Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This may sound silly, but(t)...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This may sound silly, but(t)...
    Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 1:31am
The world would be a better place if we swapped the sizes of paper towels & bathroom tissue.
i find that most times i need a paper towel i really only need about one quarter of its full size to wipe up a little counter dampness.

Bathroom tissue would benefit from paper towel size by giving one, cough, full coverage with each sheet.

As far as I know paper towels don't flush correctly.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 1:41am

Never really thought about it, but ya know, MM00 - I think you may have unlocked a few of life's small mysteries.
1.) You are RIGHT about the size! I know I generally end up wasting maybe up to 1/2 of each paper towel, when I'm using it *properly*...
2.) When I'm using them *improperly* (and I do), ONE is always *just enough*, doncha know! And the finger never pokes through.
But they indeed don't usually flush right, so - take it from me - save 'em up until it gets dark and then toss 'em over the fence into the neighbor's yard. Better than clogging the toilet.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 5:43am

One of the brands of paper towel (Viva, maybe)---is perforated to tear off half-sheet sizes.

The world is now halfway to becoming a better place.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 7:26am
It's Bounty, Select-a-size and I love them.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's Bounty, Select-a-size and I love them.

Bounty, Brawny, and others have gone half sheet.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 1:25pm
For some reason, my mother just hates those Select-a-Size paper towels; me on the other hand, I love them.
Makes for much less waste when I only need to wipe up a small spill.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 3:59am
We got focused on the paper towel issue, but for me the bigger issue is that when you need to wipe, a paper towel is wide enough to cover your whole hand in one sheet. Toilet paper requires bunching up tons of it to get your hand covered.  This is why I want the wider paper towel sheets.
In fact to the opposite, Scott tissue just reduced the width of their toilet roll by about an inch in the last year. They can still claim that they have a thousand sheets or whatever, but they are much narrower, thus increasing the hand covering problem.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 1:45pm

^  Some people use baby wipes.  Those might be bigger. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:32pm
^Some people only use water...try living outside of the U.S. of A. for a bit....you'll learn a whole new meaning for the word, 'EARTHY'...

(DisapproveOur days in France really were nostril-openers/gag-reflex testers, now and then...)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic