Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:50pm
I also cleaned up the garage and pulled the snowblower out of the shed. When I say cleaned that means I swept the floor.  I cut up 2 X 4's for kindling and sometimes split wood with a maul for easier starts. Sawdust and chunks of wood build up.
Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2...Say what?
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:02pm
I had an ambitious plan of things to do today, I got some of it done. First of all, it was as cold as hell...Confused.

It was 22 degrees this morning and that means a hard frost, I couldn't start mulching leaves until 10:00.
Between walking around with the blower and riding the tractor, I'm gonna need a second aspirin today.

I'll take Mama with me to Poy Sippi tomorrow to buy some wood before the precipitation arrives.
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:24am
Went into Ace today for arch parts.  There was an employee at the opposite end of an aisle, setting up an endcap display.  I heard a crash & looked down the aisle.  Mentally said W... T... F... when I noticed there was somebody under it.  So I went over and shifted a metal panel off his face, and lifted the back panel away so he could get out from under it.  He was a bit dazed.  Asked if he was okay (he said he was, probably more embarrassed than anything), so I went on my way.  

Later in the day, the door-to-door AT&T reps came by to try to sell me a bundle deal.  The big doof making the sales pitch didn't even know what AOL was LOL.  Sent them away after they wasted 3 minutes of my day...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:09pm
An exciting day for all the gun deer season hunters in these parts.  Let's go shoot a beautiful, defenseless animal for the meat and the antlers.

Mama is attending a hunter's widow weekend flea market and let's get baked sale. I'm kidding , dammit!

No,  over at the Fin and Feather they are giving free space for local people to sell their arts and crafts.
She has been making jewelry for years and this may be the chance that we see some some real money back in the checking account.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
When we lived in Schenectady (+/-12 years ago), my next-door neighbors were a really nice young Cuban family who barely spoke English, but they worked hard to make it. The husband would go deer hunting every weekend, which means he would dress and clean his kill right in the backyard. Of course the city frowned upon it when the stench, along with bloody deer/buck heads on the family picnic table were left out overnight in the summer and turned into a fly/maggot fest within a day - then they'd come and offer some fresh deer meat.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:07am
I've been spending several hours a day cleaning up various parts of the house, I'm in the kitchen this morning.  The lighting is so poor in this house that I brought in this utility light I had in the garage.

I put a 100 watt flood light bulb in it.

Our Maytag range oven has 2 pieces of glass in the door, I don't understand how it can get so dirty in between the glass or how the hell I can get in there and clean it.  Maybe I can find something online.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:40pm
Can you take the inside panel of the oven door off?

Or maybe just buy a whole new oven.
Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 1:32pm
The instructions I found online were not very accurate, I managed to get the outer panel of glass out. Pretty simple really.

Edit:  There are 4 pieces of glass...It looks a lot better now.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm
Never once considered doing that with my oven.  I'd clean what I could...and be done with it.  The whole thing needed to be replaced anyway.  The digital info/clock mechanism thing wasn't working right, and being from the 80s, this part was no longer available. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102
  Share Topic