Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember using the System Restore thing on my Dell a few times. It always felt like cheating.

I had a laptop I used to have to do that on occasionally.

PITA.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember using the System Restore thing on my Dell a few times. It always felt like cheating.

I had a laptop I used to have to do that on occasionally.

PITA.

Not to mention it takes a long time for it to complete.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 5:22pm
For some reason, my wireless mouse quit working this morning.  I can't go more than a few hours without my interweb.  I don't like to drive in the dark but this was a desperate situation.  The only 24 hour store in this redneck town was out of AA batteries.  Angry  I fiddle f*cked around with the mouse, took out the battery and farted on it.  Ta Dah  It's working great!  I bought some batteries  and I think the page on the screen was hiding my mouse pointer.  I used the keyboard to scroll and exit.

I asked the ex out on a date, sort of.  I'm texting with Sandy today.

I finally got the medical records from Mercy in Oshkosh, should be some interesting reading.  Confused

Sorry, what these doctors say will have an effect on if the insurance company pays or not.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 5:32pm
Why did I come here?  I'm sorry, I'm a little scatter brained today.  Oh yeah!

I did it again yesterday!  I should have stopped at the French Dip & Swiss with two Potato Cakes.  No!

I just had to eat the last two pieces of pizza!  BLOATED TOAD!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 5:34pm
Bloated Toad is my favorite state of being.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 5:37pm
I had some epic farts too!  It's amazing how the shpinktor can tell the difference between a liquid and a gas.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Bloated Toad is my favorite state of being.

LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 4:25pm
This is what it looks like when you are a worthless f*ck!  I don't have my wife, I have this $900 snoblower that won't run.  I sent the guy an email.   Happy New Ye4ar!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 1:30pm
It's a holiday miracle! I got the snowblower running, it's a beast!  I needed to take a break though.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 2:27pm
Goncratulations!!!! Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 2:37pm
Yank Thou!  LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 2:53am
Glad you got your snow blower working.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 2:45pm
I've been talking to this woman from Appleton. She's younger than I am by two years.  Why do old people look so bad?  I can't see myself in the mirror so I don't know how old and ugly I am.  I threw away the Kindle years ago...I could see how old and fugly I was on the screen.  The reflection...

This woman drinks Jack Daniels straight up, she also has MS.  I have my problems too.

Gotta love that Marvin Gaye song.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 5:14pm
Hey!  Jiimmaay!  Do you like big boats?  The wife and I had a 24 foot Bayliner with a nice Cuddy Cab.  We camped out on it several times. I brought a gas camping stove along for breakfast.  If you want to drool over things we can not have...Go to her sight.  I love her shirt!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Hey!  Jiimmaay!  Do you like big boats?  The wife and I had a 24 foot Bayliner with a nice Cuddy Cab.  We camped out on it several times. I brought a gas camping stove along for breakfast.  If you want to drool over things we can not have...Go to her sight.  I love her shirt!

I've always heard that the two happiest days of a boat owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. Wink

That having been said, I would LOVE to go on a moonlight cruise with HER!!!! Evil Smile Tongue

And I think she would be a more effective spokesperson if she did the video in a teeny bikini. Big smile

I suppose if I were rich enough to afford to buy a boat like one of those, I'd still just rent one whenever I got the hankering to take a gal like her out boating.

Boats can become real money pits especially if you have to keep them docked at a marina  somewhere.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 5:49pm
LOL
Good answer!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 5:33am
Played Banana Claus yesterday, giving away over 20 lbs of bananas to the neighborhood (around 100lbs total for this year.) Can't stand the damn things anymore, won't even buy them in the store...  Dead
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 8:34am

Ahhhh, memories. I used to give out bags of oranges to neighbors in California. Oranges stay good for a surprisingly long time. The rind can get hard and dry, but the inside's still juicy and delicious. Sometimes they'd last 5 months, not even refrigerated.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 6:22pm
No 'free food' for me!

I bought some salt 'ice melt' today. My freaking roof has no gutters so it starts dripping water on my sidewalk. In conditions like these the water then freezes up making it very slippery. Ouch

I washed the truck, it was really needing it. There is still snow on the step bars and the rear bumper. It cleaned up pretty well.,

Made the bed, took the recycle stuff to the can and put the other one out on the street.  The f8cking utility bill was $177, I'll have to look but the last bill was about $115....iT WAS $126. Freaking cap lock!

I wonder how Sgt Rock is...Happy Birthday DarkFather!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 5:28pm
The weirdest thing ever?  I had a dream/nightmare about Trump.  I/we, a friend or co-worker were at his place. Or more like a place where I used to work.  He didn't like the noise I was making with my feet and legs.  He picked me up by the nap of my neck and threw me out of the place!  He then drove me and my friend/coworker to a park.  I knew we were in trouble so I turned the picnic table into a teeter totter.  He landed flat on his back, I was hoping he was dead.  But!  The SOAB stood up and started chasing us with a hand gun.  He was shooting at us.  The ending is kinda fuzzy but I think a close friend was there to help me.

Hey, Jiimmaay!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 6:06pm
Few things more fun than a weird dream. Thumbs Up

Hey, aka ronnnnaay!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:36pm
Another day in my life...It's not easy to be me!  I did get some stuff done today.  I had some running around to do.  Buy stamps, gas, groceries and a treat for myself.  I have this one medical group that is very persistent when it comes to the money I owe.  Dr's. Omar and Abdul want their moolah!  Fer f*ck sakes!  I've sent them $1500 already.  Midwest Nephrology?  I'm going to have to look that up!  Oh!  I don't want to leave out Dr. Deepac Sharma. These are the guys trying to keep me in the hospital while I told them all along I can't afford this.

Grub / Hub  Tongue

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:23pm
I've been wanting to move my desk over enough to put the filing cabinet on that side.  I had to move the computer tower and make sure the wires were long enough.  Success!  I did this for two reasons. I'm closer to the TV and there is this huge crack in my fake wood floor right where my chair is.  I just ordered this thing...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:32pm
Those things are handy.

I used to have one in my other room back when I had a tower computer with a desk top monitor.

I had it on carpet, though.

It was clear and had those little nubs on the bottom to grab the carpet and hold it in place.

It finally cracked.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 6:01pm

I just saw my new used car in this Carvana ad. It's the blue Honda that the person's getting rid of. It looks exactly like the one I just bought. Mine's a year newer, though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 197>
  Share Topic