each pod in a child-proof capped container...
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 5:05am
Is this a PSA?  Is this supposed to make me want to rush out and buy Tide Pods?  Don't they put a [BIG] warning on the container?  Can they childproof the lid like the prescription bottles have been rigged?

I don't like the adults talking the babies' thoughts.  Of course if the babies talked themselves, we wouldn't understand them.  Wink

To me, this means having Tide pods around is a dangerous thing.  Unhappy
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 6:20am
My Grandson taught me to refer to the caps as adult proof/child resistant! He was just barely starting to walk so I'm thinking about 14 months. He was sitting on the floor and unzipped my backpack producing my bottle of Zertec. He was shaking it like a rattle. How cute. He suddenly clamped it between his feet pushing and twisting the cap sending it flying! Never underestimate kids. Wherever you hide something they will find it. No matter how much out of reach they will reach it. I don't understand why people pay double for Tide, much less paying even more for Pods.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 5:07pm
These s$%t heads can't think of making this product LESS enticing to kids? By oh, I don't know maybe NOT making it in bright shiny colors!!??
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:15pm

There's some Mex cleaning solution in the stores that looks quite delicious.  It's called Fabuloso.  First time I saw it, I thought maybe it was some kinda juice or soda.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:19pm
I've always thought Windex looks delicious.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

There's some Mex cleaning solution in the stores that looks quite delicious.  It's called Fabuloso.  First time I saw it, I thought maybe it was some kinda juice or soda.

I have been enticed to take a swig of that stuff, myself. Its so tempting! I then remember that I might get sick/die if I do that. So then the temptation is gone.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:48pm
I don't have ids so I'm no expert on this subject, but aren't kids attracted to primary colors? Why don't they just make these stupid pods dishwater grey and beige?

And yeah, put the friggin things up and out of reach. As a kid, I certainly don't remember wanting to play with a big box of Bold laundry detergent.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I have been enticed to take a swig of that stuff, myself. Its so tempting! I then remember that I might get sick/die if I do that. So then the temptation is gone.

Oftentimes, I see them on the endcaps at the stores, rather than in the cleaning supply section.  When you see them there, they can fool you for a second.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 5:05am
^^ I can imagine some kids snorting up lines of Tide powder detergent from a mirror "just like daddy does!"  LOL

Quote Thor wrote:

I think it's the same in Finland;  You can't go by the colors in the bottle or on the packaging of whether it's edible or safe to eat, you have to be able to read Finnish to identify what it is.  Bet that makes a small dent in the non-Finnish literate immigrants every year...
"No, that blue stuff was not mouthwash.  It was toilet bowl cleaner."
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

These s$%t heads can't think of making this product LESS enticing to kids? By oh, I don't know maybe NOT making it in bright shiny colors!!??
Right?  Instead of making a product that is visually unappealing to children, they keep making the same "enticing" product, and advertise that parents should keep it out of reach.  Way to show that you care, idiots!  Is this supposed to lessen your liability when some harried parent accidentally leaves the stupid Tide Pods within reach of children?  I guess that these bright colored pods ALSO appeal to adults, because what good is laundry detergent if it's not flashy and pretty?  Unreal.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 3:07pm

^  Don't forget the upward-slanting logos on the packaging.  They just about all have that (Purex seems to be the exception here, and who the hell buys that?).  Makes the product look somehow more exciting, I guess.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:10pm
Interesting observation !!!
I wonder what these products look like in Israel? (Hebrew)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 6:44pm
Who cares what they look like? Package stying and coloring means a lot to corporate sales. They leave common sense to those that purchase their products. HOPEFULLY, parents are smart enough to keep these things out of the reach of their children...otherwise, they don't need children and we just have another way of cleaning the fringes of the gene pool by using cleaning products. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Who cares what they look like? Package stying and coloring means a lot to corporate sales. They leave common sense to those that purchase their products. HOPEFULLY, parents are smart enough to keep these things out of the reach of their children...otherwise, they don't need children and we just have another way of cleaning the fringes of the gene pool by using cleaning products. 

Clap

All the same, though. From a corporate standpoint, it wouldn't hurt to make the goo inside battleship gray, and make the part that dissolves smell/taste like unwashed butt. I can't see many adults really giving three good craps what the things look like, so they don't need to be "cute".
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:41pm
IMO, this PSA/ad is a complete copout who's only purpose is to tell parents a couple of things that, unless they're completely moronic, they already know - eating laundry detergent is bad, and kids like to put things in their mouths.  This ad is a complete waste of advertising space, just like most ads.  Their message is, we make our poisonous product extremely yummy looking to kids so that adults who like shiny things will buy it, and fk u if you don't like it.  Nice job.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Interesting observation !!!
I wonder what these products look like in Israel? (Hebrew)

Same, but in the wrong direction.  Yeah, I know it's wrong to say "wrong".  LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

IMO, this PSA/ad is a complete copout who's only purpose is to tell parents a couple of things that, unless they're completely moronic, they already know - eating laundry detergent is bad, and kids like to put things in their mouths.  This ad is a complete waste of advertising space, just like most ads.  Their message is, we make our poisonous product extremely yummy looking to kids so that adults who like shiny things will buy it, and fk u if you don't like it.  Nice job.

Yeah, "If your kid eats this and dies... we warned you".
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:39pm
What bothers me most is that they are depicting very small toddlers who are still exploring with their mouths as the ones who are eating these. Those are not the same kids that are having issues with this product. Older toddlers and school age kids pushing a chair up to the washing machine to get at the colorful candy pods are. Way to minimize the issue ass holes. Hell, I was at least 5 when I was still trying to eat the food shaped magnets on my grandma's fridge. She had one that was a styrofoam toast and it looked and felt LIKE REAL TOAST. So I was convinced I could eat it. Knowing that, I won't bother to buy pods ever. They aren't safe around kids period and they're overpriced, like seriously, pouring detergent is NOT THAT HARD.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:46pm
Hell, you don't even have to pour it any more. I still have that roller ball thing you just huck in the washer after you push the little bulb on the bottle to fill it up. I don't do pods for laundry, or dishwasher. I haven't reached that special level of "lazy" yet.

LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:34pm

I just pour detergent from the bottle into the machine.  I don't measure anything.  Hell, I've been doing this long enough to know that being exact doesn't make a damned bit of difference.  Close enough is good enough.  It's just laundry.

I washed my car yesterday.  The soap bottle says 4 capfuls per gallon of water.  To hell with that.  I just poured some soap into a bucket and added water.  I have no idea if I got the ratios correct.  The car's clean and that's what matters.  Hell, I probably could've used plain water.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:42pm

Man, Every time I see that stuff, I am just ITCHIN to crack open a bottle & take a swig!!!

They should give it a fruity scent just to make it more enticing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 9:44pm

All the flavors look good.  I'd probably wanna mix the blue raspberry with the grape.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic