Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiffer - What About Love

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swiffer - What About Love
    Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 8:46pm
I saw a really stupid Swiffer commercial last night that features another song from the 80s, Heart's 1985 hit "What About Love". It shows a snotty sounding woman talking about ordinary mops, at one point saying "Ew!" like a Valley Girl. Then makes this squealy, high-pitched "Ah!" and gets sucked up and the end of a Swiffer WetJet.

The video hasn't been put up on YouTube, but it is viewable on Swiffer's website under the "Demos and Videos" tab (http://www.swiffer.com/en_US/wetjet.do).
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 10:54pm
Ugh another old song used for commercials STOP IT! NOOOW!!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 1:19am
I'm not sure, but I think that was the "mud girl" ad.

A kind of semi "trashy" looking bimbo type with blonde hair & a short, brown dress that looks like it's made of mud (some kind of acrylic probably) & she's says something like "I may be mud, but I have standards" & "those sponge mops have bacteria" etc. etc.

Then, she gets sucked upwards onto a Swiffer pad & sticks there like she's stuck to the ceiling.

After the sales pitch, the ad closes wth her saying the punchline: "Oooh... I like your pad!!".

Was that the one?

I kinda like that one.

Great news guys.... With the Air Hawk, flat balls are no longer a problem!!!
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Yes,they ruined another old song!Nothing new about that.
Julie
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Yes,they ruined another old song!Nothing new about that.

Definitely not, but I wish it would stop.  I'd rather they "ruined" some new "music."
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:53pm

Now I just saw another Swiffer commercial using the same song, this time a man stuck inside a computer keyboard and a Swiffer duster is used to remove him.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 10:20pm
LOLLike ol'Mule says...Lil'Miss Mud is all too funny - especially when the mops drops her and she, in that pissed-off way that only a woman can do, exclaims,"..Awwww, MAN!!!"...reminds me of those high school 'quickies' - ya know, when you would tell her, "...save it - I didn't ask your name"....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic