Your donations pay for the CIH Forum hosting and software.
Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: The Message Board :: Commercials You Hate !!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiffer Duster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swiffer Duster
    Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:28pm
I can't find the commercial, so I have to explain it...YET AGAIN!AngryAngryAngry

The mom is using the Swiffer Duster and says "Great, now I have time to do a lot of things"! So she reads a book and her own daughter spoils the ending for her!

Stop it with these damn commercials, Swiffer!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

HatredComm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatredComm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:28pm
No one posted that new swiffer commercial with the facemask either.  same thing as the one with the book, but woman's kids get scared when they see her with a face mask.

they just dont quit, do they?!Angry
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 9:33pm
I saw one swiffer duster commercial where the mom finishes sweeping really fast because the product is supposed to get the job done faster. Then she picks up her coffee and says, "I'm going to drink this.....ON THE PORCH!!" and she says it like she's so happy and proud.

Are people really getting THAT BORING to the point where sitting on the porch is considered big fun?

I feel sorry for anyone who's life is so boring that sitting on the porch is considered an awesome fun activity.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:27am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Are people really getting THAT BORING to the point where sitting on the porch is considered big fun?

I feel sorry for anyone who's life is so boring that sitting on the porch is considered an awesome fun activity.

Not to defend the Swiffer ads--most are annoying--but as a homeowner, I can relate to being done with the chores and sitting down to enjoy a beverage on my front porch or the deck out back. 

The point of the ad isn't having more time to do something wildly exciting. The point is having more time to relax.

And sometimes, you actually do see some pretty interesting stuff while you're just sittin' on the porch. At least in these parts.

That said, I'll be the first to say my life, by most peoples' standards (especially CIHers Wink), probably is pretty boring!

I should also point out, Mrs. TK will tell anyone who will listen how great Swiffer Dusters are. She has more than a few knick-knacks about our place, and she swears by her Swiffers for fast dusting. She's even bought starter packs of them for her friends.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Not to defend the Swiffer ads--most are annoying--but as a homeowner, I can relate to being done with the chores and sitting down to enjoy a beverage on my front porch or the deck out back. 

The point of the ad isn't having more time to do something wildly exciting. The point is having more time to relax.

And sometimes, you actually do see some pretty interesting stuff while you're just sittin' on the porch. At least in these parts.

That said, I'll be the first to say my life, by most peoples' standards (especially CIHers Wink), probably is pretty boring!

I should also point out, Mrs. TK will tell anyone who will listen how great Swiffer Dusters are. She has more than a few knick-knacks about our place, and she swears by her Swiffers for fast dusting. She's even bought starter packs of them for her friends.

Yeah, after spending the day working in my backyard, I like sitting back on my patio and enjoying the way everything looks.  Nice and peaceful. 

But as far as Swiffers...I bought a Swiffer mop years ago, used it about 5 times and decided it was more hassle than it was worth.  It left streaks and didn't clean up stuff that got stuck to my ceramic kitchen floor.  It now hangs in my garage, collecting cobwebs.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:59pm
I hate the little ba dum GIVE ME JUST A LITTLE MORE TIMEEEEEE song introduction. I absolutely hate that every ad has to try to shoe horn in music snippets pertaining to the message, in this case, "more time".

I agree that sitting on the porch and drinking coffee or tea is a stupid thing to get excited over. I mean WTF, couldn't she enjoy her coffee on the porch THEN go inside and clean, if sitting on the porch is that f**king important? I'm going to go on record and say I hate porch sitters anyway. Can't walk by one without them getting all f**king fascinated and having them eye rape you as you pass their house. I'm not your TV, don't stare at me. I don't have a porch and the only times I ever sat on porches is in college towns, because drinking and porches go together nicely.

The woman with the green face mask on enjoying a spa basket or whatever is equally stupid. Who in these days with kids has a claw foot tub and a pristine white bathroom? This ain't the hamptons people.

My mom gave me 2 huge refill boxes of swiffer pads when I moved out despite not having a swiffer. I still have most of the original box I opened. Use them for hand dusting once in a great while. That's about it.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:40pm
Swiffer products, in my opinion are for those "Holy Hopping Jesus, they'll be here in 10 minutes" cleanings. WHen I dust, I pull out the Endust or Liquid Gold and really polish. Mopping, fo rme, consists of at least 2 buckets of detergnet and clear water, some on-the-knees scrubbing action, and maybe some towel drying. I push the Swifer mop if I spill soemthing quick.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 5:19pm
I'm not sure exactly which one it is, but in one of the Swiffer dusting ads they show a split screen of a woman dusting with and without the Swiffer.  In the words of Doug Heffernen.....GREAT ASS.
Some commercials are worth watching.
ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 3:50am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I'm going to go on record and say I hate porch sitters anyway. Can't walk by one without them getting all f**king fascinated and having them eye rape you as you pass their house. I'm not your TV, don't stare at me. I don't have a porch and the only times I ever sat on porches is in college towns, because drinking and porches go together nicely.

This! There is a road I take daily to go to work, and the same f**kers are sitting on the porch almost ALL the time. I can prove it, but I'm fairly certain they made multiple calls to the police complaining about speeding, and a speed trap was set up on the road for over a week. Now that we're all being good, going the speed limit, which is fairly slow, they STARE at you as you go by, it's creepy! And heaven forbid you have the windows down, or are playing the radio, or are going too slow. 

As for the dipsticks in the commercials, why not give your KIDS the job of dusting so you can sit on the porch? I dusted and cleaned for my Mom all the time when she asked me, it's no biggie. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:04pm
Are they old? I notice that is only ever elderly people doing this, they love being the neighborhood tattle tails. I have one right next door that sits in his plastic chair despite not having an actual porch. He's out there for 8 hours a day sometimes. I'm pretty sure his family just collects his SS and sits him outside all day because he lives with them. As soon as I come home he turns his head to the side and WATCHES ME the entire walk from my car to my door, which is not short. It's even worse when I'm carrying groceries in. Every time I try to tell someone how creepy I think it is I get the old "oh he's old leave him alone, maybe he's senile" argument. I don't care if he's old, he needs to find a new hobby that doesn't involve using his neighbor as  a source of entertainment. I hate being stared at, absolutely HATE it.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

I'm not sure exactly which one it is, but in one of the Swiffer dusting ads they show a split screen of a woman dusting with and without the Swiffer.  In the words of Doug Heffernen.....GREAT ASS.
Some commercials are worth watching.

Was his way as enthusiastic as Pacino's?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Are they old? I notice that is only ever elderly people doing this, they love being the neighborhood tattle tails. I have one right next door that sits in his plastic chair despite not having an actual porch. He's out there for 8 hours a day sometimes. I'm pretty sure his family just collects his SS and sits him outside all day because he lives with them. As soon as I come home he turns his head to the side and WATCHES ME the entire walk from my car to my door, which is not short. It's even worse when I'm carrying groceries in. Every time I try to tell someone how creepy I think it is I get the old "oh he's old leave him alone, maybe he's senile" argument. I don't care if he's old, he needs to find a new hobby that doesn't involve using his neighbor as  a source of entertainment. I hate being stared at, absolutely HATE it.

Would you mind it as much if he was Brad Pitt?  Wink

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 5:43pm
Yes, it's not the person doing the staring it's the act of staring. My neighbor could be young and hot and I would still get pissy about it.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:51pm
I feel your pain Heza, but it's the price we pay. It's got so I hate bending over to get the groceries out of my truck without turning my head to see the neighbor's window blinds suddenly close.Big smile
ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:17am
Yeah, they're older folks. I get that they don't want us driving fast, that's unsafe. But to stare and follow everyone with their eyes while they drive down the road? No. I'll admit to turning the radio up and playing something obnoxious, like Lady Gaga or LMFAO when I go by now. What are they gonna do, complain I'm being too loud in the middle of the day? 
Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 3:48am
You mean the one with Gillian Vigman?  I think she's hot as can be.   Love her in the Contacts commercial for the "Special Eyes."

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 4:16am
She's alright.  Typical TV soccer mom look.

Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 4:23am
She's absolutely lovely; I'm just sick of seeing her. Just the things I've seen her in off the top of my head:  the movie "Stepbrothers," "The 40 Year Old Virgin," she's the wife of Jack in the Jack in the Box ads, The Swiffer mom, a car insurance ad, and she's in one for Stevia or some such product: sugar that adds fiber.  And more I know I'm forgetting. Enough!  (Good for her though, she is obviously making a nice living at this!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic