Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That d**n Tomorrowland trailer!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gokuroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That d**n Tomorrowland trailer!
    Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:43pm
This trailer sucks, and the film will probably too. I fire up a YouTube video only to have this annoying unskippable trailer for this Disney film called Tomorrowland play. I really wanna go to the place were Disney keeps master copies of their films and destroy the master copies of this film!
Sponsored Links

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 9:52am
I think Tomorrow Land trailer looks good and like something I would like to see.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:54pm
It looks thoroughly uninteresting to me. It's also bombing big time, since for some reason it's a $190 million budget movie(although it sure doesn't look like it).
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:59pm
I was kind of interested in that one too, but only as a rental.  If it's sucks, the $2 that I lose on the Redbox rental isn't going to break me.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 9:32am
To the people saying that Tomorrow Land trailer looks sucky, trailers can be deceiving. I remember thinking that March Of The Penguins trailer looked stupid, I remember thinking, "It's just about Penguins walking around! The Producers of this movie are going to charge people $10.00 to see something that National Geographic and Discover channels already show for free! This movie will flop!" Turned out to be a huge success and considered one of the best movies of that year.

I also thought that The Last Airbender trailer looked amazing. The scene where Ang makes the water rise extremely high is breathtaking in particular. The movie however was considered a mess and was one of the biggest flops of all time.....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D. :D $608 for her brother's scooter. Fair is fair my ass. Being tough on Public Access TV is priceless.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

To the people saying that Tomorrow Land trailer looks sucky, trailers can be deceiving. I remember thinking that March Of The Penguins trailer looked stupid, I remember thinking, "It's just about Penguins walking around! The Producers of this movie are going to charge people $10.00 to see something that National Geographic and Discover channels already show for free! This movie will flop!" Turned out to be a huge success and considered one of the best movies of that year.

I also thought that The Last Airbender trailer looked amazing. The scene where Ang makes the water rise extremely high is breathtaking in particular. The movie however was considered a mess and was one of the biggest flops of all time.....

Thanks to M. Night taking liberties and M-Nighting all over the story. One of the better stories in cartoon history COULD HAVE been adapted into a good series of movies... with the right director. Kinda a shame, really.

As far as Tomorrow Land goes... the trailer isn't fostering a lot of interest here. I'll wait and Netflix it.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:55am
Donathan, March of the Penguins was a massive disgusting worthless failure.

It sold well, but artistically it was raped and killed and its skin was put on a lifeless mannequin the minute it came to America.

I actually lost respect for Morgan Freeman for being involved with that travesty.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Considered one of the best movies of the year by who? Certainly not me, and I didn't exactly see it turning up on top 10 lists too often(maybe on kid's top 10 lists, but that's not something I'd follow).

But yes, Tomorrowland looks boring. And your second point is correct-often. Trailers far more often make a bad movie look better than it is, rather than making a good movie look like crap...
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:42pm
My movie needs are pretty simple.

Is it an "end of the world" type of movie?  Yay for me!
Is it sci fi?  Yay for me!
Does it have to do with weather disasters?  Yay for me!
Does it have to do with any other disaster?  Yay for me!

Is it anything else?  Never mind.
Is it "based on actual events"?  Run in the other direction.

Tommorowland looks scifi.  Works for me.

I can't wait to see San Andreas.  I'm sure that it will suck, but 2 hours of wanton destruction?  I just can't pass that up. LOL  I liked 2012.  It was pretty bad, but it was fun to watch the world blow up.  It was universally panned by every critic with a pulse.

My movie likes have a pretty narrow focus, but they work for me.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

I can't wait to see San Andreas.  I'm sure that it will suck, but 2 hours of wanton destruction?  I just can't pass that up. 

It stars The Rock. No matter how dumb a movie may be, you can't really go wrong with The Rock.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

It looks thoroughly uninteresting to me. It's also bombing big time, since for some reason it's a $190 million budget movie(although it sure doesn't look like it).

$100 million probably went to Clooney's salary!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

$100 million probably went to Clooney's salary!

Yeah, for some reason, people still treat Clooney like he's a huge star, but...he's actually not. Nearly every movie where he was cast as the lead, other than the Oceans series, have either been financial losses, barely broke even, or were Oscar bait movies that made a minor profit which was then blown campaigning for the Oscar. And even the Oceans series, his biggest hits, he can't really get the credit for as those movies all had a pretty major ensemble cast, including Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Al Pacino, and more. Yet he still commands an A-list salary like he's a major box office draw. I got nothing against the guy, and I have no problems with him as an actor either, but...when you aren't bringing in major bucks with your movies, you shouldn't be drawing major bucks for starring in them.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

I liked 2012.  It was pretty bad, but it was fun to watch the world blow up.  It was universally panned by every critic with a pulse.

I saw that in the theater when it came out, and I rarely go to theaters.  Still, I can barely remember it.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:04pm
It looks interesting, but I won't spend $10+ just to see it. I'll pass on it.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

It looks interesting, but I won't spend $10+ just to see it. I'll pass on it.
I agree.  I haven't been to a movie theater in at least five years.  Going to the movies is a major ripoff now.  I just wait for it to come out on Redbox. :)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:27pm
I can't remember exactly when I went to the movies or what I saw or what year it was. I barely go at all!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I can't remember exactly when I went to the movies or what I saw or what year it was. I barely go at all!

For me, it was 2 weeks ago, for Mad Max:Fury Road. I go to the theater anytime something comes out that really looks like I would like it, really. So far this year has been kinda slow though, aside from Mad Max I've only been to Furious 7 and Avengers 2. Wanted to see It Follows but unfortunately, by the time I started reading praise from reviewers I trust, it was already out of the theater(there was like, NO ad campaign for it here). $7.50 for a matinee is really no big deal to me.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 8:19am
I do want to see the Minions movie, but that's one of those things I'll either buy when cheap or just download when the DVD comes out...or even just wait until it hits TV.

But thus far, the only thing that looks worth seeing in the cinema is the Star Wars film, but even that doesn't look likely since it's getting a Christmas release and I wouldn't be able to get into the nearest city at that time of year, what with the risk of snow.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

But thus far, the only thing that looks worth seeing in the cinema is the Star Wars film, but even that doesn't look likely since it's getting a Christmas release and I wouldn't be able to get into the nearest city at that time of year, what with the risk of snow.

I'm unlikely to see that one. Never cared for Star Wars, though the involvement of the guys from The Raid in the upcoming one DOES have me curious about that at least. Not sure if they're playing actual characters or just doing motion capture for fight scenes, but either way, if there's fight scenes with those 3 guys it will be amazing.

I don't know what I'm likely to see this year. I won't see San Andreas on my own(though I could wind up seeing it with friends or family), Jurassic World is a possibility as is the next Bond movie, I'll almost certainly see Del Toro's Crimson Peak and Tarantino's Hateful Eight when they come out...
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:03am
Star Wars has, along with a few old and new additions, been the only time I've really enjoyed the science-fiction genre. It has a nostalgia element that has me deeply in love with it, even though I don't obsessively delve into it. I recently did a rewatch of the classic trilogy, prequels, and remastered trilogy because of the upcoming film. Actually made me appreciate the prequels a bit more in spite of their flaws. (those interested, look up the practical effects, there were a humongous amount used, in spite of the prequels' reputation as being all CGI).

Also, I was pretty much committed the second Han and Chewbacca showed up in the teaser trailer.

I've posted my views on cinemas numberous times here, so suffice it to say it's not so much a comment on a movies quality that determines my willingness to see it in one.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic