Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Nationwide commercial with the male singer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Nationwide commercial with the male singer
    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:24pm

I hate this commercial! I just do for many reasons. Maybe others may find it odd but I just really despise this commercial and I find the guy singing to have an annoying voice.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:33pm
Perhaps it's because we're being serenaded so sensitively about a car insurance company.  Imagine that happening in real life.  That would suck.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 1:34am
I think it's the phoniness of it that is so galling.

The fact that these companies will do anything to get your business.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:59pm
This is saccarine BS. Not only is he annoying. He's singing about a freaking insurance company! C'mon GMAFB!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 6:32pm
Yeah!  Gay black guys singing aren't enough to make me switch.

Now if Brad Paisley (and his wife) want to 'Sling' with me and my wife, I'll sign up for collision!  Evil Smile
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 1:33am
Who is he trying to be like, the next John Legend?  I hate the singing famous or semi-famous or wannabe famous people singing Nationwide is on Your Side.  This guy fluttering his eyelashes at the end.  Ugh.
mrsteve809 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsteve809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:11am
No insurance company is ever on YOUR side. They're on THEIR side. They fight you tooth and nail when you make a claim. They gouge you with their pricing and hidden fees and deductibles. It's disgusting to me that they use singers to polish up the bullsh*t and that these singers are just tools for these liars, all to make that extra few bucks. So much for credibility
"If you're in advertising or marketing, kill yourself" - Bill Hicks, comedian.
wwhitecat1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwhitecat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 9:01pm
I hate this commercial also.  The guys voice is so annoying.  He would be good as a means of punishing someone.  Lock the person in a room and have this song played over and over until the person cracks. I would last maybe 5 minutes before I cracked. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic