Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Text Behind" Inmate Texting - What?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Text Behind" Inmate Texting - What?!?
    Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:05am
Commercial that just aired on local Philly TV. Huh..all I got from this was the guy is texting money orders and notes to his incarcerated cousin.

Ok, seems legit since all anyone in prison has 100% access to cell phones ShockedSleepy
- WTF is this nonsense? 

------
"This Has Swag."
~ Idiot from an iHop Commercial.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:20am

Shocked

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 1:42am
The ad is amateurish and clunky, but this service is real!  Shocked

https://www.textbehind.com/home
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 2:00am

People on Youtube thought the commercial was racist.  Then, someone pointed out that the business is black-owned.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 2:16am
Sure, because nothing can go wrong with an inmate having access to the outside world!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 12:27pm
From their website:

Text Behind is a secure nationwide service and co-funded by the State of Maryland.Ouch
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

From their website:

Text Behind is a secure nationwide service and co-funded by the State of Maryland.Ouch

Isn't that what government's for?  LOL

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 11:14pm
Besides getting the law abiding half of the family off the hook from visiting, what's the point of this?
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 12:44am
The only thing I can think of is that this service is available to those who already have their own cellphone when they're thrown in the slammer, awaiting a bail hearing, arraignment, or just sitting out until trial.  I can't imagine there are states that allow prisoners in the penitentiary to have their own cellphones.  That would be considered contraband, as in my TV experiences with prisons, watching Orange Is The New Black and the occasional Lockup.
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 3:07am
Plus they can use the power source from the phone for the home made tattoo guns.  I watch Lockup to see how creative these guys are.  Shanks too - they make them out of almost anything!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 3:53am

I don't really know how this all works.  Maybe the app is for the friend/relative.  I don't see the criminals in the commercial looking at any cellphones.  They seem to be looking at pieces of paper printed out from some computer.  Even the non-criminal in the commercial is looking at his cellphone of a copy of a handwritten letter sent to him by the prisoner.

But if I'm wrong here, and prisoners are actually allowed to use cellphones---well, that would seem kind of an appropriate use for the device, wouldn't it?  LOL

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 11:08pm
Wouldn't think jail cells had any electric outlets to charge the phone. Not that I'm gonna worry about it as I have no friends or family in jail.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic