Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuff You Can't Live Without!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuff You Can't Live Without!
    Posted: 30 May 2008 at 7:04am
Or...Stuff You Just Really Really Like! 
SpicyMeatball's thread made me think of this one.  Stuff you must have on a continuous basis, either in your fridge, in your medicine cabinet, in your shower, in your life etc. 

For example, I cannot live without Siracha Hot Sauce....there must be a bottle of it in my fridge always....and I can't live without my little poofy in the shower...LOOL...sounds funny.
poofy.

I also can't live without Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup, Extra Noodle in my pantry. 
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Sponsored Links

8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:16pm
Definitely can't live without Cheerios...and particularly, the original.  The sugar-flavored varieties don't have nearly as much nutritional value; and the store-brand knockoffs (particularly Kroger and Marsh) taste like cardboard. 
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:28pm
Coffee!

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:59pm
Flowers, paint, canvas, art supplies in general, lipstick, to name a few.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 1:06pm
Air and water.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:23pm
Me: MissusDWolf, Molson's Ice, Coffee, Cheese, and a computer
MissyDWolf: The Pups, Cheese, Coffee, Liverwurst, crackers, and batteries (she collects them in separate containers - I've never understood why and I guess it's none of my business)...and, well...I'd like to think ME. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 2:29pm
Music, animals, spaghetti, watermelon, cigarettes.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:06pm

I actually get a little nervous if I run low on cheese. I have to have at least a pound of deli sliced American cheese. Also, 1/2 and 1/2 and coffee.

And... and... ok, I'll admit it... toilet paper. I NEED to have at least a 12 pack at all times.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:38pm
Caffeine in at least some form, Pongo, exercise (I usually have lots of energy that I have to burn off at various points of the day), cheese, music
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:49pm
My computer - first and foremost here!!!
My music (a portable CD player w/earphones and at least some CDs by Anthrax and/or Metallica and/or Raven).
"Siggerets" {sp. intentional} and a lighter or matches.
Any cold diet beverage with caffeine (Vault Zero, diet Mt. Dew, etc.).

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 4:16pm
BOOKS, lots of books! Diet Coke, music [I always listen to music while I paint], chocolate.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 5:06pm
YES, Big Momma, BOOKS!

And pens and paper, too! And a dictionary.

I don't think I could go a week to 10 days without a cheeseburger, either.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 7:00pm
Books! I'm NEVER without something to read which is why I need to have a purse that big enough to hold a book. I also can't live without chocolate - I always try to have at least one candy bar in the fridge at home. Right now I have four. I haven't touched them in weeks but I feel better knowing that they are there in case I want it.

I also can't live without my cats, Jellybean and Blackberry.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 7:11pm
My vibrator.  ShockedLOL

Oh and besides that I also can't live without :

PG Tips Tea
Makeup
Pickles, relishes and hot sauces (fridge is loaded with all kinds of condiments)
Nasal Spray
Scrubby Sponges
2000 Flushes Bleach Tabs
Whipped Butter
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
My car
Magazines and books and movies and music (a/k/a THE PUBLIC LIBRARY)
My computer...usually! 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 12:41am
In no order:

My Mt Dew in the a.m.
'puter
something to read
my vehicle
humor. via a funny post, joke or something
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 1:26am
Art and fashion, for intangible concepts.

For real stuff, seafood. It's easily my favorite food. Especially your basses and your swordfish. I'm not so much of a fan of the stuff that tastes fishy, like salmon.
And Oreos. DEAR GOD I will hunt down Betty White and kill her if she has Oreos, and I freaking love Betty White. That's how much I love Oreos.
And, uh, lip gloss, that's for sure.
Nail polish.
My iPod.
My cell phone.
Books.
The Red Sox.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 2:48am
Kat,

If you had salmon that tasted fishy, then you had some bad salmon.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Kat,

If you had salmon that tasted fishy, then you had some bad salmon.

She may have had it broiled or baked.  That tends to bring out the oils and make it taste more "fishy".  I've converted many people like Kat by doing  my salmon the Julia Child Way.  I sear it off flesh side down, and then add some seasoned stock/wine and poach it, covered until cooked through.  Zipping off the skin also reduces the "fishy" taste.  So once that skin is softened, I remove it, and then flip the salmon over for a couple more minutes in the poaching liquid.  Another tip....don't buy the "tail" end of the salmon.  THAT usually tastes very fishy to me.  I hate when grocers fold that under the packages, too! So I go right to the counter. Wink
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:02am
I like it any way except from a can.  If it's fresh, it never tastes fishy to me.

But yours sounds  delicious.
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:21am
Coffeemate Creamy Chocolate

Burt's Bees lip balm.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:57am
Jesus
My Beloved Hubby
CIH!
Love endures all.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

And... and... ok, I'll admit it... toilet paper. I NEED to have at least a 12 pack at all times.

...yea...

...toilet paper is a good thing...

think I'll try some...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 7:16pm
A/C
Broad band
 Friends.........not the silly TV show.Dead
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 12:51am
can stuff mean people? If so, my whole Family.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic