Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stupid people

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stupid people
    Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 7:11am
I thought there was a thread addressing this. It may have been beyond my last year search. A "victim" was on the local news. She parked her older (1990s) car in her apartment parking lot. A window was smashed and everything was stolen. The inventory was her wallet which contained $450 cash and her debit card (no doubt with her PIN as her $1200 bank account was emptied) plus 32 Christmas presents. She stated "how could someone do this at Christmas time". This is when they do it the most. The news Wa Wa was that she was a foster child and had recently found her family. She wanted to have her first Christmas with them. If someone leaves these things in a car they deserve what they get. Stupid!     
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 9:02am
I'll bet this woman will appear on one of the court shows very soon.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 2:07pm
sgtrock, that story almost sounds like a hoax or inside job. $450 AND her savings account was wiped out because she just so happened to have her PIN on her card? And every single (32 to be exact) gift? I call BS to the nth degree!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 2:46pm
WinkYea Sarge...there is another stupid people thread somewhere around here, but it is so large it is stupid - it has been around a few years...
~~~
Maddy, many cash registers have 'pin pads' ad the counter - many without protective cover. People will swipe their ATM/Credit/Debit cards, key in their pin, and move on. I've seen people watching over others shoulders, I've seen people leave their cards, and I've seen people with the onset of Alzheimers still using cards, say...maybe the independant type in denial would be the kind of person that would write their pin number on the back of their card, no matter how bad of an idea it is.
~~~

Shocked...but WAIT! Even MORE Police Abuse of Power!

Florida woman claims police made her poop in front yard during drug search  (or, were they making fun of ol'Mule because of the length of his hair?)

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/25/florida-woman-claims-police-made-her-poop-in-front-yard-during-drug-search

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:02pm

I can't imagine ever leaving my wallet in my car, even when it's parked in my garage overnight.  There's just too much info in there to chance it.  Besides having money stolen, it's simply a hassle to have to replace a driver's license, bank cards, insurance cards, etc.

If this woman's telling the truth, she's simply not that bright.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:08pm
People who leave anything of value in their car (unnecessarily) are idiots.

I've even heard of cops having their guns & police dept laptops, etc., stolen out of their vehicles in their driveways overnight.

Apparently too effing lazy to carry it inside.

The dumb woman in the OP should have at least locked the stuff in her trunk.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:13pm
^Some years back, I had a brilliant friend from New Jersey (yea, he was the only one the State had) who left his wallet in his (then new) MR2 and his window down. Had a spare key in the wallet and a set of really expensive golf clubs in the back.
The police found his burnt-out MR2 outside of Tampa, Florida, maybe a month later - no 'Thank You' note. Pretty rude of the theif, I tell ya, but I understand the 'head for the border' mentallity - bad weather up north, good weather down south and, hey! Let's not forget the golf clubs!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 5:30am
I went to the checkout at a small department store and set my items down. They have a very short space both before "sacking" opening and also after and they always have "crap" sitting at the end of the counter. When I set my billfold down, I started to push away some merchandise sitting near end of counter because I thought the cashier might think it was mine. The cashier then snapped at me, "Don't touch that!" She said that she didn't like it when people touched her stuff so I shouldn't touch these return items of another customer. I almost spit at her. There were so many things wrong with what she did. They have a separate cashier a few feet away normally used for returns and other business. I think the cashier knew the other customer. Then the lady who was exchanging came back and she and the cashier who yelled discussed which one she should get.

I said a number of things to her, including why was return items laying in the middle of the checkout counter and not the returns. Of course, on the way home I worked up a real, nasty angry--haven't been this pissed in a long time. I thought about calling back and speaking to a manager but this woman probably was highest personnel on duty. I also didn't want to get her in real trouble, these stores don't pay a lot.

But she embarrassed me for something I didn't do wrong. Man it pissed me off. I go in there fairly often so I thought about talking to her or someone (not say who it was) but I guess it's not worth it. But I have never had a store employee treat me so bad.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Monica View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 11:46am
^ Your post has inspired me to start a new thread. "Worst Customer Service?" That cashier was plain rude to you.
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I went to the checkout at a small department store and set my items down. They have a very short space both before "sacking" opening and also after and they always have "crap" sitting at the end of the counter. When I set my billfold down, I started to push away some merchandise sitting near end of counter because I thought the cashier might think it was mine. The cashier then snapped at me, "Don't touch that!" She said that she didn't like it when people touched her stuff so I shouldn't touch these return items of another customer. I almost spit at her. There were so many things wrong with what she did. They have a separate cashier a few feet away normally used for returns and other business. I think the cashier knew the other customer. Then the lady who was exchanging came back and she and the cashier who yelled discussed which one she should get.

I said a number of things to her, including why was return items laying in the middle of the checkout counter and not the returns. Of course, on the way home I worked up a real, nasty angry--haven't been this pissed in a long time. I thought about calling back and speaking to a manager but this woman probably was highest personnel on duty. I also didn't want to get her in real trouble, these stores don't pay a lot.

But she embarrassed me for something I didn't do wrong. Man it pissed me off. I go in there fairly often so I thought about talking to her or someone (not say who it was) but I guess it's not worth it. But I have never had a store employee treat me so bad.
You should have remembered the Tenth Commandment.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 9:09pm
Thou shalt not covet?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic