Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Worst Commercials of 2018 Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by OperatorStandingBy OperatorStandingBy wrote:

The commercial for the "Colon Guard" (sp?) at-home colon cancer screening test thingy.   Ermm

¡¡¡HUSOOS CRISTO EN UNA NORIA!!!
Another "talking box" advert that makes me want to come at the Colo Guard box with a Bernz-O-Matic torch!!!  

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm
I guess if I sent a stool sample to Geico they might consider me a terrorist...I'd like to take a huge dump on the front steps of their corporate headquarters.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I guess if I sent a stool sample to Geico they might consider me a terrorist...I'd like to take a huge dump on the front steps of their corporate headquarters.
WinkMake it two - do one for me, please. That would be the time you're in Chevy Chase, Maryland (right outside of Washington, DC). And yea, if I'm there first, I'll do one for you - but what's up with Geico and the Green Dolphin at the Virginia Beach office? I think I would like to poop on the dolphin.
Photo of GEICO Regional Office - Virginia Beach, VA, United States. This is the GEICO sign and GEICO Dolphin as you enter the GEICO property. Â&nbsp;Photo taken July 19, 2018.

Image result for geico corporate headquarters
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:58pm
Confused Did anyone mention FIOS and their genius spokesbrat? I still want to take this kid into an alley and make him cry.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused Did anyone mention FIOS and their genius spokesbrat? I still want to take this kid into an alley and make him cry.

You mean the lisping mincing kid with the frizzies? He's from NJ and has an Italian name and, I believe some disease or condition. The thought is tempting taking him to an alley and working him over but, you don't want that on the karma/God list against you. I say do some mental games. Tell him, the Oscars are going to be hosted by Roseanne Barr. That will start him on the water works. What would really seal that deal would be telling him the Tony's are cancelled this year and next year they will be hosted by [name redacted] and a pay per view event only. Or tell him that POTUS Trump will ban show tunes from broadcast TV and radio. Go POTUS Donald in that case.

And no PA Wolfe, I'm not being homophobic. I bet many LGBTQ folks could do without him too.
I approve this message.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

^^ LOL  

^ Yes, unfortunately, the adtards want all blacks to be depicted as ghetto rappers.  Unhappy

see i agree 1000% and apparently, there is mediocre talent that COMPLIES with this kind of stereotypical portrayals
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:27pm
that nugget is from Stranger Things..he's okay in a damaged way
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

^^ LOL  

^ Yes, unfortunately, the adtards want all blacks to be depicted as ghetto rappers.  Unhappy
DisapproveIndeed and this is another way of undoing some of what we accomplished during the Civil Rights Era and I REALLY do not like this as it is also fodder to feed racism once again. People are proving they learned little from history and I DO CLEARLY see wedges and walls between races, religions, personal preferences, and equal rights going back up in uglier than ever fashions - all 'under the radar', if not subliminal...this is all very dangerous.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

You mean the lisping mincing kid with the frizzies? He's from NJ and has an Italian name and, I believe some disease or condition. The thought is tempting taking him to an alley and working him over but, you don't want that on the karma/God list against you. I say do some mental games. Tell him, the Oscars are going to be hosted by Roseanne Barr. That will start him on the water works. What would really seal that deal would be telling him the Tony's are cancelled this year and next year they will be hosted by [name redacted] and a pay per view event only. Or tell him that POTUS Trump will ban show tunes from broadcast TV and radio. Go POTUS Donald in that case.

And no PA Wolfe, I'm not being homophobic. I bet many LGBTQ folks could do without him too.
WinkNaw, nawww, ZJ - you aren't - in fact, you edikated me some and I APPRECIATE it!
What I get out of this is the poor kid may not live a full life - he's gonna die and that's that.
To cut to the chase, our challenge is to let him know his life may have more meaning if he can get away from commercials.
Am I going to Hell?
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:59pm
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:32pm
idk if using BING CROSBY will win u any support from any under 60..but agreed, there is a SLIGHT creative pulse behind rap but not enough to forgive stealing, plagiarism and a general cut & paste w/o ANY true innovation in that music. Theres some (Beasties, De La Soul etc) that transcend but its dum music for dum people--kinda like the crap Country that currently enjoys popularity--Lowest Common Denominator!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

idk if using BING CROSBY will win u any support from any under 60..but agreed, there is a SLIGHT creative pulse behind rap but not enough to forgive stealing, plagiarism and a general cut & paste w/o ANY true innovation in that music. Theres some (Beasties, De La Soul etc) that transcend but its dum music for dum people--kinda like the crap Country that currently enjoys popularity--Lowest Common Denominator!
Only crap I could tolerate (and not so much, now), was the theme from 'Justified' (BEST series ever on FX)
...or maybe this little gem from one of my other favorite shows, 'Trailer Park Boys'
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:33pm

Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

WinkNaw, nawww, ZJ - you aren't - in fact, you edikated me some and I APPRECIATE it!
What I get out of this is the poor kid may not live a full life - he's gonna die and that's that.
To cut to the chase, our challenge is to let him know his life may have more meaning if he can get away from commercials.
Am I going to Hell?

PAW: I don't think you will. Down below would be a very busy place. I do however stay out of the judgment derby as I have many Eddie Hascal, Bart Simpson, Kartman etc. Though this dude has a tough road ahead, at least he's working and earning though annoying to us. I feel and hope he will get a signature character role on the big screen or TV. Got to start somewhere. Beats waiting tables, greeting at China Mart etc. Madison Ave. for better or for worse latches on to these folk and strip mines their talent. He seems to enjoy what he's doing. Better also than being on the bad side of high school life with bullying, hot cheerleaders only using him if they need something from them. In his case it may be classmates in the theater department.
I approve this message.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:10pm
Worst of this, or any year.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Worst of this, or any year.

So far, by a landslide!
I approve this message.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:08am
That one is airing on one of my local over-the-air stations and is sponsored by Interstate Batteries. I can't stand it either, even though I do love God. Just corny and stupid! Apparently it's been airing occasionally since 2009 but I haven't seen it until now.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:01pm
All Mayhem, KFC, PCMatic, and JG Wentworth(the ones that use opera).
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 3:56am
GOOD FOOD - needs to be on this list - I frickn hate that dumb voice that says *Good* *Food* Also how lazy does someone have to be to order raw groceries with a recipe to their door? What if the guy who handpicks and packs your pre-ready meals never washes his hands? perhaps he has Hep B or C? Why would you put your health in someone elses’s filthy hands?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic