Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's That Sh*t I Don't Like!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 6148
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Paying my gas bill by phone is a drag.  It repeats back everything I key in (which I have to verify).  It asks how much I want to pay, and then repeats it back---and then adds in the service charge and repeats back the total with the service charge.  Then it transfers me over to their payment center, which proceeds to ask me the very same questions.  There's a whole buncha other stuff I have to do, too.  I've timed it (well, my phone does).  It takes 6 and 1/2 minutes from start to finish.  Very annoying.  Oh, and the payment verification number isn't the usual 6-digit thing.  It's like a friggin' VIN number, fer Chrissakes.
 
I get very annoyed when I have to pay this bill---to the point that I once actually got a 15-day notice, simply because I hadn't wanted to deal with their pay-by-phone thing.  It's that annoying.
 
I pay every other bill on line.  So, I guess the solution is obvious.
 
 
 
When I lived in Southern California in the mid 1970s my gas bill was about $4 per month for the water heater. My furnace never came on. I now pay all utilities online. It takes about 2 minutes each. The solution is obvious. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
Sponsored Links



Back to Top
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Location: cathouse
Status: Offline
Points: 2457
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:39am
You're right!  I hadn't thought about it but I was a waitress for years and never spilled coffee/tea on anyone/anything.
 
And LittleO hit on 2 others that piss me off royal:  when people tell you to "smile" even though you have no reason to or because you are absorbed in doing something else--I've just gotten where I tell them that I am not going to grin like an idiot 24/7.
 
The other is smells thing.  I've brought that up before.  For whatever reason smells are extremely strong to me and often stay with me longer than most of the other employees.  And since the kitchenette is in my department, the damn smells stay here when the turds that make them leave and get away from it.
 
Today, and about twice a week, someone has been bringing takeout that has those god-awful onions that smell like they have been prepared and left sitting out forever.  Bet there breath could melt plastic after they eat themLOL
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Back to Top
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Location: Oregon
Status: Offline
Points: 6148
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:


Or the ones who wait until the cashier gives the total before they bother to get their checkbook out to write the check (happens less commonly now since check cards are a lot more prominent than checks these days). 


 
I've griped about that a few times here.  It seems it's mainly women and the older folk who even use a checkbook these days.  And not only do they wait until the order's all rung up to pull out their checkbook, they also have to stand there and record it in the checkbook before they'll move on.
 
Worse, though, are the people on government assistance.  They have welfare money on a card, WIC money on checks, and cash that they use to pay for the ineligible items...so I have to wait for three transactions to be completed before it's my turn.
 
 
 
 
I write one check per month for my rent. I own a home but that is another story. Once in awile I am behind the senior citizen with their checkbook. I just take it in stride. They don't understand pay with card is the same as check. Since I am retired a few more minutes in line is not a big deal for me. I tend to give seniors a break. I'm almost there. The welfare people are a different story. Socialism works until the people earning money can no longer support those who are not.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Back to Top
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Status: Offline
Points: 2005
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:56am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

- When people park crooked or on/over the line in an already crowded parking lot
- When strangers tell someone (usually female) to smile
- When selfish jerks bring a wailing infant to a decent restaurant, esp. on a Saturday night or Valentine's Day
- When people overcorrect others' grammar, but they're WRONG. "How are you?" "I'm good, and you?" "I'm WELL" *smug smile* [state-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs]
- When students bring noisy/smelly food to a one-hour class

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Agreed on the one about telling strangers to smile. I hate that sh*t. I remember a few years ago me and my dad were in line at McDonald's and the cashier was telling him to smile. Then he explained to her that me and him were on our way to the cemetery to bury my mom. Yeah imagine that, a guy who is on his way to bury a woman he'd been married to for over 30 years and had spent four months watching her die of cancer isn't running around doing the happy dance. 
 
Believe it or not real life is not like all those sappy cartoons ypu watched as a kid. Real people have emotions and maybe just maybe they're going through some sh*t that no sane rational human being should smile about.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56690
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:08am
 
^  Similarly, overly-helpful employees drive me nuts.
 
I was in the cat food area of PetSmart last week, where a buncha the male employees were gathered around working on some sorta display or something.  As their group broke up, and they started going about other business, each one of 'em was coming up to me, asking how I'm doin', and am I finding everything alright.  It was like one a minute.
 
It was driving me nuts.  Finally, when I sensed in my periphery the 6th one of 'em walking down the cat food aisle toward me, I turned to him before he could say a word to me, and said...
 
"I'm doing great, and I swear to God I'm finding everything just fine."
 
It kinda caught him off-guard, but he laughed. 
 
 
 
Back to Top
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Status: Offline
Points: 2005
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

 
^  Similarly, overly-helpful employees drive me nuts.
 
I was in the cat food area of PetSmart last week, where a buncha the male employees were gathered around working on some sorta display or something.  As their group broke up, and they started going about other business, each one of 'em was coming up to me, asking how I'm doin', and am I finding everything alright.  It was like one a minute.
 
It was driving me nuts.  Finally, when I sensed in my periphery the 6th one of 'em walking down the cat food aisle toward me, I turned to him before he could say a word to me, and said...
 
"I'm doing great, and I swear to God I'm finding everything just fine."
 
It kinda caught him off-guard, but he laughed.
 
 
Uggggghh I hate that. And what annoys me more about it is when there's nobody at the damn register when I'm ready to pay because these asshats are too busy wandering around the store asking everybody "Can I help you? Can I help you? Can I help you?" yeah you can help. Help by being at the goddamn register so I can make my transaction and move on with my life.
 
Another one I hate is those swarthy weirdos at the mall peddling sea soap or whatever the hell. If you're so much as in the same zipcode as their stand get ready to get pounced by some creeper who wants to rub stuff allover your hands and then give you a hardsell sales pitch. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Back to Top
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Location: cathouse
Status: Offline
Points: 2457
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:56am
Speaking of Petsmart, on Saturday I went in and they have stopped selling the canned dog food I use.  My older dog has been on it since going on adult food 11 years ago--she likes it, alot.  Its their "cheaper" line (no, it's not that cheap)so I figure they will discontinue all of the lower priced stuff and their other line is almost a dollar higher than what I've been using.  So I hate it when companies stop making a product I really like!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Back to Top
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 714
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:17am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Uggggghh I hate that. And what annoys me more about it is when there's nobody at the damn register when I'm ready to pay because these asshats are too busy wandering around the store asking everybody "Can I help you? Can I help you? Can I help you?" yeah you can help. Help by being at the goddamn register so I can make my transaction and move on with my life.
 
Another one I hate is those swarthy weirdos at the mall peddling sea soap or whatever the hell. If you're so much as in the same zipcode as their stand get ready to get pounced by some creeper who wants to rub stuff allover your hands and then give you a hardsell sales pitch. 

I hate this too! Retail corporations have it so backwards. They pester you about a hundred things (add-ons, store loyalty cards, credit cards, charitable donations, etc.) but can't be bothered to do the one thing you expect. I always wonder what they're basing these customer service strategies on, because it all seems so weird. Maybe they're aliens. 

Oh and the smiling thing -- people really shouldn't presume to dictate others' moods for exactly that reason. You never know what kind of bad news someone has just gotten. Maybe they have a migraine. Maybe they're about to have a panic attack. Just be polite and give strangers their space! It's not hard!
Back to Top
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Avatar
Formerly Codtaro

Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Location: New Mexico
Status: Offline
Points: 7720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:33am
You know, I hate it as a customer, so even as an employee, I really only harped on about the loyalty, credit,charity, etc. when the big manager was around.

I find that harping on makes people less likely to participate. I would keep all the "Loyalty members only" coupons customers didn't want, and always apply them to applicable orders. Other customers saw this, and asked me about it, and I politely and quickly mentioned the coupons only worked for loyalty card members.

I consistently had more people signing up and I was only an "emergency" cashier.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Back to Top
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 6967
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 4:28am
bwestfall wrote:
For years it has bug the crap out of me when someone leaves "time" on the microwave when they finish and I need to clear it before I can use it.  Petty, you say, well, my boss says that it only takes a second to clear it off so what am I griping about--yeah, it justs takes a second so why don't YOU do it when its your use.
  [/quote]
 
I'd just unplug the damn thing when I'm done....  LOL
 
Quote
And LittleO hit on 2 others that piss me off royal:  when people tell you to "smile" even though you have no reason to or because you are absorbed in doing something else--I've just gotten where I tell them that I am not going to grin like an idiot 24/7.
 
I've tried to smile like other people (especially the ones you see in print ads.)  Doesn't work.  My mouth and facial muscles aren't built to show off my teeth like that.   When I do try it, I look like I just enjoyed doing something horrible and evil to someone. So I just smirk.  Makes people paranoid....  Wink
Back to Top
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Avatar
Formerly Codtaro

Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Location: New Mexico
Status: Offline
Points: 7720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 4:34am
Technically, showing your teeth is actually a sign of aggression. It's why people under stess/being pestered tend to revert to that kind of smile.

A real smile simply involves the corners of the mouth curving upwards.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Back to Top
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar
8+ years on CIH

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 9259
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 7:40pm
OK, this one really steams my asparagus!
 
In our snackshop at work, we have 2 different coffees. The "House Blend" or Green Mountain. And there are usually 3 or 4 varieties of Green Mountain. Naturally, the Green Mountain costs a little bit more. When you get to the register, you're kinda on an honor system and tell the lady what you're purchaing. OK, so she isn't the brightest bulb on the boulevard which is all the more reason to be honest. I've been going for coffee with a collegaue for a few months now, and she fills her cup with Green Mountain, then tells the cahsier she "just has a coffee"  and is charged for the House Blend. Every other person distinguishes and says either "Green Mountain"  or, even "Flavored".
 
This girl KNOWS she's getting the more expensive coffee but has to be a goddamn cheapo about it. For the love of all that's holy, pony up the extra dough you cheapskate.
 
*****
Another one that makes my blood pressure spike...
 
Just because YOU have children, does NOT give you or them carte blanche to cut/stand in front of me to view a display or exhibit that I paid the ADULT admission to see, too. Case in point - we were at an aquarium and there was a pool of otters (I think this particular exhibit was behind glass). Naturally everyone wanted to see them play. Some bitch literally hoisted her kid  - her BIGGER THAN ME KID - ahead of everyone simply because HE was a KID and should have the advantage of getting the best spot. Naturally, other parents thought the same thing and there was a bit of jostling and pushing for a "good spot". Well, f**k it if I didn't hold my ground. I'm sorry, I'm not usually a mean person but I paid money too. Your kids can wait their turn like everyone else. Just because a person is under the age of say, 14, doesn't mean they have to be rude or that I should altar my view to appease you and your kids.
 
(Rants are over).
The artist formerly known as Madawee



Back to Top
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 714
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

OK, this one really steams my asparagus!
 
In our snackshop at work, we have 2 different coffees. The "House Blend" or Green Mountain. And there are usually 3 or 4 varieties of Green Mountain. Naturally, the Green Mountain costs a little bit more. When you get to the register, you're kinda on an honor system and tell the lady what you're purchaing. OK, so she isn't the brightest bulb on the boulevard which is all the more reason to be honest. I've been going for coffee with a collegaue for a few months now, and she fills her cup with Green Mountain, then tells the cahsier she "just has a coffee"  and is charged for the House Blend. Every other person distinguishes and says either "Green Mountain"  or, even "Flavored".
 
This girl KNOWS she's getting the more expensive coffee but has to be a goddamn cheapo about it. For the love of all that's holy, pony up the extra dough you cheapskate.
 
*****
Another one that makes my blood pressure spike...
 
Just because YOU have children, does NOT give you or them carte blanche to cut/stand in front of me to view a display or exhibit that I paid the ADULT admission to see, too. Case in point - we were at an aquarium and there was a pool of otters (I think this particular exhibit was behind glass). Naturally everyone wanted to see them play. Some bitch literally hoisted her kid  - her BIGGER THAN ME KID - ahead of everyone simply because HE was a KID and should have the advantage of getting the best spot. Naturally, other parents thought the same thing and there was a bit of jostling and pushing for a "good spot". Well, f**k it if I didn't hold my ground. I'm sorry, I'm not usually a mean person but I paid money too. Your kids can wait their turn like everyone else. Just because a person is under the age of say, 14, doesn't mean they have to be rude or that I should altar my view to appease you and your kids.
 
(Rants are over).

Yep. All of this. It all boils down to entitlement. Some people -- actually, a lot of people -- think they're special and the rules don't apply. They can rationalize away the coffee theft, or raise a stink about how children are our future and have just as much right to be there and you're just mean, or whatever, but the simple answer is they're selfish jerks. Almost all of my pet peeves can be summarized by this attitude. 
Back to Top
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: SW MI
Status: Offline
Points: 11401
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

 
*****
Another one that makes my blood pressure spike...
 
Just because YOU have children, does NOT give you or them carte blanche to cut/stand in front of me to view a display or exhibit that I paid the ADULT admission to see, too. Case in point - we were at an aquarium and there was a pool of otters (I think this particular exhibit was behind glass). Naturally everyone wanted to see them play. Some bitch literally hoisted her kid  - her BIGGER THAN ME KID - ahead of everyone simply because HE was a KID and should have the advantage of getting the best spot. Naturally, other parents thought the same thing and there was a bit of jostling and pushing for a "good spot". Well, f**k it if I didn't hold my ground. I'm sorry, I'm not usually a mean person but I paid money too. Your kids can wait their turn like everyone else. Just because a person is under the age of say, 14, doesn't mean they have to be rude or that I should altar my view to appease you and your kids.
 


Mad, Max and I were at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago celebrating my son-in-law's birthday.  I was being pushed by my husband while sitting in a friggin' wheelchair.(I can't walk long distances without assistance anymore.) We were looking at an exhibit, I was in the front row, when 2 teenaged girls squeezed their asses between me and the glass so they could be first!  All I could see was their butts!  After this exhibit, Max started pushing my chair up to the glass so that wouldn't happen again.  People are so rude!

Back to Top
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 7822
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:47pm
^^ Just reading that enrages me, let alone imagining seeing it person, and still let alone imagining being either you or your husband in that situation.   Those 2 little witches take rudeness to a whole different level  Angry
Back to Top
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Location: IL
Status: Offline
Points: 2732
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:12am
I'm in training for work all week, and one of my biggest pet peeves is people who say sh*t just to hear their own voices, and make trainings/school/meetings horrible for the rest of the attendees.  I've been keeping tally of how many absolutely stupid ass things this one woman can ask, blurt out, and comment on in a 6 hour training.  She still has not beaten her record of f*cking SIXTY-SEVEN times from Monday.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56690
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:56am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

 
*****
Another one that makes my blood pressure spike...
 
Just because YOU have children, does NOT give you or them carte blanche to cut/stand in front of me to view a display or exhibit that I paid the ADULT admission to see, too. Case in point - we were at an aquarium and there was a pool of otters (I think this particular exhibit was behind glass). Naturally everyone wanted to see them play. Some bitch literally hoisted her kid  - her BIGGER THAN ME KID - ahead of everyone simply because HE was a KID and should have the advantage of getting the best spot. Naturally, other parents thought the same thing and there was a bit of jostling and pushing for a "good spot". Well, f**k it if I didn't hold my ground. I'm sorry, I'm not usually a mean person but I paid money too. Your kids can wait their turn like everyone else. Just because a person is under the age of say, 14, doesn't mean they have to be rude or that I should altar my view to appease you and your kids.
 


Mad, Max and I were at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago...
 
I keep reading this as you being at Shedd Aquarium with Mad Max.
 
 
Back to Top
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 6967
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:


Mad, Max and I were at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago...
 
I keep reading this as you being at Shedd Aquarium with Mad Max.
 
 
She could make that a reality by getting one of those armored wheelchairs from Murderball.... 
LOL
Back to Top
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive


Joined: 21 May 2008
Location: Charm City, MD
Status: Offline
Points: 715
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 1:08pm
I sit next to a woman at work that is a TOTAL attention whore.  She brings in a purse, and two huge gym bags.  She is constantly picking them up and slamming them down causing an earthquake on my cubicle wall.  Everytime she gets up, she says "ouch".  She chews and pops gum ALL DAY LONG.  She constantly mooches items from us...band-aids, advil, vitamins, food, etc.  Then there is the texting all day and the phone calls from her sister who she is always arguing with.  And if she says something and nobody answers, she will ask why we are ignoring her.  
Back to Top
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Avatar
8+ years on CIH

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 9259
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

I sit next to a woman at work that is a TOTAL attention whore.  She brings in a purse, and two huge gym bags.  She is constantly picking them up and slamming them down causing an earthquake on my cubicle wall.  Everytime she gets up, she says "ouch".  She chews and pops gum ALL DAY LONG.  She constantly mooches items from us...band-aids, advil, vitamins, food, etc.  Then there is the texting all day and the phone calls from her sister who she is always arguing with.  And if she says something and nobody answers, she will ask why we are ignoring her.  
Sounds like everyone I've sat with for the past 7 years.
 
Now, I am blissfully ALONE.
 
Personal cell phones should be banned in the office workplace. Want to make or receive a call/text? Do it on oyur lunch break. And, I don't need to hear your "Sounds of the 60's" ringtone at deafening levels.
The artist formerly known as Madawee



Back to Top
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Status: Offline
Points: 56690
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:


Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Mad, Max and I were at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago...

 
I keep reading this as you being at Shedd Aquarium with Mad Max.
 
 
She could make that a reality by getting one of those armored wheelchairs from Murderball.... 
LOL
 
 
LOL
 
Or she could solve the problem of those teenaged girls with this:
 
 
 
Back to Top
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 25 May 2011
Location: Fayetteville NC
Status: Offline
Points: 980
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:09pm
This makes me crazy mad, and I swear if I could I would have them outlawed....superduper-nuclear powered loud car stereos. Nothing can ruin my mood faster than being anywhere near one of the assholes with one. Now that the weather is getting nice I expect more of it. I probably won't take the top down on my jeep just to help blunt the "boom boom boom". Also, guys showing their underwear.
 
Also...and this is purely a local issue for me: I live right outside of Fort Bragg, in the Cottonade subdivison. As a matter of fact I live one street away from Yadkin Rd which enters Bragg. Traffic piles up fast at 6 am because of the gate. Got it. The gate is literally a 60 second drive from here, but not at 6 AM. It can take ten minutes to get to the guard to show ID because of traffic. Got it. Price ya pay for security. But what happens is (mostly young/ no brained) soldiers think they'll get there quicker by dropping into the subdivision and bypassing traffic to get closer to the gate faster. IT doesn't really work, because they end up causing two traffic jams. One morning so many people did it they backed up almost to my house. Thats one side effect, the other is that they often drive through here like f***in' Speed Racer. Theres a stop sign on the corner thats been hit so many times its not funny. Sooner or later one of them is going to hit a person. Hell, twice they've almost hit me backing out of the garage. (before the tornado there was a tree that would block the sight of my car backing out. But if you're doing 40 miles Per Hour in a residential area tree or not, you're just begging to hit someone)One of the guys that almost hit me one morning literally came around the corner with tires screeching, he was going so fast. Missed my by a inch and almost lost control when he swerved....and he was one of my soldiers! (But he didn't realize it was me until we got to formation, where oh, lord, I cursed him out)
"Did somebody say 'HOG-RIDERRRR'?!!"
Back to Top
MrTim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 6967
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:12am
Quote Sooner or later one of them is going to hit a person.
 
Get a child-size mannequin, dress it up, and throw it into the road after one of those leadfoots drives past.  Then have a woman scream really loud "Oh!  My Baby!".  Then, if they have the balls to come back, curse them out for speeding....
Back to Top
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Avatar
Formerly Codtaro

Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Location: New Mexico
Status: Offline
Points: 7720
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:34am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote Sooner or later one of them is going to hit a person.

 

Get a child-size mannequin, dress it up, and throw it into the road after one of those leadfoots drives past.  Then have a woman scream really loud "Oh!  My Baby!".  Then, if they have the balls to come back, curse them out for speeding....
Be sure to put some bags of thickened cranberry juice on him as well.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Back to Top
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Avatar

Joined: 06 May 2008
Location: Around
Status: Offline
Points: 3776
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

- When people park crooked or on/over the line in an already crowded parking lot
- When strangers tell someone (usually female) to smile
- When selfish jerks bring a wailing infant to a decent restaurant, esp. on a Saturday night or Valentine's Day
- When people overcorrect others' grammar, but they're WRONG. "How are you?" "I'm good, and you?" "I'm WELL" *smug smile* [state-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs]
- When students bring noisy/smelly food to a one-hour class

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Agreed on the one about telling strangers to smile. I hate that sh*t. I remember a few years ago me and my dad were in line at McDonald's and the cashier was telling him to smile. Then he explained to her that me and him were on our way to the cemetery to bury my mom. Yeah imagine that, a guy who is on his way to bury a woman he'd been married to for over 30 years and had spent four months watching her die of cancer isn't running around doing the happy dance. 
 
Believe it or not real life is not like all those sappy cartoons ypu watched as a kid. Real people have emotions and maybe just maybe they're going through some sh*t that no sane rational human being should smile about.


This This This This This.

Holy sh*t the "SMILE" comment from random strangers is the bane of my existence and made me hate working in retail. I have what is known as "chronic bitch face". The picture says it all.

How I look and how I feel have very little to do with each other. My default expression is very blank, to slightly sad. It's just how my face looks. It doesn't help that I tend to wear my hair to one side and it covers my eye when I look down. So I'd be looking down scanning stuff and hitting stuff on the register only to be told some variation of CHEER UP, SMILE, IT'S NOT SO BAD. I'd usually look up with the exact same blank expression and state "I'm not sad". Why do strangers who I'll likely never see again GIVE A SH*T whether or not I look bubbly and polite? Do they think I'm a smiling happy person until they get in my line and they have to take it personally?

Don't people realize most "friendly" cashiers don't give a sh*t either, they're just better at faking it? Newsflash, when they ask "how are you today?" they don't really care how you are. Not to mention it's strictly an American thing that we expect meaningless small talk with strangers to show our friendliness. In countries like Russia and Scandinavia they abhor meaningless small talk and pleases/thanks yours and come off as "cold" to westerners. Doesn't mean they are any less happy.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.



"CANDIE!"