Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!
    Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:27pm
Hey you guys! Here's an idea I got from another board. You air out the common/petty/annoying things that you encounter or notice in life that irk your nerves. I'll start.

- When people spell my name wrong. Come on, people! What's so hard about ALLISON? It has 2 L's, not one! Yesterday I received an email from someone at my church and she added a whole bunch of extra letters to my name. It seriously irked me but I didn't say anything about it, just signed my name to let her see how my name was really spelled. It's bad enough that people forget my name, but do you have to add insult to injury by spelling it wrong, too? That's that sh*t I don't like!

- When people misuse than/then. Seriously?! Do you REALLY need to go back to grammar school? Even some of my friends do this and it irks me to no end. You sound really stupid and ignorant when you write things like "I'd rather eat glass THEN go bungee jumping". When you say that, you're telling me that you will eat glass first and go bungee jumping right after. I'd rather you fall off a cliff THEN get hit by a truck THAN read your illiterate nonsense!
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:33pm
^^  I have the exact same problem with my last name .. it contains 2 L's but unless I spell it out, 999 times out of 1000 the person will only put 1 L.

Inconsiderate assholes who pour their drink out in the convenience store parking lot right outside their driver's side door.  If it was just water & ice, it would be no big deal as it would dry up and be like it was never there.  But it's pretty much always soda or coffee, leaving a sticky mess right there for the next person who parks in that spot to step into when they get out of their car.  That's the sh*t I don't like Angry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:35pm

Misspellings drive me nuts, too.  Worse than that, though, is the absence of punctuation.  I hate having to decipher someone's writing before I can even begin to understand what they're actually saying.  There are some here at CIH who combine several sentences with absolutely no break in between it really bugs me.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:39pm
^^ Ridiculous & Privilege seem to be the most difficult words for some people to spell, usually misspelled Rediculous and Privilage.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

- When people spell my name wrong. Come on, people! What's so hard about ALLISON? It has 2 L's, not one! Yesterday I received an email from someone at my church and she added a whole bunch of extra letters to my name. It seriously irked me but I didn't say anything about it, just signed my name to let her see how my name was really spelled. It's bad enough that people forget my name, but do you have to add insult to injury by spelling it wrong, too? That's that sh*t I don't like!

Some people purposely set up their kids for that.  Some friends just named their newborn girl, Kassidie.  She's gonna be spelling that for people for the rest of her life.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:03pm

My on-line weather forecast for today says "Sunny/Windy, chance of rain".  Tonight will be "Clear, chance of rain".  How?  C'mon people, you're the Weather Channel!  This is what you do!  Get it right!

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:09pm
^^ Right now they're more concerned with Yogi and Boo Boo.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-forecast/winter-storm-yogi-20130415

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Misspellings drive me nuts, too.  Worse than that, though, is the absence of punctuation.  I hate having to decipher someone's writing before I can even begin to understand what they're actually saying.  There are some here at CIH who combine several sentences with absolutely no break in between it really bugs me.

It can really make a difference..

"Let's eat grandma."

"Let's eat, grandma."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:31pm

They're never concerned with our weather here.  Maybe it's 'cuz we really don't get much.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

It can really make a difference..

"Let's eat grandma."

"Let's eat, grandma."

Especially my Grandma.  There's not enough of her to feed an ant, at this point.  But when she was alive, there was enough to feed an army.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 6:36pm
Here's some more sh*t I don't like.

- When people can't do simple tasks, like re-filling an ice tray. At home, I've seen my oldest sister use ice bits to cool her drink instead of bothering to put new ice in the bucket. As someone who likes their drinks ice cold, it really pisses me off when I go for some ice only to find the bucket completely empty. It's even worse at work. They will take ice from the ice tray and leave the empty tray AND bucket in the freezer! AngryAngry That's some lazy-ass sh*t that I REALLY don't like!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 6:49pm
There are so many...but these two happened in the last few days.

My last name:  CVS asks for last name and I say Westfall and about half the time they are looking for Wes Fall?  I see them in the first part of the alphabet.  Now I say, "My last name is Westfall." They are doing better.

For years it has bug the crap out of me when someone leaves "time" on the microwave when they finish and I need to clear it before I can use it.  Petty, you say, well, my boss says that it only takes a second to clear it off so what am I griping about--yeah, it justs takes a second so why don't YOU do it when its your use.

Oh yeah, I hate to be totally ignored at any store/restaurant.  I tip really well, and I am not difficult to wait on (I usually have a drink at bar while waiting on takeout).  However, when I clearly and plainly ask for something or some service that is part of the regular service I don't expect people to completely act like I never opened my mouth.  Just pisses me off; and if I tip them poorly then they would never think it's because the didn't get good service, its because I am a middle-aged female who doesn't tip well--if they only knew. Some of my  little, regular kids at various places love to see me walk in the door!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 6:59pm
And another one:  why do spouts on coffee carafes, pitchers, etc. have to leak, or will only pour so much at a time.  I just spilled water as I was pouring it into the water resevoir of my coffee maker.  I'm sure there is a reason but it is damned annoying.  Why can't you pour it as fast as you want? Who said Mr. Coffee should get to set the water rate limit on how much/quickly I pour? Wacko
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 7:30pm
People at the grocery store who stop their cart sideways in the aisle when they're price comparing on the shelves so that it's blocking the entire aisle.  And of course, it they see you coming and have to stop what they're doing to adjust their cart so you can get by, they give you the look as if you're the jerk for inconveniencing them.

Also in grocery stores, people that hold up the line longer than necessary to make the sacker do a price check because an item rang up all of ten cents higher than what the price said on the shelf. 

Or the ones who wait until the cashier gives the total before they bother to get their checkbook out to write the check (happens less commonly now since check cards are a lot more prominent than checks these days). 

That also goes back to when I delivered pizzas.  The customer has a friggin' half hour after they place the order to make the check out, yet they wait until the driver gets there to do so.  Countless times they'd answer the door with: "Hello, how much was it again?" "XX.XX" "Okay let me go find my checkbook."  FIND your checkbook?? What in the hell were you doing all this time since you called in your order Lady, paddling the pink canoe??  Great, now I get to wait for you to find your damn checks in addition to writing out a check (with a whopping $1 tip included).

I could do an entire list from my pizza delivering experiences alone.  There were plenty of positives about the job, but holy hell were there many things about it that pissed me off Angry

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Or the ones who wait until the cashier gives the total before they bother to get their checkbook out to write the check (happens less commonly now since check cards are a lot more prominent than checks these days). 

I've griped about that a few times here.  It seems it's mainly women and the older folk who even use a checkbook these days.  And not only do they wait until the order's all rung up to pull out their checkbook, they also have to stand there and record it in the checkbook before they'll move on.

Worse, though, are the people on government assistance.  They have welfare money on a card, WIC money on checks, and cash that they use to pay for the ineligible items...so I have to wait for three transactions to be completed before it's my turn.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:19pm
Paying my gas bill by phone is a drag.  It repeats back everything I key in (which I have to verify).  It asks how much I want to pay, and then repeats it back---and then adds in the service charge and repeats back the total with the service charge.  Then it transfers me over to their payment center, which proceeds to ask me the very same questions.  There's a whole buncha other stuff I have to do, too.  I've timed it (well, my phone does).  It takes 6 and 1/2 minutes from start to finish.  Very annoying.  Oh, and the payment verification number isn't the usual 6-digit thing.  It's like a friggin' VIN number, fer Chrissakes.

I get very annoyed when I have to pay this bill---to the point that I once actually got a 15-day notice, simply because I hadn't wanted to deal with their pay-by-phone thing.  It's that annoying.

I pay every other bill on line.  So, I guess the solution is obvious.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:31pm
New sports logos especially ones designed by Nike! They just blandized the Uconn Huskies logo into something predictable, an angry snarling dog, yawn. I will miss the friendly UNIQUE white happy dog with it's tongue sticking out sob
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:38pm

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I've griped about that a few times here.  It seems it's mainly women and the older folk who even use a checkbook these days.  And not only do they wait until the order's all rung up to pull out their checkbook, they also have to stand there and record it in the checkbook before they'll move on.

Worse, though, are the people on government assistance.  They have welfare money on a card, WIC money on checks, and cash that they use to pay for the ineligible items...so I have to wait for three transactions to be completed before it's my turn.

I worked as a cashier one Christmas at Wal-Mart.  The WIC stuff has to be certain items in a certain order and sometimes I already rang stuff up before the person gets the WIC stuff out.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:45pm

^  This is why, when I see a young woman (usually Hispanic or white and tattooed) with three kids in tow at the checkout, I just find another line to stand in.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

For years it has bug the crap out of me when someone leaves "time" on the microwave when they finish and I need to clear it before I can use it.  Petty, you say, well, my boss says that it only takes a second to clear it off so what am I griping about--yeah, it justs takes a second so why don't YOU do it when its your use.

OMG, I hate that sh*t, too! They do that a lot at work. I'm seriously going to put up a sign that says "Your momma doesn't work here! Clean up after yourselves!"
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

OMG, I hate that sh*t, too! They do that a lot at work. I'm seriously going to put up a sign that says "Your momma doesn't work here! Clean up after yourselves!"
OMG - people are effing SLOBS. If you're sh*t splatters in the microwave, for the love of all that's holy WIPE IT UP.

My boss was kind enough to buy a brand new microwave, refrigerator and Keurig machine. Usually, before a 3 day weekend, I'll defrost the fridge and give everything a good cleaning. Some bitch kept making snide remarks about "Oh, is that in your job description, too?"  I finally said "Well, Bill was nice enough to buy ot for EVERYONE to use, so I thought I'd be kind back and at least keep it clean since so many people around here never heard of a wet paper towel."
The artist formerly known as Madawee

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 9:50pm
- When people park crooked or on/over the line in an already crowded parking lot
- When strangers tell someone (usually female) to smile
- When selfish jerks bring a wailing infant to a decent restaurant, esp. on a Saturday night or Valentine's Day
- When people overcorrect others' grammar, but they're WRONG. "How are you?" "I'm good, and you?" "I'm WELL" *smug smile* [state-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs]
- When students bring noisy/smelly food to a one-hour class

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

- When people overcorrect others' grammar, but they're WRONG. "How are you?" "I'm good, and you?" "I'm WELL" *smug smile* [state-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs]

So, you're saying that it'd be more correct to answer "I'm well-hung".

I'm glad, because that's what I do, anyway.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:26pm
Clap EXACTLY.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 11:56pm

And another one:  why do spouts on coffee carafes, pitchers, etc. have to leak, or will only pour so much at a time.  I just spilled water as I was pouring it into the water resevoir of my coffee maker.  I'm sure there is a reason but it is damned annoying.  Why can't you pour it as fast as you want? Who said Mr. Coffee should get to set the water rate limit on how much/quickly I pour? Wacko
Have you noticed that most coffee carafes at restaurants have a wide curved lip intead of a spout. The waitress/waiter seem to be able to pour straight or at an angle without spilling. These have been in use (at least) since I was a child in the 1950s. Why has technology regressed to the little dribbly spout you described? In my Mr. coffee I have about a 3/4 inch target to pour the water in. Many wasted paper towels. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic