Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taking a Stand Against Pomplamoose...JOIN ME.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Pumpamoose will go far with that smash hit....

Hopefully all the way to HELL!!!!!!!Angry
Give us a kiss!
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 1:41am
Ugh couldn't take more than 36 seconds before I HAD TO TURN IT OFF! make it stop,indeed. Micheal Jackson is spinning in his grave.

Can't these hipsters do ANYTHING besides COVER SONGS??!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
LilRebelChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Ugh couldn't take more than 36 seconds before I HAD TO TURN IT OFF! make it stop,indeed. Micheal Jackson is spinning in his grave.

Sadly, no. One must have some small measure of talent to do that. Wink They are sadly lacking in all areas.
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 1:51am

I should have offered free barf bags prior to posting...I'm sorry!Embarrassed
Give us a kiss!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 1:52am

They have quite a few original songs...
Like that nice song in french.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 4:43am

They're one-trick ponies.  They take their silly instrumentation and singing, and apply it to others' songs.  They're what used to be called a novelty act...kinda like Tiny Tim.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They're one-trick ponies.  They take their silly instrumentation and singing, and apply it to others' songs.  They're what used to be called a novelty act...kinda like Tiny Tim.

Is she just an animated corpse? I've never seen anyone so expressionless in my life! That's what gets to me the most and the stupid playschool toys they use for instruments.Angry
Give us a kiss!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 5:09am

The guy reeks of Waldorf Academy.

From Wikipedia:

Waldorf education (also known as Steiner or Steiner-Waldorf education) is a humanistic approach to pedagogy based upon the educational philosophy of the Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner, the founder of anthroposophy. Learning is interdisciplinary, integrating practical, artistic, and conceptual elements.[1] The approach emphasizes the role of the imagination in learning,[2][3][4][5]:69 developing thinking that includes a creative as well as an analytic component.[6][7] The educational philosophy's overarching goals are to provide young people the basis on which to develop into free, morally responsible[8][9] and integrated individuals,[2][10][11] and to help every child fulfill his or her unique destiny, the existence of which anthroposophy posits.[12][13] Schools and teachers are given considerable freedom to define curricula within collegial structures.[14]
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 5:12am

The guy reeks of Waldorf Academy.

From Wikipedia:

Waldorf education (also known as Steiner or Steiner-Waldorf education) is a humanistic approach to pedagogy based upon the educational philosophy of the Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner, the founder of anthroposophy. Learning is interdisciplinary, integrating practical, artistic, and conceptual elements.[1] The approach emphasizes the role of the imagination in learning,[2][3][4][5]:69 developing thinking that includes a creative as well as an analytic component.[6][7] The educational philosophy's overarching goals are to provide young people the basis on which to develop into free, morally responsible[8][9] and integrated individuals,[2][10][11] and to help every child fulfill his or her unique destiny, the existence of which anthroposophy posits.[12][13] Schools and teachers are given considerable freedom to define curricula within collegial structures.[14]

Does that mean we can't wish someone would super glue his lips together and take away his Peanuts piano? Cry

Give us a kiss!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 5:19am
Originally posted by LilRebelChick LilRebelChick wrote:

Does that mean we can't wish someone would super glue his lips together and take away his Peanuts piano? Cry

Waldorf schools seek to cultivate pupils' sense of social responsibility,[50] respect, and compassion; to develop their cooperative capacities; and to enable them to contribute to societal and cultural renewal...The underlying educational philosophy has been commended for being based upon peace and tolerance.

So, yes...it's more important than ever that we superglue his lips together and...

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 5:36am

Waldorf schools seek to cultivate pupils' sense of social responsibility,[50] respect, and compassion; to develop their cooperative capacities; and to enable them to contribute to societal and cultural renewal...The underlying educational philosophy has been commended for being based upon peace and tolerance.

So, yes...it's more important than ever that we superglue his lips together and...

I will happily supply the glue then, lol. Wink
Give us a kiss!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 6:01pm
Admittedly, I wasn't crazy about their Hyundai commercials.

That being said, all of this talk here is proof that there will never ever be world peace. LOL

Pomplamoose is like the most inocuous thing ever.  Two musicians that happily make YouTube videos with upbeat music at home and post them.  Yet there is so much hatred toward them. Confused

As an amatuer musician, I really enjoy their videos.  It's fun watching them play their stuff.

To each his own though, I guess.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

That being said, all of this talk here is proof that there will never ever be world peace. LOL

Pomplamoose is like the most inocuous thing ever.  Two musicians that happily make YouTube videos with upbeat music at home and post them.  Yet there is so much hatred toward them. Confused

As an amatuer musician, I really enjoy their videos.  It's fun watching them play their stuff.

I doubt that us not liking Pomplamoose will affect world peace anytime soon. It's cool if you like them as for the rest of us they rub us the wrong way, simple as that. The woman bugs me more than anything because she reminds of a robot and I just don't find anything really special in her voice. She has as much personality as a wet sponge in her rendition of Michael Jackson's "Beat It". I mean, seriously, can't she blink or something! Unhappy

Give us a kiss!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 10:29pm
I'm with you. I do not like the Xmas songs as those annoy me, but they do have some cute original songs and I do like the video song idea.
A friend of mine worked with Jack in the band on a really good song. Dude's really talented, Cody Weber. I think he still has some of his music videos up and he takes some nice pictures. Dude needs to get rich.

Without hurting me,
Morons on the loose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morons on the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 10:46pm

That is correct, to each their own. That being said, the issue here is this make-shift band Pomplamoose was forced on the general public via excessive commercial play during our favorite TV programs. We never asked for Pomplamoose, they were shoved down our throats to the point they made us sick. It seems to me that nine out of ten people can’t stand this ‘band’ and at the rate we were forced to view them, of coarse we will say what we really think of them.

These two do not come across as nice innocent people looking to spread good will through their music. They come across as two arrogant hippy pricks that think they’re better than everyone else. On top of that they are not talented.

So my point is that we did not seek out you-tube bands simply to bash them. They were presented to us and it seems to me the overwhelmingly majority of people think they suck and hate them. So we simply posted what we thought of them, the same we would anyone else that was presented to us.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Morons on the loose Morons on the loose wrote:

That is correct, to each their own. That being said, the issue here is this make-shift band Pomplamoose was forced on the general public via excessive commercial play during our favorite TV programs. We never asked for Pomplamoose, they were shoved down our throats to the point they made us sick. It seems to me that nine out of ten people can’t stand this ‘band’ and at the rate we were forced to view them, of coarse we will say what we really think of them.

These two do not come across as nice innocent people looking to spread good will through their music. They come across as two arrogant hippy pricks that think they’re better than everyone else. On top of that they are not talented.

So my point is that we did not seek out you-tube bands simply to bash them. They were presented to us and it seems to me the overwhelmingly majority of people think they suck and hate them. So we simply posted what we thought of them, the same we would anyone else that was presented to us.

Lol, I agree. We certainly weren't buying tickets to be subjected to the no-talent, showboating dingbats that they are. If people want to see them, more power to them. Just keep them off the TV commercials so we don't have to suffer. Thank God for mute buttons. Clap Of course, advertisers are always looking for new trends and that which is why we had to put up with rabid chipmunk sounding Joanna Newsom with her weird song on the LG Optimus commercial. What were they thinking? Joanna sounds much better though these days since she had nodules on her vocal cords. She's still just as strange and sings out of one side of her mouth for some reason but her voice sounds much better now.
Give us a kiss!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by a3b3i a3b3i wrote:

Please, everyone, if you have a spare minute, visit www.hyundaiusa.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, select CONTACT, and write their promotional staff a letter. Please. For godssake.

Here was my letter. You may borrow from it if you choose. But I cannot stop the madness on my own. Take a stand! TAKE A STAND!

To Whom it May Concern;

Honestly, I know you guys are trying to appeal to a younger crowd with your commercials, but as a part of the younger crowd, I must fully object to your failing approach.

I can no longer tolerate the two-person band warbling like dying chickens in your advertisements. This sentiment comes, not only from myself, but anyone I have ever spoken to about your advertisement.

The main reason I was thrilled for Christmas to be over this year was that I was under the impression that I would never again be forced to watch the dead expression in the female hipster's watery eyes as she warbles like a drowning hen or her bearded neuvo-hippie counterpart slapping his hands on a drum.

Unfortunately, the truth has come to light that this terrible duo will remain a part of your advertising campaign. My sanity is threatened and I have come to terms with the fact that I may have to start watching television on my computer at all times to avoid your commercials.

In conclusion, as an avid television watcher and a potential customer, I beg of you to be rid of this horrible advertising campaign. For the love of God, stop the madness, please.

Thanks.
Abby

You know what would be even better than sending them that letter?

Email the url / link to THIS THREAD to their PR dept.!!!!! LOLLOLLOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Please, everyone, if you have a spare minute, visit www.hyundaiusa.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, select CONTACT, and write their promotional staff a letter. Please. For godssake.

Here was my letter. You may borrow from it if you choose. But I cannot stop the madness on my own. Take a stand! TAKE A STAND!

To Whom it May Concern;

Honestly, I know you guys are trying to appeal to a younger crowd with your commercials, but as a part of the younger crowd, I must fully object to your failing approach.

I can no longer tolerate the two-person band warbling like dying chickens in your advertisements. This sentiment comes, not only from myself, but anyone I have ever spoken to about your advertisement.

The main reason I was thrilled for Christmas to be over this year was that I was under the impression that I would never again be forced to watch the dead expression in the female hipster's watery eyes as she warbles like a drowning hen or her bearded neuvo-hippie counterpart slapping his hands on a drum.

Unfortunately, the truth has come to light that this terrible duo will remain a part of your advertising campaign. My sanity is threatened and I have come to terms with the fact that I may have to start watching television on my computer at all times to avoid your commercials.

In conclusion, as an avid television watcher and a potential customer, I beg of you to be rid of this horrible advertising campaign. For the love of God, stop the madness, please.

Thanks.
Abby

Lol, great idea. I'll have to do that!
Give us a kiss!
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

To Whom it May Concern;

Thanks.
Abby

I just did it, lol. Wink
Give us a kiss!
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Morons on the loose Morons on the loose wrote:

We never asked for Pomplamoose, they were shoved down our throats to the point they made us sick. It seems to me that nine out of ten people can’t stand this ‘band’ and at the rate we were forced to view them, of coarse we will say what we really think of them.

ClapClapClapClap
AMEN!!!

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:21am

I doubt that us not liking Pomplamoose will affect world peace anytime soon. It's cool if you like them as for the rest of us they rub us the wrong way, simple as that. The woman bugs me more than anything because she reminds of a robot and I just don't find anything really special in her voice. She has as much personality as a wet sponge in her rendition of Michael Jackson's "Beat It". I mean, seriously, can't she blink or something! Unhappy

"I doubt that us not liking Pomplamoose will affect world peace anytime soon."

That comment shows you may have missed my point.   Even though made the point in jest as could be determined by the lol I put after it.

If people can't get along with and not say hateful about a couple of people that really aren't doing any real harm.  How in the world are they going to deal with actual enemies and truly troublesome people.

Arrrrgh!!! she doesn't blink when she sings.  That just enrages me!!!  AngryAngryAngryAngry   LOL

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:42am

That comment shows you may have missed my point.   Even though made the point in jest as could be determined by the lol I put after it.

If people can't get along with and not say hateful about a couple of people that really aren't doing any real harm.  How in the world are they going to deal with actual enemies and truly troublesome people.

Arrrrgh!!! she doesn't blink when she sings.  That just enrages me!!!  AngryAngryAngryAngry   LOL

Well get over it! You're the only person who likes them so deal with it! If I don't like something about someone I'm going to say so if the discussion comes up. If you don't like it, don't read the comments and go sit and listen to your Pomplamoose. I mean no offense to you personally but I don't like them, never have, never will, the woman doesn't even look human to me. Deal with it and go on liking them cause I really don't care what you think. Cry

Give us a kiss!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:53am

Well get over it! You're the only person who likes them so deal with it! If I don't like something about someone I'm going to say so if the discussion comes up. If you don't like it, don't read the comments and go sit and listen to your Pomplamoose. I mean no offense to you personally but I don't like them, never have, never will, the woman doesn't even look human to me. Deal with it and go on liking them cause I really don't care what you think. Cry

You don't need to tell me to do anything.  I am expressing an opposing opinion.  You don't need to be a total bitch about it.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilRebelChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:57am

You don't need to tell me to do anything.  I am expressing an opposing opinion.  You don't need to be a total bitch about it.

You started on me, asshole. I'm gonna fire back. Now get over your whinny little hurt Pooplamoose feelings and don't jack with me and I wont hit you back. Not everyone is going to like them for their own reasons. Leave it at that.
Give us a kiss!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:05am
makes sense, but it doesn't hurt to be polite in one's dislike.

Also I like them too.
Without hurting me,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic