Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stewart Marchman ACT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stewart Marchman ACT
    Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:49pm
Just before Easter I landed what turnerd out to be a Temporary Job at Stewart Marchman ACT (Also known as Enrichment Industries. They supply jobs for handicapped individuals (I happen to have Asburger's Syndrome Ouch). I worked for 6 days working about 24 hours before I was told to go home. The Job was light assembly, The Items I put together are then shipped to Factories across the US. I got the paycheck yesterday and it came to a whopping $78.13! Thats $2.81 an hour! Workers are paid by the piece, and I made considerably more items than most if not all of them. I shudder to think what the rest of them get. One fellow I saw was so handicapped he made 9 items in one day! (I made about 120 of the same items). I have filed a complaint with the US Department of Labor. As I see this is nothing more as the EXPLOITATION of Handicapped People as a source of CHEAP LABOR. Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic