Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spoiled french dog in the Cannon Powershot ad.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spoiled french dog in the Cannon Powershot ad.
    Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 5:20pm
Watching that ad reminds me of my own dog.  I have always suspected that he secretly possesses  the mind of an ungrateful frenchman.  
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 6:23pm
I think Dolce is Italian, and the girl is Australian tennis champ Maria Sharapova.  Also the dog is a Pomeranian which is from Germany and Poland. His accent sounds like it could be any romantic language i.e. Italian, Spanish, or French.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 7:08pm
I think I need that little twit of a 'dog' to jump up and down in front of me while I got a baseball bat...

"...it's gooooiing...going...GONE!!!" 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 8:14pm
I love any ad with a four-footed actor! 
Love endures all.
Ryan Ferneau View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Ferneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 8:16pm
I like the term "snap-happy".
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I think Dolce is Italian, and the girl is Australian tennis champ Maria Sharapova.  

The girl is Russian tennis champ Maria Sharapova
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

I love any ad with a four-footed actor! 

oh....of courese, Frien'Pup.

But in this case, I think we must be careful.
Not sure it is a real dog.
See how it jumps straight up repeatedly, with big eyes, grin, and tongue hanging out?
Almost looks as if the breeze is blowing straight through the ears, keeping it aloft for a bit longer?
I think it is a *fake* dog.
Pretty sure it is a 'WigglePisser'.
They are skeletons with a continuously-full bladder and fur attached; nothing else is there...no brains. They are loving, though...know no other way to be.

I'm pretty sure Noah tried his darndest to run them off the ark, but they were as pesky as rats, and, well...he found a use for them during the 40-day sojourn (the Charmin ran out...), so they got a pass.

"Maaaa!!! Move! Before it pees on ya!...."

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by JimA JimA wrote:

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I think Dolce is Italian, and the girl is Australian tennis champ Maria Sharapova.  

The girl is Russian tennis champ Maria Sharapova

Thats right, she IS Russian, I don't know why I thought Australian...
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 6:29pm
Hey, I almost forgot:  Welcome to Big-E!
Love endures all.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:34am
I like this ad, the dog is adorable, and the voiceover is funny.Big%20smileLOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 2:24am
Maria Sharapova... oh momma. Daddy likes.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 5:16am
Maria Sharapova might be Russian, but she has no discernible accent (other than "American").  And I'm sorry, but wouldn't he just call her "Maria" or "Mommy" if he's her dog?  Do you call your friends or relatives by their first AND last names?
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 6:56am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Maria Sharapova might be Russian, but she has no discernible accent (other than "American"). 

She moved to the US a few years ago.

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

And I'm sorry, but wouldn't he just call her "Maria" or "Mommy" if he's her dog?  Do you call your friends or relatives by their first AND last names?

He's a French dog. Maybe European dogs address their masters formally. I've never owned one, and I've never spoken with one, so I don't know any of this for certain.  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic