Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spam- Don't Knock It Until You Fried It?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spam- Don't Knock It Until You Fried It?
    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 6:43pm
Wow, I thought I was going to run out of letters there!

I'm getting hungry...But seeing this highly processed ham does not impress me. Canned meat? Not something I go for.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 6:52pm
I love spiced ham. I'll fry it and plop some sunny-side up eggs on a plate in a hurry.

Want one better? Go to Hawaii, better yet, Polynesia...you will find SPAM can be a pricy delicacy. Check out the history of it and how it got famous overseas.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I love spiced ham. I'll fry it and plop some sunny-side up eggs on a plate in a hurry.

Want one better? Go to Hawaii, better yet, Polynesia...you will find SPAM can be a pricy delicacy. Check out the history of it and how it got famous overseas.

LOLLOL

OK, that would be nice but our ham is just fine here.  Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOLLOL

OK, that would be nice but our ham is just fine here.  Wink
The history is worth knowingWink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 7:40pm
Turkey Spam is pretty good.

Last year I got a can of some kind of peppered Spam that was OK.

I'm not sure if they have a low sodium variety. For some reason, I'd like to fry some up with pineapple chunks.

Maybe make a sub out of it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 9:29pm
Not bad...

...but it's missing this...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Turkey Spam is pretty good.

Last year I got a can of some kind of peppered Spam that was OK.

I'm not sure if they have a low sodium variety. For some reason, I'd like to fry some up with pineapple chunks.

Maybe make a sub out of it.
WinkYou're getting real close real fast!
Image result for spam recipes pineapple ","
 Directions
  1. Slice a washed, but not peeled potato, and mix thoroughly with diced onion and olive oil in bottom of a one and a half casserole dish.
  2. Follow with a layer of sliced Spam.
  3. Top with the pineapple.
  4. Mix mustard, pineapple juice and pepper in a small bowl and pour over the other ingredients.

Solo Spam And Pineapple Casserole Recipe - Genius Kitchen

www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/solo-spam-and-pineapple-casserole-38019
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 4:25am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Not bad...

...but it's missing this...

Absolutely brilliant!
One man gathers what another man spills
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:25am
Ugh!  I hate these sort of commercials!  Sound of a can opening, sound of spam sizzling in the pan.  It's too much for my ears!!!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:46am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Ugh!  I hate these sort of commercials!  Sound of a can opening, sound of spam sizzling in the pan.  It's too much for my ears!!!

LOLAwwwwwwwwwwHeck! You're a 'nawthana' so you clearly know the Big Guy Above invented shovels so we could scrape up the meat packing 'pieces & parts', stir in the 'secret spices', and toss the oily mess in a can for later consumption. Obviously you remember what didn't make the can became 'scrapple'.
Dump ya some oil in the pan, fry up what's in the can, top off with a couple of runny eggs and...well? Doesn't it just sound like another cold & rainy Saturday morning at 5:30 A.M. in Newark with a hangover so bad you can feel your bones rattling?
What could top off a fine breakfast like that between a group of friends?LOLWink

Yea...toss in bad coffee and brand new magical & wonderfully depressing music. May be *just enough* to keep one from puking on the way out of the diner...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 5:43pm
Fryday?  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be eating this stuff any day, let alone everyday.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 6:46pm
SPAM?

I can see why this attractive young lady is dining alone. Angry

What a brilliant marketing strategy!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 8:22pm
I like Spam.
When I'm feeling about as healthy as a gimpy, 3-legged wolf, I'll buy a can and fry up some slices with runny eggs and feeze ((FAKE) cheese product). One healthy crap within the following 30 minutes and it's a brand new day!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:12am
The gov says you're supposed to eat 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day.  That would be 4 to 5 cans of SPAM for most people...  Sick LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:00pm

I like Spam.
When I'm feeling about as healthy as a gimpy, 3-legged wolf, I'll buy a can and fry up some slices with runny eggs and feeze ((FAKE) cheese product). One healthy crap within the following 30 minutes and it's a brand new day!
LOLLOL

The schedule is crazy around here, I've dropped a deuce or two way before I eat anything in the morning.

Pork/Ham?  I'm thinking about getting one of these...WHO DOESN'T LOVE BACON?!?!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:58pm
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

ROFLMAO!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:17pm
What has a longer shelf life?

A thread on the mighty CIH or a can of SPAM?

Pork Favor???

No way! No how! Not a snowballs chance in hell am I going to try this crap in a can!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:13pm
I've had the turkey spam before.

Not bad....

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:51am
Heart  SPAM!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic