Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Robert Conrad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Robert Conrad
    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:14pm
Death comes in threes, as we all know. The Wild Wild West star is dead at 84. RIP! CryCryCryCry 
I have multiple episodes of his short-lived 1987 TV series 'High Mountain Rangers' on tape. It also starred his two sons. Too short-lived in my opinion...with plenty of family bonding.

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 12:49am
And don't forget his leading role as real life WWII USMC fighter pilot Pappy Boyington in the late 1970's series Baa Baa Black Sheep 

In the cast photo below, you might recognize a couple of guys who went on to stardom in other roles...

...including Larry Manetti (on RC's right) who played Magnum's buddy Rick on Magnum P.I., and John Larroquette (directly behind RC) who infamously played prosecuting attorney Dan Fielding on Night Court.

Nobody ever had the balls to knock the battery off his shoulder.

RIP Robert Conrad.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:36am
John Larroquette was on Baa Baa Black Sheep? Didn't know that.
My mistake. I was confusing him with John Ratzenberger in this post. Yes, LARROQUETTE had his own sitcom for a couple of years, The John Larroquette Show on NBC. And he was on Night Court...

Gah! What happens when you are tired Confused
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 6:41am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

John Larroquette was on Baa Baa Black Sheep? Didn't know that.
Of course I knew him from the Cheers reruns and the first two Toy Story's in my childhood voicing Hamm the Piggy Bank.
I think you're confusing John Larroquette with his Night Court co-star (the late) Harry Anderson, who did a few episodes of Cheers. 

Larroquette was never on Cheers.

Wink

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 6:56am
Fixed, see above.
Larroquette, Ratzenberger...ugh I've had a long day.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:42pm
Jimbo! If you get H&I.  They are playing some of the old shows you like.

I wish I had a better info and times...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Jimbo! If you get H&I.  They are playing some of the old shows you like.

I wish I had a better info and times...

I do get that channel. Thumbs Up

My "problem" is that my antenna picks up so many free channels, I can't watch them all!!!! Embarrassed

I re-scanned recently and found about three or four new ones. LOL

I'm gonna order a new, more powerful signal amplifier in a couple of weeks, so who knows, I might be picking up even more.

Right now I get 47 watchable (non-religious/non-Hispanic) channels after those unwatchable are deleted from the channel surfing lineup.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic