Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syesha Mercado very classy in defeat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syesha Mercado very classy in defeat
    Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:30pm
Please excuse this topic for all of you American Idol haters.

Syesha Mercado was voted off last night on American Idol leaving only the two David's in the finally.

I have to mention that she was the most classy and professional in her attitude when she was voted off.

There was no bursting in to tears, there was no angry looks.  She congratulated her peers then she sang her exit song with a big smile.

I'm reminded of a song, There's no people like show people. They smile when they are low.

It was just so refreshing to see someone not be a big cry baby because they didn't get what they wanted.

Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:42pm
She seemed to get better as time went on.  She'll have a good career, maybe even in acting.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 6:43pm
Wow that indeed refreshing to hear, I know where that song is from too! Annie Get Your Gun (I starred in one production at my local Warner Theater) really good song.Geek
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

She seemed to get better as time went on.  She'll have a good career, maybe even in acting.

I couldn't stand her in the beginning, and she did improve as time went on.  She will have a good career - in any number of fields (probably several).  She exited with grace.

Who was it, maybe it was on Saturday Night Live, that would say "...stay classy..."

In related news:
Was anyone else a little shocked over Fantasia?  WOW.  She's a powerhouse, 100x more than she was when she was a contestant.  Simon's face was priceless.  Clap.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:57pm
Shocked?  I thought she was high or something.   Don't care for her.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:36pm
Cry I could do all the crying for her! She was my favorite!!!!! I don't want that 12-year-old-looking guy with daddy issues to win!!! If he does, I'm moving to Canada! Wahhhhh!!!
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

In related news:
Was anyone else a little shocked over Fantasia?  WOW.  She's a powerhouse, 100x more than she was when she was a contestant.  Simon's face was priceless.  Clap.

I don't think that Simon's facial expression was a good thing.

He had the look that goes along with his usual, Whot wos that?
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:16am
He seemed a bit terrified.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:49am
It's a blessing in disguise for her.
I read that the winners are obligated to be hand puppets for a long time after the show.
The recognition and freedom to sign will be best for her.
That Archuletta kid is like a poster child for the program.  He will do whatever they say and will smile doing it.  Their fame drops faster than the appreciation does while driving a new car off the lot.  They better enjoy the ride now, because soon it will be them whoring themselves  out to the corporate ad world just to get on tv again.

What always bothers me is the way the show makes them all HURRAY FOR EVERYTHING with plastic smiles all singing in unison.  It's like a psy-op for mind control.
was feeling nostalgic
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 3:10am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

[QUOTE=Hootman]In related news:
The thing I've always remembered about Fantasia was her big mouth.
No, not "big mouth" as in loud, I mean "big mouth" as in her mouth is physically ***VERY*** large!!! Shocked

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic